“Definately one to visit”
Review of Nichteri - CLOSED

Nichteri
Price range: US$22 - US$33
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
“Definately one to visit”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed a very nice meal here, which was all flavoursome, well presented and staff were friendly. I must say I think the highlight for me was a very delicious dessert which was a chocolate one presented in a flower pot and looked exactly like a potted plant, it was great!

Visited July 2014

• Greek first
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Honest delicious contemporary greek food”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

On our first day we more or less by chance chose this beautiful restaurant as the place to lunch. The menu was comprised of few but well-chosen dishes, and we chose to share two startes and one main. Our choices were greeted with a smile and a nod of approval by our server, who by the way was the best we encountered while in Kamari - no tourist suck up here!
On to the dishes. We chose a feta cheese wrapped in filo dough with honey and sesame seeds, a chickpea purée with caramalized onions and the main was pasta with mushrooms (the really large meaty kind, I don't remember the name of it). It was so delicious all of it, not too greasy, nor to "healthy" and all of it packed with bold flavours. I would definitely recommend anyone to go there - we are actually heading back to try their desert made with Valehona blonde Dulcey chokolate, we were just to full our first time there..

London
“Arrogance.”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

After a number of trips to Santorini, we were pleased to finally be heading to Nichteri to see what all the fuss is about.

I couldn't help but feel they didn't want us to be there when they saw we were with a child. (An immaculately dressed child who loves eating, and smiling at waiters).

The menu was good, but massively skewed towards meat or fish dishes. There was only one white meat dish, which is my wife's dietary requirement.

Having had our first drinks delivered we asked the waiter if he could help, since out of a whole menu there was only one chicken dish. He didn't want to know, but trotted off to the kitchen to supposedly ask the chef if he'd help.

Upon his return, with smugness and arrogance, he smiled as he told us that they weren't prepared to help. Despite us being one of only six diners at the time.

For example, they had a pork gyros plate. But would NOT take that and exchange pork for a chicken breast - which they had.

We would not return because although asking 'off menu' can be annoying, and we get that, a simple bit of assistance meant we couldn't stay and spend good money.

Mostly, it was the attitude which was appalling.

I'm sure that the food would be lovely - but pretentiousness in a seaside restaurant doesn't cut it for me.

Visited July 2014
“Excellent classy food”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Nice location in the middle of Kamari Bach.
Food and service is just excellent and topped with excellent service and sea view it's just a great place to have a romantic dinner.

The only minus I can think of is that it's not open for lunch anymore.

Visited June 2014
Liverpool
“Very, very good”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We'd seen this restaurant recommended in one of the blogs on the forum, and it proved a very good tip. Talking to our hotel's owner the next day we were told that the chef has an excellent reputation throughout Greece.

The food was really very good, and the service was excellent.

I particularly enjoyed my starter of fava beans and Santorini sausage. It came with a poached egg and was rich, but absolutely delicious.

I was also pleasantly surprised by the house red - at only 8 euros 50 a bottle, it was perfectly drinkable.

All in all, my wife and I had a very good three course meal with wine for about 60-70 euros. For the quality of food and service I'd say it was excellent value.

• Visited July 2014