“Lovely Hotel”

Antinea Suites Hotel & Spa
Ranked #32 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed at the Antinea for 1 week, 19/10/13 to 26/10/13
The hotel its self was lovely, the rooms could do with sprucing up, but it was very clean in all areas.
It was my "big" birthday and my husband requested something "special", for our arrival
We were taken to our room, and they had laid on champagne, fruit, and our room had petals scattered in a heart shape on the bed and Jacuzzi
It was lovely...
BUT my husband wanted a larger room, so he asked for an upgrade, he was offered the "IMPERIAL SUITE" for NOTHING!
That was a beautiful room, large Jacuzzi, draped 4 poster bed, our very own private terrace, The views were stunning. We couldn't ask for more.
The staff were great, VERY pleasant and helpful. The 2 waiters Yannis and Mitkos were so nice and pleasant and would do anything to please, they worked really long days and always had a smile
The ONLY downside of this holiday was the food, as this was the last week of the season, the food was not up to much. The breakfast, albeit it plentiful, it was never hot/warm, the evening meals, not much choice (basic a la carte menu) and not fantastic. BUT it was edible, we didn't go hungry.
But overall I can't fault the hotel in its self. It IS worth staying and would probably stay there again
The hotel is situated beneath a volcanic rock, and there is a steep gradient from the town to get to it, so if your walking, be aware, it dosn't look tiring, but in that heat it kills your calves!
We hired a quad bike for a 4 days, and believe me you can see ALL the island in those few days.
We visited Ancient Thira (the road leading is right outside the hotel) cost 2 euros to enter (unless your a seasoned walker I wouldn't attempt to walk it)
The capital Fira is lovely, but the BEST place is Oia.... out of this world, its so beautiful
The whole experience of Santorini and Antinea Hotel was very memorable, and I definitely couldn't of wished for a nicer more pleasant "birthday holiday"

2  Thank Lisa W

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I was booked to this hotel from very terrible local tour operator in Athene called Key Tour, who charged me and my wife 500 Euro and put us in this very basic hotel, staff was not professional,
location is very far from central Santorini, and shower is terrible,

5  Thank landoperator2012
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Set beneath a huge volcanic rock in the south east of Santorini, this complex offered everything. The staff could not have been more friendly and nothing was too much trouble. We were upgraded to a small suite and jacuzzi which was lovely but perhaps a little close to the outside restaurant and not particularly private. The breakfast was the best in Greece we have ever had offering everything from fresh fruit, pastries, ham and cheese to a full cooked breakfast. The sun beds by the pool were like double beds with a fresh towel service daily. Everywhere was lovely and clean. However for us there was a big 'but.' We are mid afternoon to sunset sunbathers and due to the volcanic outcrop the sun from the hotel in September has gone by 1630 and in the resort by 1730. The spectacular sunset views round the rest of the island are 1930. We therefore hired a quad bike for our holiday which was completely safe and headed further north. The best beach in our opinion was Perissa which strangely was the other side of the rock from Kamari but was a fair detour by road to get to, although there was a walking track to it from the old ruins of Thira (over the top of the rock) but this would be a demanding trek especially in hot weather! We think if you need a lot to do on your holiday, that this island would be preferable for a week rather than a fortnights stay. The restaurants we visited were delicious and shopping in Kamari plentiful. Prices are roughly the same as this country. If you have read reviews about the planes, Kamari is on the flight path but we did not think the planes were obtrusive in any way.

Room Tip: Choose rooms away from the restaurant. Most suites have there own little area with pool/jacuzzi whic...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lisa63_11
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Antinea from Sep 24th until October 3rd and can highly recommend the hotel. From the moment we arrived until we left, the attention to detail, friendly reception, housekeeping, waiting staff and of course Lord of the Drinks; Mitkos the bar man and mixologist extraordinaire! The hotel is fantastically situated with stunning views of Kamari and at the foot of Ancient Thira. Kamari is the best resort to stay at for beach, restaurants and bars, we visited all the other resorts but none a patch on Kamari. If you are thinking of Santorini, book the Antinea in Kamari, you won't be disappointed! We most definitely will be returning ❤️

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Aoifeefioa
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

I've been a bit picky with the 4 stars but overall this place is wonderful. The room (junior suite with indoor jacuzzi) was breathtaking. A small issue was that the windows don't lock and whilst we were high enough for it not to be a security issue, it was a little annoying at night when the wind blew them open, that's a small negative though. The staff (especially the waiters at breakfast) were fantastic, constant smilies and they actually chat to you like they're interested in how you're doing (unlike some places I've stayed) again, a small thing, they all spoke in English all the time, it's probably just me being pretentious but when I'm in a foreign country I like to be reminded of that fact, it's also nice to be able to practice the language basics, but as before, this was a tiny negative on what is overall a wonderful place to stay.

Out of the areas of Santorini, Kamari is not the best; as to get anywhere you need to get a bus to Fira (even when travelling in the opposite direction) this is a small inconvenience seeing as it's only a €1.60 for a single and it's about 25 minutes away, but I think if I were to come back I'd look at Oia or Fira as they're much prettier places.

But if you're set on Kamari then look no further than this place as it really is beautiful.

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank sampsonlaw
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Just got back from an amazing emotional 2 weeks in Santorini..we planned our wedding last year with Planet holidays ..Mathilde in the U.k has been amazing and so too has Liz in Kamari..Nothing was too much trouble our wedding was stress free..A thank you to Patricia who met us at the airport and got our duty free goods back after i left them in the taxi..and to Liz for finding my engagement ring..It was emotional because I didnt think my daughter and son and family could make it..My son suprised me the day after we landed he surprised me with his wife Tasha and my granddaughter Izzy then 2 days before the wedding my daughter Nicola arrived with my other granddaughter Lydia..complete with bridesmaid dresses..We didnt have posies for the bridesmaids so I rang Liz the day before the wedding (sunday! ) and on the day of the wedding the posies arrived exactly matching my flowers from the U.K and matching corsage and buttonholes,,Everything was stress free and organised by Planet holidays we just sat back and relaxed..A special thank you to Kiki on the desk and the lady with blonde hair ( i think the owner) sorry didnt know your name ..They were fantastic..so too our housekeeper Kristina who kept our room immaculate . and the pool bar man and his amazing non alcoholic cocktails...We had champagne on the day compliments of the hotel and wine ..So thank you for making our wedding so very memorable we will definitely back ..your hospitality went beyond just customer service ...thanks from Mr and Mrs Lancashire room 103 Amazing views from this room ..

Room Tip: rooms at the front of the hotel facing the sea
2  Thank nuycookyliddle13
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a few days to attend my mums wedding. The complex is stunning but slightly out of the way with a very steep walk back to the hotel at night from the bars and restaurants. The staff are polite and friendly but what lets this hotel down is the surface decor in rooms. There are cracks and shabby workmanship in rooms and I asked 3 times to get my balcony door fixed as I was travelling alone with my daughter and felt unsafe. I only stayed 3 nights and left and the door was still broken. However please go and try it the rooms have stunning views most with private terraces and pools maybe it's just end of season and the rooms will have a mini refurbishment. Breakfast was ok and poolside menu fine and value reasonable. Pool areas are fab with comfy double bed loungers around the main pool and there are some gorgeous cats pottering around with kittens that my daughter loved!

• Stayed: September 2013