“Fantastic hotel personal service would not think to stay anywhere else WHEN we return”

and 1 more site!
Chez Sophie Rooms & Suites
Ranked #11 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
Bradford
Reviewed 19 September 2011

As many reviewers have already mentioned the owner Tina is THE reason to stay here. I am currently lay by the lovely pool listening to her helping guests. Nothing is to much trouble. We wanted a car she had one delivered to us at a time that suited us at the best price. Airport runs not a problem and don't even think about venturing out to eat without asking where to go you will not be disappointed.
The location at Kamari Beach is great for the beach 2 min walk and the bars and restaurants. The bus stop is the same distance as is the dive centre.
We had a car for 3 days which is plenty to see the island. The main towns of Fira and Oia are nice if a little 'plastic' and certainly when we visited packed full of cruise ship tours.....if you like that sort of thing. We were glad to get back to the sea breeze at Kamari at the end of the day!
Clean rooms and the suites have individual terraces we also had a jacuzzi.

7 Thank AndyNBradford

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Right from the moment I made my initial inquiry about our stay I was surprised at the quick response and attention to detail that Tina handled our reservation. She picked us up at the airport even when our flight arrived so late. Breakfast was tasty and sufficient. Don't miss her homemade carrot jam! Tina helped us with directions and suggestions on what to see and where to eat. Even driving us to a restaurant. We felt more like family/friends than hotel guests. We absolutely loved the location. Close to bus stop, beach, taverns and restaurants. Most of all we truly enjoyed the hospitality and warm reception of Tina and chez Sophie. No disappointment at all with our choice for our holiday on Santorini.

6 Thank Linny758
wiresparky
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I'm currently sitting by the pool at chez Sophie writing this review on our penultimate day in santorini.

We arrived 10 days ago to greetings from George and Tina, the owners.

George welcomed us with a beer and sat us down for some lessons. He drew us a map with all the best places for food, drink and views.

Their son meanwhile carried our luggage up to our room. After an hour or so of being welcomed like family we made our way up to the room which was spotless and everything we needed.

Any reservations were made for us in restaurants we had to book courtesy of Tina. And she went out of her way to accommodate our every need, even recommending a company whom a friend of hers ran for quad hire. 15'mins later the owner turned up to take me to her shop and give me a good price.

Breakfast every morning was from 8-11 but on a couple of occasions we went down around 11.30 and were still offered breakfast even though it had been packed up. It involves ham and cheese, croissants along with other varietys of cake etc. Tina also makes her own marmalades of which the carrot one is unbelievable.

Today I mentioned to Tina about how our tomatoes back in the uk are nowhere near as tasty and how I would like to take some back from santorini. Tina then phoned her grocer to get some good tomatoes delivered the following morning for our flight home. The icing on the cake for me!!!!

I thoroughly recommend this hotel and would agree with everyone else with their previous reviews for here.

Don't look elsewhere just book chez Sophie

Many thanks George and Tina, we look forward to returning soon.

Shaun and Laura

6 Thank wiresparky
Vancouver
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Hospitality, family, helpful, friendly, caring...are only a few words to explain the owners of Chez Sophie!

I had come to stay there in July through a recommendation and I think I owe that person a big kiss! Georgis came to pick me up from the ferry and even took the time to stop to show me some of his favorite views on the way to the hotel. I was a solo female traveler and not only did Tina and Georgis make me feel safe they made me feel like part of their family. Throughout my stay they tripped over themselves to assist me, from downloading my favorite movie, making me detailed maps, offering to drive me to a nearby town because it was easier to take a bus from there to giving me a big hug when I left.

The hotel itself was perfect and quaint. It was clean, one block from the beach, had a pool, great cold breakfast and close to transit.

I will forever recommend this hotel and dream of the day I can return to spend time at the Chez Sophie!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
13 Thank LisaVancouver
Aspe, Spain
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We arrived at Santorini airport and were totally overwhelmed by the reception that Georgis gave us, even though it was the first time we had met and even though the plane was delayed by 30 minutes.
The hospitality continued throughout our stay, Tina, Giorgis's wife, made us feel as if we had known them for twenty years.
Nothing was too much trouble, it was booked as B & B but they were always around and would help if they could
John and Anne

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank shaul92
Ft. Worth, Texas
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Oh Chez Sophie...what can I say. The hotel is small, 13 rooms I think, one block from the beach, clean, cozy, great breakfast, wonderful management, great pool. Tina will make your stay incredible. She helped answer ALL of our questions, even by email prior to us arriving. Neat person! Like I said, the hotel is one block from Kamari beach - this turned out to be a blessing because we weren't right on the beach with the noise and craziness that occurs at night. Other small hotels and residences were near us - very quiet and peaceful. The pool is bigger than the other hotel pools in the area - I noticed because a friend stayed in another hotel and was upset at the small size of theirs. The breakfast is pastries, ham, cheese, breads, cereals, awesome yogurt and Tina's homemade marmelades. It's not a typical American breakfast, but it will keep you going until lunch! IF you rent a car, the parking lot for the beach is right across the street. Also, the bus stop is right at the corner. Very convenient. Really, we were there a week and loved it. We had friends in other hotels who did not love their rooms. Stop looking and stay at Chez Sophie!

A word about our experience on the island of Santorini itself. If your main objective is to enjoy the beach, then Kamari is the best town for you to stay. This IS the beach. And it's not sand, it's large, dark, pebbles so bring aquasocks or every store sells them for 8 Euro. You can rent a palapa for 6 Euro/day for shade, otherwise down at the south end of the beach near the mountain, there are trees to lay under. This is also where the 'locals' and cliff divers go. At the top of that mountain is Ancient Thira - I highly recommend seeing it. Tours go up there, or catch the bus. We didn't dare walk it. Fira and Oia are on the West coast of the island and are on the cliffside. No beaches. Since they are on the cliff, they both have endless stairs - probably not a good idea if you have mobility issues. These towns are good for shopping, seeing the sunset, good photo ops, watching the donkeys and are crowded with folks.

Room Tip: Email Tina - the manager- with any questions you may have. She's wonderful.