“Missing the hotel and the staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bellonias Villas

Bellonias Villas
Ranked #2 of 77 Hotels in Kamari
Ireland
“Missing the hotel and the staff!”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

What an amazing hotel. I stayed with my fiancee for 9 days before our wedding in Oia. Staying in this hotel was one of the best choices we ever made. Everything about it was perfect. The hotel reminded me of a chic and cool hotel in Miami. The rooms were fantastic, the pool and private beach perfect and the bar and restaurant flawless. I have stayed in many hotels for pleasure (i need to start writing more reviews!) and I can honestly say this was the best of them. Now... the staff.. what a wonderful bunch of people. Everyone of them were so genuinely friendly and you you could tell they really loved their jobs. We had a great laugh with them over the course of the 9 days. So, thank you Yannis for running such a great hotel with great facilities and a huge thanks to the staff (Yannis, Sara, Raphel, Milo, Vaso, tomas and george and the rest who's names i cannot remember) for completing an amazing experience! If you need more details on the hotel Jessica Renwick (my now wife!) has recently reviewed the hotel as well.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank smccor_2007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
dublin
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Chic, stylish, chilled out hotel, with amazing staff, a fantastic pool and super food and cocktails. It is by far the best on the beach. This is what all Greek beach hotels should be. In fact, what all hotels should be. It felt like my home away from home. And above all it hits the right balance; they all seem to know when you want to something and when you don’t so they give you just enough space to do whatever you want. We spent 9 wonderful nights here and didn’t want to leave. We loved it so much and were so impressed that we were incredibly disappointed by our 5+ star hotel in Oia, it just didn’t measure up to Bellonia’s Villas at all. We are already planning our trip back next year. Bellonia Villa’s manages to create an unique relaxing, chilled out experience in comfort and style (sometimes at the envy of passers-by from other places nearby) rather than just accommodation.
I have detailed our overall experience for you but it’s a well deserved long review so I hope you’re comfortable.
Location: Fantastic location on Kamari beach, at a somewhat quieter spot than other areas, not near any of the bars so no bar noise floating into the peaceful, chilled out zone of Bellonia Villas.
The Hotel: A wonderful little cream maze of low rise Greek styled rooms and apartments with bougainvillea dotted here and there bursting their beautiful pink flowers amid the cool creaminess of the building. It has its own private beach with loungers. The décor of the whole place is so chic yet so relaxed. There are 2 main seating areas for eating, drinking or just chilling out. One is up by the pool beside the bar and one across the pedestrianised street which is also their restaurant Elia (see separate review about this fab place) and is right next to the beach, getting the magical warm breeze. All decorated in a fresh yet stylish, chilled out, chic vibe with lovely touches like beautiful Balinese inspired couches covered with loads of cushions for chilling out or having dinner, very comfy directors style chairs, right down to little olive trees on each table. It has the best pool in all of Kamari that I have seen with fabulous double loungers, a whole shaded side of double loungers for those in need of it and a Jacuzzi, and there was always enough room for everyone. Beside the pool is the main bar where you can get amazing fresh juices, any alcoholic beverage you can think of, coffee tea etc and also choose from their snack and lunch menu during the day. There is also a very slightly more formal seating area for those not wishing to eat by the pool, bikinis and bare feet during the day, in fact whatever you want. Rafel and Milo make the most amazing cocktails and are so genuinely friendly that you could waste many hours and a few hangovers sampling they’re expert cocktails.
Accommodation: We had a 1 bed apartment which was perfect. The bedroom had generous king double bed with air conditioning, dressing table, flat screen TV, and wardrobe etc. The bed was very comfortable and a/c a blessing! The kitchenette was well equipped with double hob, sink, fridge, all the necessary pots, cutlery, glassware etc but we never really used it as breakfast was included in our rate and Elia restaurant was super so we ate there as much as possible. The bathroom was really well finished with very trendy polished concrete from floor to ceiling with a rainfall shower and great toiletries. The apartment was cleaned once a day and they even cleaned the kitchenette, cups and plates and everything.
Food & Drink: Breakfasts were continental, homemade breakfasts and one of the better ones I had in all of Santorini. A selection of traditional home made pastries, breads and jams and eggs, cold meats, fruit, juices, cereal tea and coffee. The bar is very well stocked and has a very impressive menu for both alcoholic and non alcoholic cocktails and drinks (my sister who visited us there a few times tried the many non alcoholic cocktails and absolutely loved them) They have a delicious snack and lunch menu during the day and the restaurant Elia dinner menu in the evening. I cannot say enough that Elia was THE BEST restaurant in Kamari and we tried many over our 9 night stay. It Greek food with an international twist and has so many delicious dishes it is hard to choose. My absolute hands down favourite was the Greek appetizer of Tomato Fritters/Ball. It is a big portion and absolutely delicious and they’re the best fritters on the whole island. I tried many! You cannot go wrong with any dish, they are all great. The wine selection was great too, as I find some Santorini wines t not to my taste (I’m a French wine snob, sorry!) but all of their wines, including their house wine which is served by the glass were delicious and obviously selected by someone who knows their international wines and has a good palate.
The Staff: What really makes Bellonia’s Villa’s better than anywhere else, other than its laid-back, mellow, chic-ness, amazing food and drink is the staff. They are simply amazing. Wonderfully helpful and genuinely friendly, they cannot do enough to make sure you are happy without being over powering or too much in your face (like some other places. They’re not over asking you every 2 seconds if you are okay but should you need anything they seem to be always there and able to help. Yannis the owner is there every day or evening and makes a point of welcoming every guest, on our first night we told him we are getting married on the island but would be moving to Oia for that and he immediately said if there is absolutely anything we need help with he would be only too happy to assist. Then the day before my wedding he sent us flowers to our other hotel to wish us great happiness for our marriage. It is definitely the first time I have ever received that kind of attention to detail and such an amazing gesture from a hotel. I still can’t really believe he did that, and if you are reading this THANK YOU SO MUCH Yannis, a proper Thank You card is on its way to you. The front desk staff, Yannis and Sara who were so helpful with anything and everything, making sure taxi’s came all the way to the front of the hotel to pick us up with our 4 cases even though cars are not allowed! The bar guys, Milo the day time bartender and Rafel the night time bar tender were super friendly, totally on the ball. And last but not least the waiting staff, George who we had great fun with and amazingly remembered everyone’s name as we had our family visit us at the hotel and restaurant a few times and he remembered all of their names too, we are not quite sure how he does this. Vas (Not Vaz!) who kept my husband’s drink flowing at his pace, and kept girl power going, she is constantly going and never stops, I envy her energy and of course Tomas who kept us laughing at with stories from seasons past and he observations of us crazy tourists. I am sure I forgot a few names and my apologies if I spelt your names incorrectly. But I really REALLY hope you are all still there next year. I can’t wait to go back. It is to date one of my fondest and wonderful holidays of my life.

Room Tip: The honeymoon suite has a huge sea view terrace with its own jacuzzi.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank wanderlustforever
Våler
Reviewed 22 July 2013

You can not expect more from any hotell than what you get in Bellonias Villas.
The working team is professional and nice. They always stay by Your side and do what ever you want.
The Kitchen is absolute fantastic. Restaurant Elia is the best.
I will recommend Bellonias Villas to anyone. Thanks again. We will be back.

Vigdis og Trond and family

4 Thank Vigoft
London
Reviewed 20 July 2013

My wife and I stayed with our 19 month old daughter for a week in mid July. Our second visit to the wonderful Santorini, our first to Bellonias Villas.

Bellonias Villas stands out on the strip along Kamari Beach as a haven of tranquility, everything is white washed, simple yet extremely classy, serene pool, calm surroundings, several pergolas providing great shade, huge sun loungers, excellent bar and restaurant.

Rooms continue this relaxing theme, whitewashed, impeccably cleaned daily, well equipped, huge beds, peaceful at night.

Staff - simply outstanding. I was shocked at how each member of staff went out of their way to make our stay perfect. Our daughter had a fabulous time communicating with all the friendly staff.

Restaurant - We tended to wander out for dinner early on in the week, but with a young child found it more straightforward staying put on several occasions, so we often ate a light lunch at the hotel, likewise we stayed in for two evenings and enjoyed what were some of our best meals of the week. Breakfast too was delicious.

We'll be back.
Thanks.

3 Thank GWilliams1983
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We have just returned from our second visit to Bellonias, and our trip could not have been better. We were greeted like old friends by every member of the staff who not only remembered us, but treated us like family. Truly, staying at Bellonias is like joining its extended family. Clearly we are not the only ones who think so, as we reunited with many other guests on return visits during our stay.

We would not hesitate to recommend both this hotel and its exquisite restaurant. The rooms are spacious, impeccably clean and lovely, the grounds and pool inviting and immaculately kept, and the food consistently delicious. What really sets Bellonias apart, though, is its people. The staff are genuinely caring, and available to help with anything you need (and even some things you didn't know you needed!). They are warm, friendly and very good at what they do. We left feeling, once again, like we have made a great travel connection, but even better friends.

1 Thank Renee C
Reviewed 16 July 2013

What an amazing place to stay, my daughter had chosen this hotel amongst others for a lot of her guests to stay at for her wedding in Santorini , and as always you look at the trip advisor comments to help you decide on which one you should consider .
Thankfully we made the perfect choice and this was quickly realised when my husband and myself arrived after a very long trip from Australia.
From the moment we arrive I could tell that this hotel was going to be special, there was a really lovely feel about the place and the staff immediately made you feels at home.

The hotel itself attracts regular passers by taking photos as it has to be the most attractive hotel by far in the area.
The pool is beautiful and the rooms are lovely, the cleaning staff have to be the best I have ever seen and do an amazing job everyday, they are up at the crack of dawn cleaning the outdoor areas, and the standard of cleaning in our room everyday was brilliant.
The staff can’t do enough to help you, and really make you feel like nothing is too much trouble, the bar staff are just amazing , Thomas , Rafail ,Ena and Vassi waited on us all day around the pool and at the bar every night, and were the perfect hosts everyday for 2 weeks, we miss them lots)
The hotel is just as lovely as it is in all the pictures on their website , the only thing they cannot describe is the ambiance this hotel has, you actually feel at home from the moment you arrive and you really never want to leave.
I would recommend Bellonias Villas to anyone who visited Santorini as the No 1 place to consider.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jax K
Trondheim
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stayed in Bellonias Villas from july 6th untill july 13th 2013. This was our first time in Santorini and Kamari Beach. We had great expectations for our stay there, and was NOT let down. The hotel provided us with a two room appartment, even thou we booked a one room appartment. The room was clean and well equipped. The staff was very serviceminded and met us with smiles and a softdrink on arrival. They took us personally to our rooms.
The breakfast was nice. With tasty local bread, different jams, cheese, chocolate and different meats. The coffee was espesially good. On Greek night at the hotel, the food was fantastic, service great and they knew how to set the mood.
The Beach aerea was nice with a girl that walked around in case we needed anything. The staff had good knowledge of the local and greek culture upon questions.
For dessert we recomend the Frozen Greek Yoghurt with the sweet tomatoe. Amazing!
We will come back for a New relaxing vacation to Bellonias Villas.

Hilde and Geir from Trondheim, Norway.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Geir Engen H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamari
Cavo Bianco
Pegasus Suites & Spa
Pegasus Suites & Spa
#15 of 48 in Imerovigli
Aressana Spa Hotel and Suites

Been to Bellonias Villas? Share your experiences!