Narkissos Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
Adonis Hotel(Kamari)
View Hotel
All reviewsshort stroll to the beachplace to staybus stopvisit santorininice hotelother guestsluxuryoiaisland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I spent only one night at Narkissos Hotel in Kamari, Santorini, but I was there, in its small restaurant (bar and Internet cafe), practically almost every day for another week. For this week I am talking about, I had booked a hotel across the street but the colleague's family, with whom I traveled, and I had to book a day earlier in addition because the Greeks were on strike on 1 May and the ferry to Stantorini had to be changed to the previous day. Warning, everybody, about 1 May as a day to travel in Greece! Don't!
The hotel itself, a small budget hotel, has absolutely everything basically needed, is very neat and clean and makes you feel like in a house. This feeling was furthered by Oleg, the proprietor, a Belarusian who also speaks Russian, English and Greek, a very nice person who was there every day, gave us company, recommended and arranged visits, etc. The hotel is very near to the beach, there are all kinds of restaurants around that are not expensive, as well as supermarkets and shops. Be advised that, wherever you are in Santorini, you need a car. No problem: there are two rent-a-car offices next door! It is a good idea for Santorini to stay in a place like Kamari and not in Thira, Oia or Imerovigli because the hotels there are expensive, usually difficult to reach (you have to climb up and down) and because you are to visit these three places anyway.
I had been in Santorini in October 2012 with my wife and we were so enchanted by it that we decided to visit it again in May 2013. Unfortunately, my wife could not travel this time - and in a way this is a good thing because we will have to think of a third visit (at least). Having stayed in Santorini for about 10 days now, I can say I know the place almost perfectly, but I would still be more than happy to go there again. As we say in Bulgarian, my native language: "there is no such place on earth"! Fantastic, breath catching, beyond imagination!
Tip: visit Santorini in May or in October! In summer it is sheer hell. There are no crowds in May and October and the weather is perfect: 20 in the night, 25-28 during the day!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Krasimir K
Reviewed 1 May 2013

A great location very close to beach and restaurants / bars. Nice breakfast, big room, very comfortable bed (hard, but that's what I like) and kept beautifully clean. The shower / wc was small, but acceptable. The cost was stunningly low for what we got.
However the icing on the cake was Oleg the manager. He was friendly, helpful, chatty and just the perfect host. Those five stars are for you Oleg.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ShrimpersNo1
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Loved my stay in Narkissos Hotel! It was a wonderful recovery place for me to relax. Just a short stroll to the beach and supermarket. The room was compact, clean and a great little balcony I could watch the sunrise. Breakfast was big and fresh in the relaxing dining/relax room. Service provided by Oleg was excellent! I felt very relaxed and enjoyed it was a small motel. The meals provided at the Just 4 bar/restaurant was fabulous. Staying at Narkissos was a lovely part of my stay in Karari without breaking my budget.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony/view
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Larisamay
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Booked a package holiday and selected this hotel on price and Trip Advisor reviews.

Rooms are small, but I got wifi on the first floor; the bathroom is tiny; never used the TV;
But it's close to the bus stop, minutes to the beach, Oleg and his family are helpful and friendly, and why would you want to spend much time in your room when you are in Santorini?

The supermarket across the road is heaps convenient. We bought beach towels and used them instead of renting beach chairs..and had a Santorini souvenir to show for it afterword.Cheap wine and beer as w ell.

You run the gauntlet of the touts trying to entice you into their taverna each night as you walk back to the hotel, but by day three they leave you alone ..well they don't try as seriously.

So if you don't mind not having a pool, are on a budget and want a convenient location, you won't mind Narkissos.

But it's no fancy hotel by any stretch of imagination. But we had no regrets.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank seeker372011
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Narkissos Hotel is everything I hoped for during my stay in Santorini. The room is big (for a solo traveller like me), most importantly clean and well-maintained plus it is cheap.

It is only a minute away from the Kamari Beach, there is a supermarket that closes around 2am just nearby, several shops and restaurants as well as 2 vehicle rental shops for your getarounds in Santorini.

The staff were friendly and helpful. My room has good wifi connectivity. I do not have any problem with internet on my 3rd floor room.

Most recommended.