“The best hotel in kamari”

Imperial Med Hotel, Resort & Spa
Ranked #33 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
Rimini, Italy
“The best hotel in kamari”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

very nice Boutic Hotel all SUITES Fantastic room .very nice staff ,good service , for diner nice menu with a big plates .. swiming pool area relaxing with massage,and a goo SPA.
The Hotel is 8 km from Fira the town and 3 km from Kamari town.i recoment this hotel .

Room Tip: THE swiming pool area relaxing with massage,and a goo SPA.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank niko m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I and my friend had one of the best holidays ever staying at this hotel. The environment, nature and the weather were wonderful. I want to say the biggest 'Thanks' to all staff who were very friendly, easy-going, with fantastic sense of humor and made our stay so pleasant. The manager Eleni was very helpful and attentive. Quiet beach, relaxing atmosphere, massive pool, delicious food and the best services ever. I would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2013

A friend and I stayed for 7 nights at the end of September, thus the end of the season, and were a bit apprehensive about the hotel standards after reading some reviews. When we arrived, we were blown away; the hotel itself retains a modern and chic style and the poolside is luxury to say the least. The food on the a la carte menu especially is simply to die for and the decor of the restaurant area, reception, poolside and rooms is radiant, sticking to the true Santorini blue and white theme.
Yes, the hotel is close to the airport and the take-off of the planes can be somewhat distracting for a minute or so but it isn't often (at least at that time of the year) and being from a big city we hardly ever even noticed to be honest.
As the title dictates, the staff are wonderful - helpful, funny, professional and cheeky, there is nothing the Manager Eleni cannot sort-out, there is no cocktail the bartender Panos cannot make with passion and there is no recommendation the waiting staff Giorgio and Besi (to name a few) do not know. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience with great people, great atmosphere and returned home dying to go back. Huge love to them all and we highly recommend this hotel to anybody thinking to visit Santorini.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Alba Iulia, Alba, Romania
Reviewed 2 October 2013

1 - Hotel is near the airport so if you want to sleep please go to another hotel.
2 - We asked the staff if the sound is very load when an airplane takes off... they said: " You won't hear a thing" - Bulls***!
3 - Our room number was 902 so ... if you want a "Completely renovated bathrooms or shower" get another room.
4 - The bathroom looked terrible for 5*. I uploaded a pic with the towel. Remember... this is a 5* hotel.
5 - "WiFi Internet" this is a joke :)) you will get a WiFi connection outside the room, near the pool.
6 - My TV did not work... yeah we did not use it because we were on vacation, but: "LCD TV" this is the second joke, it was an old Philips TV, definitely not LCD!
7 - Food was OK but very expensive!
8 - The pool and the garden are very beautiful, this are the only things that I liked there.

And....

9 - This was my first trip to Santorini and I would recommend to anyone how wants to spend a beautiful vacation on this island to avoid this hotel.

All the quoted text are from their official website.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bogdan P
Bucharest, Bucuresti, Romania
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Positives: Small complex located on a beautiful island, looks like a boutique hotel, great food for dinner and lunch, big pool, direct access to the beach, good customer service. It is close to the airport, but flights are infrequent, so they did not bother us. The staff members are nice, helpful, with a great sense of humor, especially Eleni and Marianna. Negatives: You should go for a suite, if you want to have a room like the ones presented on the site and the breakfast is not so variate. However, the it was one of the best vacation we ever had. :)

Room Tip: Go for a suite with balcony (higher floor).
1 Thank Florina L
Deva, Romania
Reviewed 19 September 2013

To justify the title of my review I begin with the fact that I had the room orientated toward airport, 150-200m from the landing and take off track (you can check the hotel's location on Google Maps). I had to get use to sleep between planes (especially take offs) because the hotel is at the end of the track where the airplanes throttle their engines before getting speed for take off. In my room felt like the plane was going to get inside any minute. I coud get maximum 5 hours of sleep per night. During the day there are also helicopters and military aircrafts.
The staff is generally friendly and try to help you. Breakfast was average, the dinner much better.
This hotel is 3 stars max. I would never go back there, in fact I don't plan to ever go back to Santorini.

2 Thank Florin M
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I noticed there is not many reviews about this hotel so I decided to write one after my experience. Firstly we arrived and there was "bad damage" to our room whatever that meant, no other rooms available so after much arguing was resigned to the fact we had to stay at a different hotel for one night the Mediterranean beach. which was awful. room smelled like drains! The hotel staff did however offer us a free upgrade to a junior suite and two free dinners and a spa treatment. The room upgrade never come it was still a double. It had been refurbished (some haven't) and was itself a nice room if not a little small. But not what we had been promised. We were sick of arguing and just wanted to enjoy our holiday so after seeing another room (not refurbished) little bigger i.e another bed - but not a suite we decided as it was clean and done up to accept their offer and move forward, It turns out we weren't the only ones moved . It seems the whole island just accepts bookings whether they have rooms or not and just worries about it when you arrive. Friends of ours got moved 4 times at a different hotel in 2 weeks . Let me first tell you about the planes. YES you notice them don't let anybody tell you that you don't there were flights coming in and out , helicopters and army aircraft. Not 6 like our rep told us more like 12+ you do get used to them I cant say they really annoyed me but they are noisy! the hotel is situated right along side of the runway! our friends joked that we didn't need a taxi from the airport just wire cutters to get through! . As for the beach mentioned by the other review. god knows who wrote that! you are not on the beach you just have a pool. Kamari is lovely lots of bars , restaurants and shops its 5 minutes away in a taxi or you can use the courtesy bus which is free to Olympic customers or 2 euros each otherwise. The buses are early in the morning , then at 1pm and 6pm we always got a taxi back. You can not walk it! its too far and the roads are mainly unlit . The hotel is luxury by santorini standards but I would say it is more like a 3+ the pool area is nice with padded sun loungers and everywhere is kept clean, staff are friendly and helpful . Breakfast is the usual without beans! and they also have pancakes which is nice. The pool / snack bar is average but the a la carte menu is good. We ate out most nights in kamari which was reasonably priced and good food. We enjoyed our stay at the imperial med but if I went again I would stay somewhere closer to kamari, if you are not bothered about being out of it then you will enjoy it. But don't expect luxury all in all I did enjoy it and would not say never again to santorini / kamari but I think this hotel was a little too far out of it for us .

Room Tip: get a room that's been refurbished !
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamari
Mediterranean Beach Resort
Maistros Village
Maistros Village
#10 of 15 in Karteradhos
Thalassa Sea Side Resort & Suites

Been to Imperial Med Hotel, Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!