“Just a perfect place to stay in Kamari!”

Acropole Sunrise Hotel
Ranked #22 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed for 5 nights in my visit to Santorini last August. It's a nice peaceful place with great views, nice and very clean rooms with balcony and beautiful common areas. Besides that, is the unique place in the world where owners make you feel like home, amazing people that do everything to make your stay just perfect! Be sure you won't regret to choose this place.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Ifox121

Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed in acropole sunrise hotel for 5 days and everything was perfect! The room was nice and very clean! Amazing view in a very good position! The owners were very kind, friendly and helpful to us!! It's a perfect place to stay in Santorini! Although I should mention that this place shouldn't be preferred from those who don't have car or motorbike! It's difficult to reach or leave the hotel on foot! I totally recommend it!!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Lyd12345
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Petros and Stamatis are great people and will do their best to accommodate you and everything they recommend to you all around Santorini is really worth it. Very good value for money and with a beautiful view. Also they provide a nice breakfast, which is included in the price, and Kamari is a lovely place with good places to eat. We will definitely visit this hotel again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sofia A
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Small family run hotel overlooking Kamari from a semi-steep hill offers a splendid view in the direction of Fira and you may enjoy sunrises and the sea from small balcony that each room has or from seats for two in the yard. But the biggest asset of the hotel is warmth and openness of the owners. Stamatis and Petros will be glad to pick you up at the airport and help you out with car rental, restaurant recommendations and other useful information about the island and activities.

The place is uphill, i.e. 5-10 minutes from the Black beach, so by walking up and down, if you don't have a car, you do a nice exercise. Winds are quite strong, consequently, air in the room is very fresh. Breakfasts are modest, lots of jam. I missed greek yogurt only.

We stayed here for a week and would love to spend more time

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the seaside.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank SasaZag
Reviewed 26 June 2013

It's an awesome family running hotel which makes you feel really like you're even a part of this family.. very nice and polite people.. i loved the place so much.. very helpful in everything, easy go to fira (the center) and where you go from there to anywhere.. if i ever went to santorini again.. it'll be the only place i'll think about going to..

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amr_Sanad
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

This is a family run hotel and the owners are wonderful. I really enjoyed this place. It is up a steep hill so I was glad I had a rental car. The room was clean and functional. The TV had limited choices and the WIFI only was available in the open patios. They told me they are working on improving that to get the WIFI available in the rooms. Breakfast was included. A lot of biscuits, cake, bread and my favorite, toasted cheese and ham sandwich. One day I got up early and had a wonderful sunrise. Rooms 1 and 2 are best for that. I got my laundry done there for a reasonable price and it smelled wonderful. The place was nice and quiet and restful. I would recommend to anyone who likes a quiet retreat and has either wheels or strong calves for getting up the hill. Very reasonable rates and warm reception.

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank StarrsySmith
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Petros and his family are lovely hosts, very knowledgeable and helpful. Petros told me the hotel was built by his parents and he and his family are continuing the tradition. I stayed four nights. My room had a lovely little balcony area where I could watch the sunrise and see the beautiful view of Kamari and the mountains and the sea. It was perfect. I also had a small fridge in my room, hot water, clean towels and sheets, although since I was traveling alone it was not necessary to change them every day. I think that is wasteful, so I asked them not to change them every day. The property has a lovely covered terrace and an open courtyard with the same view I had. Breakfast was nice with real filter coffee! No Nescafe instant here! My room also had air con, but I didn't need it.

It is a bit of a trek up the hill to get to the property as I didn't have a car, but I didn't mind. It is a short walk from the beach, maybe 15 minutes.

I just read someone else's review from this month, and I see they picked him up at the airport free of charge. This was not offered to me, but my original booking was five nights, so maybe this person stayed much longer than me. But I had arranged for them to pick me up at the airport, but my evening flight from Athens was cancelled due to wind. Then my flight the next morning was delayed for the same reason. I emailed to tell them and I thought they were going to check the flights and see when it arrived and still meet me at the airport, but no one was there so I took a taxi. I think this was just a mix up, but it was no problem to take a taxi. The taxi charged me 12 euros.

I will explain why I gave this lovely hotel and lovely property a rating of 4 instead of 5. There are two reasons. When I paid for my room, I was told I had to pay for the first night even though my flight was cancelled, so it was not my fault I couldn't get there. The hotel was nowhere near full, so I did not think this was right. I booked though booking.com, so I am not sure what the policy is, but that shouldn't matter. I stayed four nights and felt I should not have to pay for the first night as I did not cancel by choice. The second reason is that when I was taken to the airport by Stamatis he charged me 15 euros, when I was quoted 25 euros through email for airport pick up (which I did not receive) and drop off. Stamatis is also the one who told me I had to pay for the first night, not Petros. So while I am not really annoyed by either of these things as it is not a lot of money, I really felt I shouldn't have to pay for the first night. I told Stamatis I felt this way, but he pleasantly said I did.

The family is really lovely and their English is excellent, especially Petros and his wife. This hotel is a fantastic value for the money. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a sea, mountain and sunrise view, so request this if you want. But all rooms have...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ATbackpacker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamari
Aenaon Villas
Bellonias Villas
Bellonias Villas
#3 of 75 in Kamari
Santellini Boutique Hotel

Been to Acropole Sunrise Hotel? Share your experiences!