“Wonderful service!”
Review of Bellonias Villas

Bellonias Villas
Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at this wonderful hotel during 2 weeks in july and we loved it!
The hotel is great but what really makes the differens is the staff! We would like to give a special thanks to Sara, Panos and Stelios, you made our vacation great!

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Matti78
There are newer reviews for Bellonias Villas

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Bellonias Villas is a great place to spend your hollidays. This is our third visit here and it is starting to feel like a home away from home. This hotel has many revisiting guest. Its a stress-free zone on the Kamari stip. Great breakfast buffet, wonderful restaurant and nice bar. Everything is always clean, fresh and functioning. The sevice is great, hardworking and genuine friendly staff. Thank you all for a wonderful vacation!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank VetiverGinger
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Me and my husband booked Bellonias Villas based on reviews on trip advisor, and we were not disappointed! The hotel was by far a class above the rest on the stretch, and the beach right at your door step - perfect! It might cost more than the others on the beach, but the accommodation and service is worth the price. We had the studio apartment, which had a mezzanine bedroom. The restaurant and bar is right by the pool and the beach, which creates such a beautiful ambiance. Plus on one of our nights there, the owner was having drinks by the bar to celebrate her birthday, and waived our drinks bill for the night. Everyone there was extremely friendly and helpful with tips on what to see and where to eat. This was one of the nicest hotels we've stayed in. Definitely recommended!

3  Thank KiranBains18
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This hotel is all it claims to be! Rooms are beautifully clean and spacious and the staff are amazingly friendly. Nice chill out music by the pool overlooking the ocean. Private beach with loungers.Perfectly placed on the beach with loads of restaurants to choose from for meals. The food served at 'Elia' the hotel's restaurant is great quality. The hotel looks so perfect that people walking by in the night stopped to make pictures. Everything is really perfect! Highly recommended.

PS. One of the restuarants you also should eat is 'Sellada' very near by Bellonias Villas; nice traditional Greek family with delicious food!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Patty0708
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Well, sitting here with my last drink, I can't say I'm eager to leave. This hotel is all it claims to be, relaxed chill out music by a pool overlooking the ocean. The staff are amazingly friendly and attentive, rooms are beautifully clean and spacious. The handyman is out touching up paintwork when it's quiet so it looks perfect. Haven't done many trips as we have loved just being here so much. Perfectly placed on the beach with loads of restaurants to choose from for meals. The food served in the evenings and at lunchtime at the hotel is great quality, best Greek salad I've had. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: There are family rooms with kiddies running around so maybe an upstairs room if you want a bit more...
2  Thank Sarah N
Reviewed 24 July 2013

What an amazing hotel. I stayed with my fiancee for 9 days before our wedding in Oia. Staying in this hotel was one of the best choices we ever made. Everything about it was perfect. The hotel reminded me of a chic and cool hotel in Miami. The rooms were fantastic, the pool and private beach perfect and the bar and restaurant flawless. I have stayed in many hotels for pleasure (i need to start writing more reviews!) and I can honestly say this was the best of them. Now... the staff.. what a wonderful bunch of people. Everyone of them were so genuinely friendly and you you could tell they really loved their jobs. We had a great laugh with them over the course of the 9 days. So, thank you Yannis for running such a great hotel with great facilities and a huge thanks to the staff (Yannis, Sara, Raphel, Milo, Vaso, tomas and george and the rest who's names i cannot remember) for completing an amazing experience! If you need more details on the hotel Jessica Renwick (my now wife!) has recently reviewed the hotel as well.

1  Thank smccor_2007
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Chic, stylish, chilled out hotel, with amazing staff, a fantastic pool and super food and cocktails. It is by far the best on the beach. This is what all Greek beach hotels should be. In fact, what all hotels should be. It felt like my home away from home. And above all it hits the right balance; they all seem to know when you want to something and when you don’t so they give you just enough space to do whatever you want. We spent 9 wonderful nights here and didn’t want to leave. We loved it so much and were so impressed that we were incredibly disappointed by our 5+ star hotel in Oia, it just didn’t measure up to Bellonia’s Villas at all. We are already planning our trip back next year. Bellonia Villa’s manages to create an unique relaxing, chilled out experience in comfort and style (sometimes at the envy of passers-by from other places nearby) rather than just accommodation.
I have detailed our overall experience for you but it’s a well deserved long review so I hope you’re comfortable.
Location: Fantastic location on Kamari beach, at a somewhat quieter spot than other areas, not near any of the bars so no bar noise floating into the peaceful, chilled out zone of Bellonia Villas.
The Hotel: A wonderful little cream maze of low rise Greek styled rooms and apartments with bougainvillea dotted here and there bursting their beautiful pink flowers amid the cool creaminess of the building. It has its own private beach with loungers. The décor of the whole place is so chic yet so relaxed. There are 2 main seating areas for eating, drinking or just chilling out. One is up by the pool beside the bar and one across the pedestrianised street which is also their restaurant Elia (see separate review about this fab place) and is right next to the beach, getting the magical warm breeze. All decorated in a fresh yet stylish, chilled out, chic vibe with lovely touches like beautiful Balinese inspired couches covered with loads of cushions for chilling out or having dinner, very comfy directors style chairs, right down to little olive trees on each table. It has the best pool in all of Kamari that I have seen with fabulous double loungers, a whole shaded side of double loungers for those in need of it and a Jacuzzi, and there was always enough room for everyone. Beside the pool is the main bar where you can get amazing fresh juices, any alcoholic beverage you can think of, coffee tea etc and also choose from their snack and lunch menu during the day. There is also a very slightly more formal seating area for those not wishing to eat by the pool, bikinis and bare feet during the day, in fact whatever you want. Rafel and Milo make the most amazing cocktails and are so genuinely friendly that you could waste many hours and a few hangovers sampling they’re expert cocktails.
Accommodation: We had a 1 bed apartment which was perfect. The bedroom had generous king double bed with air conditioning, dressing table, flat screen TV, and wardrobe etc. The bed was very comfortable and a/c a blessing! The kitchenette was well equipped with double hob, sink, fridge, all the necessary pots, cutlery, glassware etc but we never really used it as breakfast was included in our rate and Elia restaurant was super so we ate there as much as possible. The bathroom was really well finished with very trendy polished concrete from floor to ceiling with a rainfall shower and great toiletries. The apartment was cleaned once a day and they even cleaned the kitchenette, cups and plates and everything.
Food & Drink: Breakfasts were continental, homemade breakfasts and one of the better ones I had in all of Santorini. A selection of traditional home made pastries, breads and jams and eggs, cold meats, fruit, juices, cereal tea and coffee. The bar is very well stocked and has a very impressive menu for both alcoholic and non alcoholic cocktails and drinks (my sister who visited us there a few times tried the many non alcoholic cocktails and absolutely loved them) They have a delicious snack and lunch menu during the day and the restaurant Elia dinner menu in the evening. I cannot say enough that Elia was THE BEST restaurant in Kamari and we tried many over our 9 night stay. It Greek food with an international twist and has so many delicious dishes it is hard to choose. My absolute hands down favourite was the Greek appetizer of Tomato Fritters/Ball. It is a big portion and absolutely delicious and they’re the best fritters on the whole island. I tried many! You cannot go wrong with any dish, they are all great. The wine selection was great too, as I find some Santorini wines t not to my taste (I’m a French wine snob, sorry!) but all of their wines, including their house wine which is served by the glass were delicious and obviously selected by someone who knows their international wines and has a good palate.
The Staff: What really makes Bellonia’s Villa’s better than anywhere else, other than its laid-back, mellow, chic-ness, amazing food and drink is the staff. They are simply amazing. Wonderfully helpful and genuinely friendly, they cannot do enough to make sure you are happy without being over powering or too much in your face (like some other places. They’re not over asking you every 2 seconds if you are okay but should you need anything they seem to be always there and able to help. Yannis the owner is there every day or evening and makes a point of welcoming every guest, on our first night we told him we are getting married on the island but would be moving to Oia for that and he immediately said if there is absolutely anything we need help with he would be only too happy to assist. Then the day before my wedding he sent us flowers to our other hotel to wish us great happiness for our marriage. It is definitely the first time I have ever received that kind of attention to detail and such an amazing gesture from a hotel. I still can’t really believe he did that, and if you are reading this THANK YOU SO MUCH Yannis, a proper Thank You card is on its way to you. The front desk staff, Yannis and Sara who were so helpful with anything and everything, making sure taxi’s came all the way to the front of the hotel to pick us up with our 4 cases even though cars are not allowed! The bar guys, Milo the day time bartender and Rafel the night time bar tender were super friendly, totally on the ball. And last but not least the waiting staff, George who we had great fun with and amazingly remembered everyone’s name as we had our family visit us at the hotel and restaurant a few times and he remembered all of their names too, we are not quite sure how he does this. Vas (Not Vaz!) who kept my husband’s drink flowing at his pace, and kept girl power going, she is constantly going and never stops, I envy her energy and of course Tomas who kept us laughing at with stories from seasons past and he observations of us crazy tourists. I am sure I forgot a few names and my apologies if I spelt your names incorrectly. But I really REALLY hope you are all still there next year. I can’t wait to go back. It is to date one of my fondest and wonderful holidays of my life.

Room Tip: The honeymoon suite has a huge sea view terrace with its own jacuzzi.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank wanderlustforever
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamari
Cavo Bianco
Santellini Boutique Hotel
Hotel 28
Hotel 28
#3 of 75 in Kamari
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel

Been to Bellonias Villas? Share your experiences!