“A great week in Cala N Bosch”

Apartamentos Roc Lago Park
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Cala'n Bosch
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here from 17th -24th May 2014. I was a bit dubious after reading some of the reviews but I had nothing to worry about. Reception staff were very friendly and took all of 5 mins to check in. We were in a 1 bedroom superior (room was 3040), rooms are small but did for myself, my partner and our 2 year old. It was clean but a little cold, once we figured out how to turn off the air con in the bedroom, and put the fleece blankets on the bed (from the wardrobe) it was better. Maid came everyday, cleaned, made the beds and changed the towel daily. I saw a few ants on the balcony but they were never a problem.

We went self catering so can't comment on the food. We prefer to eat out. The med bar is good for snacks and is just underneath the apartments and Chaplins sell British food at good prices so we had lunch at either of those. For dinner I liked Piccolo's and La Fontana, Toro Negro was overpriced and the food wasn't great.

As we were at the beginning of the season the complex was very quiet (more people started arriving nearer the end of our stay) so there was no entertainment until the end of our stay. The pool was clean but OMG was it flippin' cold, things still haven't unshrivelled yet!! Had a fight with my son to get him out as he was shaking so bad with the cold but didn't want to leave the pool. The beach is only about 5-10 min walk away.

I would definitely go back but when my son is a little bit older as I found there wasn't much to do with him. There is a complex and the bottom of the marina (next to Fiesta) that has a pool, slides, fairground rides etc but it hadn't opened yet so have no idea what it was like.

We were with Jet2 and were supposed to have unlimited access to the Aquarock Waterpark but as our rep never came to the resort (we met her at the airport when trying to find our transfer and she gave us our welcome pack as she wasn't going to be in the resort the next day) we went on our last day and paid for the pleasure. More like ripped off!! It is open 10.30-6 and costs 30 euros for all day or 23 euros for a half day, so after paying 46 euros (as under 3's go free) you get charged 3 euros if you use a sun lounger. There is only a small patch of grass at the back that people were sitting on, other than that it is one of the 200 sunloungers. The Waterpark is quite small, one normal pool with Jacuzzi, one wave pool and a kids pool with 3 chutes. There are also 4 big chutes at the back.

Check the other place first (when it's open), it may be better value for money.

The resort is a lovely place, the people were friendly and all the waiting staff were great with my son, taking time to talk to him and playing with him. Katarzyna in La Fontana even fed him his vegetables everytime she past our table, it's the first time he ever cleared his plate lol.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank gm0626

Reviewed 23 May 2014

While walking around Menorca in 9 days, we stayed at different places every night. This one was the worst experience we had.
We had booked the cheapest option, which was an apartment on the other side of the street. First one they gave us had: a toilet that didn't flush, very smelly drains and no filter on the tap, so dirt would come out when taking water. We asked for another apartment, which had a newer kitchen and functioning toilet, but the bedroom really smelled humid. After searching for a long time, we determined that it were probably the bed covers that smelled really bad.
After talking with reception, we ended up deciding to stay in that one, but it was definitely not a health sleep, my PJs were damp from the humidity in the room when I woke up in the morning.
What bothered me most is that the excuse for such a lack of standard quality, was that they had just opened for the season.
Wouldn't recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank SIrLancelotBCN
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We have just returned from a relaxing 10 days spent at the Roc Lago Park, the complex was very clean and in a very good area, we had a two bedroom apartment on self catering basis over looking the marina and the view was spectacular. The apartments were clean and basis but they had every thing you needed for self catering and I would recommend this resort to anyone.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the marina
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank sallyg1967
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I went for a week scuba diving and so only wanted basic accommodation. Hotel is located on the marina and above a few bars and restaurants. I went the first week in May, which is effectively the first week of the season, and only half the shops/bars/restaurants were open. On the plus side it was very quiet! when everything is open there shouldn't be a problem finding somewhere to eat/drink. All staff were very polite and helped where they could. All one bedroom apartments are on the first floor, meaning there are only 2 bedroom apartments on the ground floor, so if you have any walking difficulties then you will have to pay a supplement to stay on the ground floor. this isn't all that clear from their website. You can also buy drinks vouchers, silver for 15 euros and Gold for 38 euros. Silver gets 10 drinks (beer, wine, coke, coffee, etc.) and gold gets 20 drinks. These can only be used at the bar though and not in the restaurant where you will have to buy drinks for the table. There are several supermarkets just a minutes walk from the hotel and as all the rooms have a fridge, basic 2 ring cooker and a microwave it is just as easy to stock up with drinks and snacks in the apartment. the bus stop is next to the shopping complex and again less than a minutes walk away and the bus fares are quite cheap to most other resorts/areas at around 1.60 euros.

Room Tip: Room 3128 is a single bed apartment overlooking the marina. It wasn't for me, but I guess it co...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Diving_or_work
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

The staff, I found, we're virtually unseen. My family and I booked in at the reception from a quiet woman and had our rooms cleaned daily by a maid (who we never saw) However, this was good to me as I wanted to go on holiday for the beaches, not staying in a hotel. In a great place to visit the beach, pretty much a 50 second walk away from a marina with a row of lovely restaurants and a couple stands you can get henna tattoos from or jewellery. I recommend the restaurant called the pizzeria as I am yet to find a pizza as delicious as the ones made there. Walk along the marina for a while, and you will come across 2 places where you may purchase a trip in a glass bottomed boat. Both are wonderful, as is the restaurant next to it. There were 3 beaches I visited in total. The first one was the best, selling gorgeous ice creams, stunning sea and beautiful white sand. The 2nd was further away and a little disappointing and the 3rd was extremely busy and not nearly as good as the first. I cannot recall the name of the 1st beach, but from above it looks curved and abit like a clam. It also has a small cliff next to it, great for cliff diving!! Small plastic boats with slides on are available for rent.
The apartment I stayed in was far away from the pool and overall very clean. It did get a bit chilly in the night time and we suffered a minor ant infestation after leaving our patio door ajar accidentally. Both bedrooms were of average size and appearance, the TV does not offer many channels in English unfortunately. Wifi must be payed for. Shops in close proximity. Nice pool. Great for small kids and families, but this is not the kind of hotel that would be nice to stay in all day. Come back at night to sleep but it's best to spend as much time as possible outside. Ask for superior. My family did not have dinner at the hotel as we proffered to eat at restaurant outside. There is an alley near the beach with an amazing pub, it has a soft area for toddlers, but is nearly always empty. Sells cheap beers and delicious sandwiches, nice for a little visit after or during your trip to the beach.

Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Laura1571
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Stayed at Roc Lago apartments October 4th 2013, great location and the resort was very quiet, due to the impending close down for winter. Such a shame as the weather was always in the mid to high twenties and the area is beautiful. Will return if possible next year. Food was only average but with only a handful on diners / guests you couldn't expect anything else. Still good value for a three star,

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Michael F
Reviewed 9 October 2013

2nd time at roc lago stayed two weeks in september room was cleaned every day with clean towels beds changed twice a week went half board food was very good something 4 everyone staff were alway polite and helpful plenty to do outside hotel lovely beach two minute walk to shops,resteraunts and bars

• Stayed: September 2013
Melia Cala Galdana
#2 of 9 in Cala Galdana
Sol Milanos Pinguinos
Casas del Lago Hotel, Spa & Beach Club - Adults Only

Been to Apartamentos Roc Lago Park? Share your experiences!