“My best holiday, very friendy very helpful, lovely people”
Review of Zacharakis Studios

Zacharakis Studios
“My best holiday, very friendy very helpful, lovely people”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

The warmest of welcomes villy, jimmy, vangelles , the nicest of people nothing was to much trouble, i wouldn't hesitate in recommending it to everyone i meet,i not just the island of santorini , or the resort of kamari but also these apartments, i would only ever stay here , nowhere else if and when i'm in a position to holiday again, which i hope will be sooner rather than later.

• Stayed May 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Staying at Zacharakis was like staying with family, in fact after my three weeks there they became family. My room was lovely, like a home away from home. Beach views, lovely refreshing rooftop pool, and fab location with no noisy neighbours. Cleaning staff were excellent and really lovely, and Vily and her family looked after me and were incredibly kind. I was a single girl on my own and couldn't have felt safer. They offered great advice on the island, places to eat and always there with a friendly smile when I came back from my adventures! It's right behind the big hill to the ruins, a good work out each evening for those that like a steep walk. Shops and restaurants are a mere stroll away and the bus stop is at the end of the street. Choose to stay here and you won't regret it.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank HMC2
milan
Reviewed 16 July 2012

- A lovely small complex of studios with personal service from the owner, Dimitris, and his daughter.
- Nice studio with all you need to cook yourself a lunch or dinner.
- Excellent housekeeping staff.
- Nearly all the studios have a small balcony.
- you don’t need to bring your own.
- Studios are 50 yards one way to the sea, 50 yards the other way and you are at the start of the lovely beachfront walk full of restaurants and shops.
- Very near restaurants if you want a change from your own cooking..
- Small supermarket/shop within 10 yards from the front gate. Other, bigger supermarket around 100 yards away which has lots of variety and even has quite a few English products.
- Area is very quiet at night so you sleep well.
- Only 50 yards from bus stop.
Six of us stayed here at the beginning of July, (three studios). We loved Santorini and Kamari area. The Zacharakis Studios were excellent value for money and we all agreed we would love to go there again and don’t hesitate to recommend them to others.

Room Tip: Ask to have a room with a balcony. Practically all do but one or two don't.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank lisaitalyMilan
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We spent three nights here before our wedding and it was really great.
Our sea view apartment was perfect, cosy, quiet and absolutely clean.
Hotel staff and the owner were really friendly and very helpful, the owner gave us some special advices and gifts for our wedding.
The location of the apartments houses is also very good.
When we go back to Kamari we will definitely choose again this accommodation, our stay was really great.
Thank you very much! :)

Room Tip: Sea view apartments are great.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank csz75
Firenze, Italy
Reviewed 25 June 2011

I have just come back from a six-night stay at Zacharakis studios in Kamari. I actually stayed there my first time in Santorini with my friends, back in 1998, and remembered this place very well. I am glad I chose to go there again. The studios are located in the best part of Kamari, at the far end (or at the very beginning, depending on how you look at it) right next to the mountain. This is in my opinion the most beautiful part of the village. Being on a side road at the far end, the location is quiet, yet you are in the middle of everything: the beach is 50 mt away, the bus stop also within a one minute walk, and shops/restaurant on your doorstep. The studios are large and spacious, equipped with anything you need and extremely clean. The balcony is lovely, with a nice view of the village, the sea and the beautiful mountain. They offer free wireless internet, which I used quite often and worked perfectly. There is also a very lovely swimming pool on the roof, giving a very beautiful view of the sea and mountain. A really nice place to relax. Last but not least, the family who runs it is wonderful. Mr Zacharakis, his daughter Vily and her boyfriend are the kindest and sweetest persons you could hope to meet. During my stay I twisted my ankle, and they drove me to the hospital, chemist’s, etc.; they took care of me in the warmest and most genuine manner with lovely gestures I will never forget. The next time I go to beautiful Santorini, I will definitely stay at Zacharakis’.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo