Chez Sophie Rooms & Suites
Agoda.com
US$237
US$190
Agoda.com
Castro Hotel Kamari(Kamari)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$212
US$143
US$132
HotelQuickly
All reviewsher daughterhome away from homeclean roomsbus stopminute walksmall fridgea stones throwfresh breadwonderful hotelbars and restaurantslovely poolwedding partygreek yogurtairportsantorinibeachhosts
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The location is fantastic. Tina, the host is super sweet and helpful. I was greeted with a welcoming glass of wine, very homey feel Close to the beach and a bus stop. I spent 3 nights here in May 2014.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Leanne L
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed three nights at Chez Sophie in May, and found it to be exactly as amazing as the previous 150 reviews say it is. Over the years I have found lots of reasonably priced hotels here on Trip Advisor getting great reviews, simply because people tend to think “Oh well, it was really cheap, so…”. Most of the time you get what you pay for. But absolutely everything was perfect at Chez Sophie - it is one of those hotels you would book your entire holiday around, just to be sure to get a room.

The room and bathroom looked brand new and modern (without losing the Greek style), with a small fridge, a desk and a convenient closet. The room was kept spotlessly clean during my stay, and when my toilet would not flush, Tina herself fixed it immediately. I stayed at the second floor (#201), and had a semi-private “balcony” outside the room with two chairs and a table. I ended up bringing back a gyros and having a great dinner there several times =)

The pool area is great as well. Sure, you can get a hotel even closer to the beach (this is around 100m from the promenade) – but you do not get any privacy at these hotels. You literary sunbath on the promenade… At Chez Sophie you have a quiet area to retreat to, there are always chairs available and everything is, of course, spotlessly clean. The hotel looks like something out of a Greek Disney Land – it is just so well maintained!

The breakfast is only €5, and is definitely “quality over quantity”. More or less everything seemed to be homemade, like jams, pastries and yoghurt. You can also get bread, ham, cheese, eggs, coffee and juice. Just the amazing yoghurt is worth €5!

If you walk down to the beach, there are a great promenade with restaurants, shops and hotels. If you fancy cheap Greek “fast food” I recommend Souvlaki Stop, a small hole in the wall with great gyros for only €2. I asked them to wrap them up, and brought them back to my “balcony”. There are also plenty of small grocery stores in Kamari, and the nearest one is on the first parallel street when you walk down to the beach. You will find a cheaper and larger one if you walk 50m up the road from the restaurant Mama Mia (just continue on the road from the first grocery store).

The bus stop to Fira is just opposite Mama Mia, and the bus will let you off on the same street when you return – it is the last stop, so you cannot miss it. Ticket price is €1,6.

The best part of this hotel, apart from the very reasonable price, is the owners. Tina seemed like a genuinely warm and caring person, and tried her best to make sure I had a great time while staying at her hotel. When I was leaving, she gave me a heart shaped stone her daughter had made and welcomed me back to the hotel. I mean – who does not want to come back to a hotel like this? I do not think I would bother going to Santorini if I could not stay here…

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
8  Thank TheSuitcase
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We spent 3 nights in Chez Sophie in July and had an amazing level of service and attention to detail. I'd say that this is a "boutique" hotel, small, family run, the owners were gracious, warm, and served up a breakfast that we did not top during our month-long stay in the Agean region.

The hotel was proudly displaying a Trip Advisor award, and I'd say it will earn more in the future.

We walked easily to the beach and restaurants nearby, and got daily travel hints from the owners about places we should drive to and things we should see during our stay.

I would definitely stay there again the next time I get to the Greek Islands.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
13  Thank visiting_cali_girl
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This hotel was rated no1 in Kamari and worth it. It is a small hotel with all the basics and a wonderful homely feeling. It is literally 100m from the sea and very affordable. Breakfasts are delicious with homemade jams etc and since there are only 12 rooms it certainly does not feel like a hotel. The host goes out of her way for guests and even made us toasted ham & cheese sandwhiches to have for lunch at the pool when we did not feel like going out.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
12  Thank Carina F
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We had read online about this hotel and about Tina the owner; but your really never know until you get there. Well all the reviews were correct!!! We arranged with the hotel to have someone pick us up and you'll want to do that also. It's crazy at the small port, and to see your name on a sign was a HUGE relief.
OK so aside from that Tina was wonderful hostess, she is sooooo sweet and kind. Couldn't seem to do enough for us, from making us drinks to arranging a car for us. I know the hotels do that for you but she was just sooo sincere about helping us. Her son asked us if we were going hiking to the church and I thought he meant the one right by the beach. Big deal right; NO he meant the one up the mountain to Ancient Thira. (a absolute must by the way) OH that one. I was so glad that they had said something; we would never known about it.
Great place because the beach is right there, and from our room upstairs we could see the beach and the road (you walk) to Ancient Thira very cool!!!
Breakfast was wonderful and Tina even makes her own jam and it's soooooooo GOOD!
You can shop to your hearts content, eat til you drop, drink too. Water sports are right there, art galleries.. Kamari Beach has it all. Really it does and the hotel is a 2 minute walk to it all. Close to it all without being noisy.
If you want a romantic night Ask her husband George about that. there's a restaurant that he told my son and his wife about..they couldn't say enough about it.
So to recap for you: great family hotel, Very clean, FABULOUS OWNER Tina, 2 minute walk to the promenade (that's what they call where everything is by the beach),wonderful hiking, swimming, water sports, beautiful swimming pool. If you are fortunate enough to stay there tell Tina hi
Also very reasonably priced too.

Room Tip: Our room was a standard room, good for my 15 year old and myself. Great view. My other son had a LARGE family room for himself, his wife and 16 month old. Very nice. It was close to the pool
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family