“Wedding in Santorini.....”

Antinea Suites Hotel & Spa
Ranked #29 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Just got back from an amazing emotional 2 weeks in Santorini..we planned our wedding last year with Planet holidays ..Mathilde in the U.k has been amazing and so too has Liz in Kamari..Nothing was too much trouble our wedding was stress free..A thank you to Patricia who met us at the airport and got our duty free goods back after i left them in the taxi..and to Liz for finding my engagement ring..It was emotional because I didnt think my daughter and son and family could make it..My son suprised me the day after we landed he surprised me with his wife Tasha and my granddaughter Izzy then 2 days before the wedding my daughter Nicola arrived with my other granddaughter Lydia..complete with bridesmaid dresses..We didnt have posies for the bridesmaids so I rang Liz the day before the wedding (sunday! ) and on the day of the wedding the posies arrived exactly matching my flowers from the U.K and matching corsage and buttonholes,,Everything was stress free and organised by Planet holidays we just sat back and relaxed..A special thank you to Kiki on the desk and the lady with blonde hair ( i think the owner) sorry didnt know your name ..They were fantastic..so too our housekeeper Kristina who kept our room immaculate . and the pool bar man and his amazing non alcoholic cocktails...We had champagne on the day compliments of the hotel and wine ..So thank you for making our wedding so very memorable we will definitely back ..your hospitality went beyond just customer service ...thanks from Mr and Mrs Lancashire room 103 Amazing views from this room ..

Room Tip: rooms at the front of the hotel facing the sea
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nuycookyliddle13
There are newer reviews for Antinea Suites Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a few days to attend my mums wedding. The complex is stunning but slightly out of the way with a very steep walk back to the hotel at night from the bars and restaurants. The staff are polite and friendly but what lets this hotel down is the surface decor in rooms. There are cracks and shabby workmanship in rooms and I asked 3 times to get my balcony door fixed as I was travelling alone with my daughter and felt unsafe. I only stayed 3 nights and left and the door was still broken. However please go and try it the rooms have stunning views most with private terraces and pools maybe it's just end of season and the rooms will have a mini refurbishment. Breakfast was ok and poolside menu fine and value reasonable. Pool areas are fab with comfy double bed loungers around the main pool and there are some gorgeous cats pottering around with kittens that my daughter loved!

1  Thank nicola23ros
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel is really brilliant. Ideally situated on the outskirts of Kamari, so it's not too noisy. It's a very short walk down to the beach and town. Be warned, the hill can feel steep, when you walk back up in the heat though. The elevated location means there are lovely views over the town and the sea. Stunning sunrise over the island. Worth getting up early for!
The facilities are excellent. Our room had an indoor jacuzzi and two balconies. It was spotlessly clean as well.
The pool is lovely. I seemed to be the only one swimming in it most of the time. Other guests seemed to prefer to simply lie in the sun. The poolside bar serves excellent cocktails and snacks.
Breakfast is a buffet affair. Lots of choice though. From cooked breakfast to fruit and cereals. Cold meats and cheeses also.
The main reason to stay, in my opinion is the fantastic staff. The two ladies on reception were just lovely. So helpful and were very pleased to teach me some basic Greek phrases. The two breakfast waiters were lots of fun and we enjoyed the morning banter. Our cleaner was also lovely and her towel folding skills were amazing! Swans on the bed!
Staying on this side of Santorini is considerably cheaper than the other. You don't get the amazing caldera views, but it's a short easy bus ride to Fira or Oia and you don't get so many crowds. There are plenty of nice restaurants in Kamari. The staff at Antinea were very helpful in arranging trips which made things so much easier.

3  Thank Buncesfg
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

Tldr: Good Hotel
The Rooms are awesome, every room has either an indoor jacuzzi, an outdoor jacuzzi or a pool. The food isn't the best, scrambled eggs for breakfast are awesome, the bacon is only worth feeding to the very nice and cute cats that are roaming around the premises. The staff is really nice, but some lack training or experience, don't be surprised if they don't notice that you're lacking a fork or a coffee cup, just ask for some, they won't bring them on their own, but will gladly fulfill every wish you're telling them. The barman is awesome, he's working the pool-bar during the day, and the hotel bar during the night. Don't be shy to feed the cats, they are very nice, and I really appreciate that the staff doesn't mistreats them and only shooshs them away kindly if they ever bother a customer, which is very rare. There was a mother with two kittens living by the secondary, more private pool, and it was a delight watching them play.

3  Thank Meeschter
Reviewed 6 September 2013

we stayed their for one week (end aug - begin sep) and liked it because it takes maybe 5 minutes by food to the beach. the advantage of this hotel is that it is close to the beach and the small city (shops, pubs, restaurants) but far away enough to be away from noise.
most of the staff speeks english fluently.
there are severall smaller and larger pools spread over the area and the whole hotel seems to be quite small although it has more than 40 rooms.

note that this hotel (as kamari in general) is situated at the backside of the volcanic mountain on santorini. the famous sunset can only be seen on the other site of the island (oiya, imerovigli, thira) - but there are no beaches and you can reach these cities easily by local bus etc.

Room Tip: try to get a room with an own jacuzzi or one of the rooms in the first row. the rooms (guess 603-608...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel and we were, for the most part, extremely happy with our holiday. We booked bed and breakfast which was perfect for us as we like to try out different restaurants. On the first evening we went to a restaurant called Hook, which is on the seafront. I would not recommend their seafood platter for two, it was cold, reheated and dry, it was so awful I had to complain. Other than that all the food that we ate in Santorini was absolutely delicious.
The hotel was up a slight hill, and not a hike as described but some people on this site. It was located a five minutes walk from the seafront, which meant it was quiet and peaceful.
We hired a quad bike, an experience I do not wish to repeat (it wasn't for me), but other people loved it. We went on few excursions, which can be booked at the reception. I recommend the tour of the Greek villages, slightly off the beaten track but great.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

You can get anything from a poor (no water in the toilet and horrible smell from the plummings) to an excelent room for the same price. The best thing is a bar and Mitke, great coctail chef working there around the clock) and beautiful clean pool. Other staff is kind and helpfull, but not trained and lacking authority to dealling with problems. Food is average to poor, lacking Greak dishes, imagination, often undercooked or overdone. We recommend taking b&b (breakfast is for 1* hotel though) and eating in one of many delicious nearby restaurants in Kamari.
Way to the hotel is steap and sunny and is not recommended for those with heart condition or those who just dislike hiking up the hill.

• Stayed: August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamari
Epavlis Hotel
Santorini Reflexions Volcano
Rose Bay Hotel
Rose Bay Hotel
#21 of 75 in Kamari

Been to Antinea Suites Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!