There is something about this hotel that sets it apart from the rest. We can't put our finger on any one specific thing but when you roll everything into one, you just feel at home and cared about. You feel less like your staying in apartments, more like you're holidaying with your very own big extended family. Everybody that works here is openly friendly and willing to stop and have a short conversation.
The restaurant and bar called Elia (I'm not sure whether it is an integral part of the hotel) is also very competently managed and staffed. The food is excellent. We noted that it is one of the very few restaurants that doesn't bother trying to woo passers by to come and eat. This in its self is practically unique! You will soon be striking up conversations with the bar staff who are both friendly and witty. You just feel very much at home here. By the end of our stay, the notion of returning to the hotel without making a visit to the bar seems impossible. We just loved the place I know that my wife will be be making a very strong case for us to return here for our next visit..
I have only one very small "niggle", You will find yourself, getting up at the crack of dawn to stake your claim for one of the shaded sunbeds around the pool. There were a good many gurests who thought it was ok to throw some towels on these first thing in the morning and not to be seen apart from an hour in the late afternoon. If the hotel could find a way prevent this, it would make this very very good hotel almost perfect!!!
We stayed here during the general power cuts in mid August. This threw the whole island into disarray but even here, the hotel and restaurant was managed in a way appeared to us the customers calm, collected with the minimum of fuss. Somehow, even during this very challenging time, Bellonias managed to make the evenings feel quite special, and even a little more romantic! This has to be commended!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set right on a private part of Kamari Beach, the 4-star Bellonias Villas is a complex of minimally decorated units set amidst a palm-tree garden. It has a pool and a seaside restaurant. Bellonias air-conditioned studios and apartments have marble floors and built-in beds. They come with a satellite LCD TV, kitchenette and a living area. The private bathroom is stocked with free toiletries, bathrobes and hairdryer. Light meals are offered at the snack bar, while a variety of cocktails and champagnes can be enjoyed at the poolside bar. Elia Restaurant serves Greek and Mediterranean dishes right next to the beach. Within a short stroll, guests will find bars and cafes. Santorini Airport is 5 km away and Athinios Port 12 km away. The lively town of Fira is at 7 km. Free WiFi throughout is provided, while free parking can be found within a 10-minute walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bellonias Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellonias Villas Hotel Kamari
- Bellonias Hotel Kamari
- Bellonias Villas Santorini/Kamari