“Great food, friendly atmosphere,welcoming and attentive staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Spring

The Spring
Ranked #70 of 115 Restaurants in Kamari
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Groups, Kids, Cheap Eats, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We have been on Santorini 5 times and always stayed in Kamari. Here we have found The Spring at the far end of the waterfront to be a very good place to dine or just get a cup of cappucino. The restaurant is not large but run by a friendly greek family and the food is good. Last year we was engaged and asked if they could make a special meal for us. To our surprice the meal was not only delicious but more than we could eat and to our cappucino, the wife has baked a special, very tasty cake and it came with a drink all free of charge. The total price was not more than we normal used to pay for a meal. If you want a peacefull place with good food, try The Spring! By the way, they make the best cappucino in town.
Weybridge, United Kingdom
“Great food, friendly atmosphere,welcoming and attentive staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

My wife and I ate at The Spring on the first night of our holiday after chatting to Andreas as we strolled along the road. We were not disappointed, we tried the gyros from the fixed menu, very reasonably priced at 20 euro's accompanied by the none to shabby house red wine! The food was outstanding and the company excellent, we got talking to another couple who have been coming to the island twice a year since 2006 and wouldn't think of dining elsewhere. We have since been back for dinner again (Lamb Kleftiko and Red Snapper which were both superb) we left there very late after sharing several glasses of the very palatable local wine with Andreas, Monica and their family.

We have also enjoyed a couple of long lunches. The pizza was one of the best I have ever tasted and the Greek Salad fresh and plentiful. With a few more days of our holiday left I'm certain we'll be back there again. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2014

• Czech first
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

If as much effort was put into the quality of the food as there was in coaxing people to eat there then I'm sure it would be in the top 10.

• Visited June 2014
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“Friendly Taverna”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Having visited Kamari for a number of years, I only gave the Spring a try last year and I am glad that I did. I had my wheelchair bound sister who has special dietary requirements with me and Andreas went out of his way to make us welcome and even got his wife to prepare some delicious soup that my sister adored. The service was great , the prices reasonable and the food superb.
I returned in May this year with my nephew and he enjoyed the visit ..Andreas again made us welcome and asked after my sister. The restaurant has maintained its high standards of food, friendliness and service.

Wilsthire
“Hassled into the place; then over charged.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

A number of tavernas along the main strip in Kamari try to hassle you into eating at their place, but this one has to be the worst! On our first evening, he stopped us, and wanted us to eat there. We said we wanted to walk the length of the strip and view all the restaurants first. He wore us down every time we passed, so on the third day, we went to his area on the beach for the afternoon, and said we would eat there that night. There were a few other customers in when we arrived, but he was not overly busy. We waited some time for our drinks / bread, and again for our meals. When they did arrive, they can best be described as average.
It took so long for us to be served, that by the end of it all, our daughter was getting tired, so we asked for the bill. I thought it seemed high, but by then we just wanted to get out of the place.
Back at our apartment, we mulled over the charge: 66 Euros for the following: 2 soft drinks, 1 small Mythos, 1 large bottle of water, a basket of bread, a 'Mixed Greek' plate for 2 at 25 euros, and a Gyros plate at 9 Euros. There was no way this could of come to 66 euros, so we walked back to his place that morning to challenge the charge. He was a very smooth talker, but was adamant he had not made a mistake with the bill. He would not let me run through what we'd ordered and add it up with him, and offered nothing in return.
The arrogant so and so then had the cheek to continue to harass us each further time we went past, wanting us to eat again at his place! Suffice to say we walked straight past each time!!
So, The Spring Restaurant wins 1st place as the most expensive evening meal we had in the whole week of our stay!

2 Thank Holidays06
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very friendly!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We had meal here in a group of family & friends and the service was very good.we had chicken Souvalaki and it was excellent all in all it was a good experience.