“just returned from a 7 night stay at Kastelli!”

Santorini Kastelli Resort
Ranked #10 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
Reviewed 22 June 2013

This hotel is very close to the famous beach of Kamari and the main square of the village with very helpful and pleasant staff. The receptionist was very nice and welcoming and gave us lots of ideas about which places to visit. The breakfast was very good and the rooms were clean and comfortable. Only 2 minutes walk to the beach and there are lots of cafe bars and restaurants nearby.
We will definitely revisit, and recommend, Santorini and Kastelli Resort again!

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Very nice hotel. I booked an Executive Superior Room for 4 days which included a semi-private pool. The semi-private pool was shared among 4 rooms, quite small (5mx5m) and shallow (1m deep). The facilities and the breakfast were 5 star quality. The customer service however was deplorable. As my wife and I wanted a bathtub for our room we sent them an email asking if we could have a bathtub several times up to a few days prior to our arrival and they never replied. We also sent an email to confirm our booking which they did not reply to until we contacted Expedia who then contacted them. When we arrived we were made to wait for a few hours before we got to check-in which was fair enough as we arrived early. However one of the staff then called us to her office and told us that the hotel had a "gift" for us and the gift was to send us to another hotel on the other side of the Santorini island which cost 3 times more and they are doing this because we are a young couple and they were going to offer the "gift" to one of the couples in the hotel that day. Naive as we were, we accepted it but only realised later when the hotel manager who came to take us to the other hotel apologised for the inconvenience caused. We were told to stay at that hotel for 2 days but when we arrived we found out that it was a 4 star hotel, had one tiny main swimming pool in the middle, no breakfast buffet, had a really tiny shower and was far from what we were shown in the pictures. We called the hotel and told them we only wanted to stay there for a night. When we were just about When we got back the same lady told us that our room had been upgraded. Hopeful, we were brought to our room only to realise that it was the room we were meant to be in on the first day anyway and it was the type of room that we paid for. .ie. it was not an upgrade.The staff at the restaurant were extremely polite and nice especially the guy in glasses and the only lady waitress there and definitely deserve a raise! In conclusion, good hotel but never trust them if they say they have a "gift" for you! After reading other reviews I am convinced that it was not a genuine gift and this has been done to several other couples so I stick to my review(with some modifications) after being asked by the hotel to remove it. I very much hope that the hotel will stop contacting me via my personal email which I did not provide for contacting about reviews I write as it is making me feel very uncomfortable.

3  Thank Londonersview
Reviewed 19 June 2013

excelent hotel, really clean with superb staff who are friendly and unobtrusive.Breakfast served from 08:00hr to 12:00hrs means no rushing to get up in time for breakfast after a late night out...genius!
Maid service is very good if slow at times. Pools etc are clean and well maintained and set in lovely surioundings.Go through the back gate and you are 150m from the sea front bars etc.
Manager is attentive & polite, he genuinely will do anything he can to ensure your stay is enjoyable.Bar prices are approx 3 times what they are in the town most guests bring their own in to rooms or by the pools. manager seems to overbook rooms from time to time & then offers some guests an "upgrade" to another hotel as a "special favour" this may suit some people but if you pick this hotel to start with and then like it on arrival why move??
All things considered Kastelli is an excellent choice and i hope to go back.

Room Tip: if you dont like the room you get on arrival ask for another one straight away.
1  Thank tontrace
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We arrived at Kastelli Resort last week. The first 5 minutes were like mentioned in most reviews for this hotel. A welcome from the manager and a fresh juice, while awaiting the check-in. The hotel looked fine, so we were excited to start our holiday.

However, the taste changed to bittersweet instantly when we were told that the hotel was overbooked. Kastelli admitted that it was there fault. Confirmation of the booking was send to us/our travel agency. There was no option to stay at the hotel for the whole 8 days. Since there were still rooms to be booked by Booking, I still believe they've had the chance to sell rooms for a higher price than ours and we were the lucky ones to get rid off.

We've discussed the whole situation withe the miss who was in charge of reservations. The manager, described in the reviews as o so friendly/helpfull, never showed up again.

Finally we were transfered to an alternative hotel in Imerovigli. We refused it, since it was not comparable to what we've booked. The second alternative was Splendour resort in Firostefani, were we had a very pleasent stay. Although we were informed that the second option was the last one we were offered. Kind of 'take it or leave it'.

Reviews from the past give the impression that overbooking is not an incident at Kastelli, so be aware.

Since Santorini is an amazing place to stay, we certainly consider getting back. Although Kastelli will never be an option again.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank L K
Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

Our special place.....we have never wanted to return to a holiday destination before... But we did with this hotel and its still superb!! A great team looking after us in all areas....already planning next stay

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My husband & I stayed at the Kastelli at the end of May/June. What can I add to all the other excellent reviews - everything that is said about it is true. From when we first arrived until we left a week later it was excellent. Antonis & his staff go out of their way to make your stay perfect & if you have any problems it is sorted quickly. We have travelled a lot & stayed in other 4 & 5 * hotels but I think this has to rate as the best. The hotel is spotless, the bedrooms are traditionally Greek but beautifully presented. You never see any litter about, tables are cleared quickly, towels on sunbeds are rolled and replaced frequently. The breakfast in the restaurant was always good with an excellent choice, breads, cereals, jams, warm snacks, ham, cheese as well as eggs & bacon, every fruit juice, tea coffee & champagne. Staff were well presented & all spoke some English & very efficient at relaying tables. It is very convenient for the sea front, bars & restaurants & local buses.
This has to go down as one of our most memorable holidays, the only problem was it went far too quickly.
Would we return again, without a doubt.
Thank you Antonis, you have to be the best hotel manager we have ever met.

Room Tip: If you are not happy with your room when you first arrive just tell the manager & he will try hi...
Reviewed 11 June 2013

The first impressions of the Kastelli resort were just as mentioned in many TA reviews. The manager, Mr Adonis, took us on a tour of the hotel and we were delighted to find that our room (114) faced into a small courtyard of 8 apartments, with a small plunge pool and jacuzzi. The apartment was well equipped, was large, aesthetically pleasing, though we found the mattress was a little too firm, even with a 'topping' (my back ached and my wife's hips complained at their firmness). My wife and I were there with her cousin and her husband and after a fairly long day with early morning flights, we decided to have a meal in the hotel restaurant. One dish was a (dry) chicken breast with (dry) rice, leaving a very dry and almost indigestible meal - a sauce of some kind would have helped. I had a tagliatelle and though the addition of balsamic vinegar caused a wonderful explosion of flavour, the fact that the dish was only warm and had been served on a cold plate meant that halfway through, it seemed greasy and unappetising (pasta dishes should always be served piping hot and on a hot plate as it cools fairly quickly). I can only hope the chef accepted constructive criticism. The hotel staff could not have been more friendly yet professional. I believe that one should always try to learn at least one or two phrases of the country's language and we had a few quite funny moments when my attempts caused some hilarity. To pick any one person out would be difficult but Alexandra and Baze in the restaurant patiently taught me a number of phrases and even more patiently corrected me when I said them incorrectly, yet managing to carry out their hotel duties. Mr Adonis is to be congratulated on his friendly style of management and is a credit to the owners of the Kastelli resort. Mention has been made of the canned fruit served at breakfast. I thought that this may be due to the location of the island. However, bars in Kamari served fresh fruit (peaches, Kiwi Fruit, bananas, strawberries, apples) so why can't the Kastelli at breakfast? The fried eggs can only be described as average, being rubbery and unappettising, even when freshly cooked and served, and wonder if this is because of a commercial method of preparing food as opposed to a personal service found in other hotels of this calibre. Would we return? Probably, but I would suggest they do something about the mattresses, and the breakfasts, and their menus.

1  Thank david_powell541
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamari
Cavo Bianco
Cavo Bianco
#5 of 75 in Kamari
Anassa Deluxe Suites
Anassa Deluxe Suites
#2 of 75 in Kamari
Andronis Luxury Suites
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Tamarix del Mar
Tamarix del Mar
#7 of 75 in Kamari
Astro Palace Hotel and Suites

Been to Santorini Kastelli Resort? Share your experiences!