“Repeated Visits to a Friendly Taverna with Great Food”
Review of El Greco

El Greco
Ranked #52 of 124 Restaurants in Kamari
Price range: US$15 - US$49
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: El Greco Restaurant is one of the oldest Tavern- restaurants in Kamari beach, since 1979Offering real Greek and Santorin’ special plates, Using original local products, in low price and friendly service.
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Our first visit to this taverna was a bit rushed, but we went again because the food was so good. All our subsequent visits were relaxing and the service was excellent. Davide, the Georgian who guided us to our seats, was very pleasant and helpful. Ellie, from Moldova, brought the food and served us with warmth and friendliness, and Theodore, one of the islanders, was always full of enthusiasm and friendly chat as he served us with food and wine. We had a carafe of house red on our last night, free.
I ate most of the Greek dishes on the menu and enjoyed every one. My wife has different tastes but was happy with the soups and the omelettes. The deserts were very good, too. Prices were very fair, considering the seaside location.
The fact that this was the taverna we visited most speaks for itself.

1  Thank Stuart A
There are newer reviews for El Greco

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I lost my grilled Sea Bream virginity here...later I had it two more times at different restaurants...but El Greco's is the best! And was the cheapest!

Sea Bream: a sizeable white fish grilled perfectly, lemon sauce aplenty, with veggies and potatoes...all for only 12.50 euro!
6.50 seafood soup was good too, but you live without it.
5.50 half liter of wine...typical Greek white. But after I finished it(alone), the waiter brought me an extra full glass for free! (So basically, I drank an entire wine bottle by myself...that's what I call vacation/holiday!)

Out the three Sea Breams I had eaten in Greece...El Greco's is the BEST!

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Great vacation and good food.Excellent greek dishes , excellent deserts ! Nice view near the sea ,friendly staff and atmosphere ! Real Greek ! We'll be back !
Vali and Mihaela

Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

The paella was good and one of the girls ordered a pizza and salad which were both nice. Service was slow and had a hard time flagging down the server to order more wine but he did end up comping us on the bottle since it took so long.

Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

We are both non meat eaters so when we noted the veggie mousakka we thought lets try it and I was really good n tasted great . Not the best but we would go again .. shame resturant us not replying to criticism