“Hotel full of mosquitoes!”

Afroditi Venus Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #20 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
Prague, Czech Republic
“Hotel full of mosquitoes!”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We have been in this hotel two nights only. Rooms were average but clean. Dining room in this hotel is little ugly, impersonal, looks like a train station restaurant. The room was an awful lot of mosquitoes at night! I killed about thirty of them, full of mosquitoes hunt ! WOW, We did not sleep all night. Terrible! We recommend you take insect repellent.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bayo007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Just got back from an incredible trip to Afroditi Venus and as I am writing this, wish I was still there! I started contacting the hotel a year ago to make the booking directly with them rather than use a travel agent, as the hotel was able to give us a discount for the group booking for me and my husband (to be at the time) and wedding guests. Right from then, Antonio (a truly amazing and helpful woman) has always got back to me straight away with any questions I have had and was so helpful with all the bookings. On arrival, we were given an upgrade to a room with separate living area and in the room there was a plate of fruit and wine for us. This hotel is located on the beach, therefore giving you the option of staying round the pool with its pool bar and facilities or going on the beach which had a free section for hotel guests in front of the hotel with a waitress on the beach. This hotel was spotless, so clean. The maids cleaned the rooms every day. I literally fell in love with this place, and the fantastic staff that worked there that work so hard in ensuring you have an amazing holiday. Beach towels were provided. Location is amazing right on the main beach strip of Kamari with all its restaurants and bars. Rooms are spacious. Pool area extremely good. The receptionists are always on hand to book you transfers and taxis and to help with any queries. The 2 porters are never still always helping guests all around the hotel with carrying their luggage and showing them to their rooms. Dimitris and all the bar and restaurant staff are great. All very friendly and hard working. We really became good friends with them there, and felt like we were leaving friends behind when we left the island. 100% will be returning to this hotel again next year. Again a special mention to Antonio who literally did everything for me to which I will forever be grateful.

Room Tip: If you want to make your trip a bit more special, book a jacuzzi room; a lot more airy and spacious...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MrsKWestwood2013
Merseyside
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a 7 day break.
The staff were very friendly and polite. Cleanliness was of the highest order. Bedrooms were sufficient,couldn't complain. Location was fine, plenty bars and restaurants within a very short walk. Pool bar very enjoyable. now the downside...
The food was simply not good. It was very basic and bland. there wasn't a good selection at either breakfast or dinner. In fact, we paid for half board and ate out 6 nights out of 7.
The dining room was more like a workmans canteen, but it was very clean. My wife slipped on the wet stairs leading to the pool, something to be aware of. This hotel is definitely not a four star, so be careful. although we had a pleasant time there, we wouldn't go back to this hotel

• Stayed June 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Just got back from an amazing holiday in Afroditi Venus hotel celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. We had a lovely room overlooking the pool, everything was clean and newly renovated but we didn’t spend much time in it since there’s so much to see and do in Santorini. The hotel is located on the beach at the center of Kamari so everything is nearby. The staff is friendly and helpful and the girls at the front desk gave us great tips for sightseeing. We also enjoyed our meals at Mesogaia restaurant, great food and service. We can’t wait to go back! We would like to thank you all for making our experience in Santorini one to remember. Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I get a little fed up of "travellers" writing poor reviews because they didn't like this or that. Like all hotel experiences, I could fault this one, but we were always so well looked after that they deserve full marks across the board - particularly for cleanliness and staff friendliness. There we 3 of us, all early 40's, in Santorini for our friends wedding. We left our wives etc at home and were determined to enjoy ourselves - and we did! The hotel never let us down. Excellent bar staff, cleaners, waiters and the best receptionist I've ever come across. Sure, the breakfast was uninspiring, but so what? Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Venatus
Brugge, Belgium
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Just returned from a 2 week stay in Afroditi Venus hotel in Kamari, Santorini. The hotel presents itself as a 4 star hotel. I should give it not more than 3 stars. If you are going with this in your mind, you will be very happy there. The hotel is just clean, clean and clean!! And all the people working there are so friendly and helpful. So, that is already a lot. The location of the hotel is top. So close to the beach, the resto's, the beachpromenade, supermarkets and the busstop. The room is simple, but you have all you need, nice towels, towels for the swimmingpool, hairdryer, TV, free safe, hot shower, good toilettries, little fridge, slippers (after asking), a noisy airco, balcony with seats and table...Our room was above the reception of the hotel. It was a big room for 4 persons, but we were only with 2. So,place enough. Downstairs there was a 2 bedroom with bathroom, TV and balcony and upstairs, again a 2 bedroom with bathroom and TV. Good for a family of 4. The location of our room was excellent. We had a view at the mountains, and we had no sun on our balcony in the day, so it was refreshing to sit there, when it was outside 25°C and more, and only in the evening we had the sun and then it was already bearable and fine. The private beach of the hotel is a great plus too. Good loungers and lovely parasols and a lovely view and the refreshing sea breeze.... The area around the swimmingpool is not so big. It was just the start of the season, so now this was not a problem, but in high season, I don't know how they manage it there. So, up to now, I can just recommend the hotel. Why do I give it 3 stars instead of 4 stars? Well, just about the food. I can understand, because it was the start of the season and the hotel had little guests, that a big buffet is not possible. So the first days, we get our dinner at the table.But, please, make that the food is warm...and people don't have to eat cold pasta and cold potatos. And don't wait 3 or 4 days before giving the first fresh fruits and the first yoghourt in the morning (after asking for...)The second week, things were getting better and better. Breakfast was really OK , but for dinner, we found that the choices were repetitive and cheap. But luckily the food was getting warmer and warmer, and the taste was mostly fine. The greek salad was always lovely. It is great to have the possibility to sit outside at the swimmingpool for breakfast and dinner. The hotel has a beautiful spa too. With the local busses you can see a lot of the island. For a boattrip, make a reservation at Kamari Tours, just next to the hotel. You can also make good walks in the hinterland, bring good shoes with you! Santorini is a wonderful part of Greece!

Room Tip: Room at the streetside with mountain view, above the reception area, because of the shadow during t...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank liesenluc
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We booked the hotel through thomson for our wedding holiday. We upgraded to a jacuzzi room and after several emails about not having the room for the full 2 weeks, we got a mail saying it was "99% certain". Now in my world, thats as good as sorted. We walked into reception to be told we had to move rooms!! We got married on the 3rd October, and were moved out on the 5th, to the room we were shown we had initially booked. The room had half a shower door, and the lock was damaged so we struggled to get in and out. We reported the problems the same day. Response to the shower door being damaged? we will give you more towels to mop up with..... Really? The extra towels never came. Response to the door not opening and closing easily? we will sort it. (This was the friday). On the MONDAY, after nearly bending the key trying to open the door, I went and said again it was broken, and they changed the lock. On the tuesday when checking out, I queried a price of our upgrade. The price was what we had to pay, but I told the manager I wasnt happy about the shower and lock etc, and having to move rooms after their so called 99% certainty to keep it - We could have changed hotel before we went!!! The Manager basically shouted at me and said I was interupting HER! - and heres me thinking I was the customer! Not one apology for the state of the room, and even told me I had only reported the door on the monday - basically making me out to be a liar! I was disgusted at the way I was spoken to. It was end of season, with hardly anyone there. Our other friends and family (32 of them) stayed in other hotels (Bellonias Villas, 28 Boutique, Atalos etc) and were treated better than we were by superb friendly staff (even getting recipes printed for them, free rooms until late flight out etc) - our hotel has us out of our room by 12, and wanted 40 euros for a late check out. the response when I mentioned this? "we are international hotel" etc - but an empty one at that, we had to pack, leave our room, then go into a different room to shower later (so they cleaned our room AND the room we used later - go figure...). The australian girl behind the bar was very friendly and helpful, but the manager was all smiles until we came to leave and mention the problems - and we got a gob full off her! Our friends got married 2 years ago and stayed at the tamarix - they gave them champagne for wedding day, gave them a room in their sister hotel for free for a night and bent over backwards to make their trip memorable. At the Afroditi Venus we didnt feel any different to any other customers. Oh, and dont dare have any fun in any of the pools - cos the other guests shush you - at 3 in the afternoon - so dont take the kids! I dont remember seeing anything about it being a quiet hotel. but other guests seem to thinkyou cant enjoy your holiday. I would stay somewhere else that makes you feel part of the hotel p our friends raved about the bellonias Villas, 28 Boutique, Atalos etc. Shame as we thought the rooms were nice, but having to move and then to a damaged room, when you pay all that money, just isnt good enough!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank IanWebster76
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamari
Aegean Plaza Hotel
#42 of 80 in Fira
Atlantida Holiday Club
Atlantida Holiday Club
#12 of 14 in Akrotiri

Been to Afroditi Venus Beach Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!