We stayed 7 nights at the BV in mid-May and have to say it contributed to one of the most relaxing holidays we've ever had, in fact neither of us wanted to go home. This is down to several factors, the atmosphere, the food, but most importantly the staff. In all my travels across the world I have never encountered such genuine people who work in a hotel/resort, who actually talk to you as if you were family/friends they have known for years.
So down to the nitty-gritty of the place itself.
Accommodation. First impressions are a very well maintained and clean villa complex. We had a family room consisting of a large double bedroom, shower room and kitchenette. All were kept very clean throughout the stay, bathrobes and toiletries included. All simply decorated, bed was very comfortable, not too soft, pillows plenty of them. Lots of wardrobe space with hangars plus a key lock safe, which was handy. The shower room was fairly basic, personally looked unfinished, cracks in the walls where the fixtures and fittings were put in, all it needed was a lick of paint, but this is Greece, so wasn't surprised to be honest. Shower worked fine though, nice and hot. Our room was also right next to the poolside and bar, which concerned me slightly at first with noise and privacy, but didn't need to be, music wasn't loud and turned right down around 11pm.
Poolside/Bar/Restaurant. A collection of comfy sofas and director style chairs, all very comfortable and created a nice chilled out atmosphere amongst guests and visiting patrons. Staff were extremely attentive, but were never on top of you all the time rushing you. Some might interpret this as being slow or unconcerned, but I personally found it a relief from the hassle you get from the restaurants on the main drag. The pool was freezing!, but the other half found it lovely to escape the sun in it. The poolside does get busy, reserving beds isn't allowed, but people do do it. We always managed to get one, but can imagine at the height of summer it could be a bit of a bun fight. Plenty of shade though and for those that don't like being in direct sunlight there are 6 beds under permanent shade, which was a nice tough. Private beach as well, so always another option there.
Staff. Special mentions go to Sara the receptionist/fixer/organiser of everything, Thomas, Maiga and Vasso at the restuarant/bar who couldn't do enough for us. Always made time for a chat, not just about the weather or a trip we've done, but just about life in general and were quite happy to joke around and enjoy a laugh if they weren't busy. I found it very personable and it instantly made us both feel relaxed and in a home away from home.
Food. The breakfast was fairly basic, lots of fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereal and bread. There was a hot option everyday such as an infused scrambled egg and for both of us this was enough. Lots of tea/coffee/fresh juice/water. The restaurant was a little bit more expensive than others, both food and drinks wise, but again it didn't bother us as the atmosphere was chilled and relaxed. The food was very well cooked, nice mix of traditional greek and other dishes with a modern twist. Plenty of snacks and a few international dishes for those less adventurous. We had lunch there everyday, so ate our evening meals elsewhere (highly recommend Vassilikos and Alexanders).
All in all, we loved it and can't wait to go back. If you do stay here, make sure you get Sara or Yannis to book you on the Thalassa sunset sailing tour. For 50 euros it'll be a day you won't forget in a very long time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set right on a private part of Kamari Beach, the 4-star Bellonias Villas is a complex of minimally decorated units set amidst a palm-tree garden. It has a pool and a seaside restaurant. Bellonias air-conditioned studios and apartments have marble floors and built-in beds. They come with a satellite LCD TV, kitchenette and a living area. The private bathroom is stocked with free toiletries, bathrobes and hairdryer. Light meals are offered at the snack bar, while a variety of cocktails and champagnes can be enjoyed at the poolside bar. Elia Restaurant serves Greek and Mediterranean dishes right next to the beach. Within a short stroll, guests will find bars and cafes. Santorini Airport is 5 km away and Athinios Port 12 km away. The lively town of Fira is at 7 km. Free WiFi throughout is provided, while free parking can be found within a 10-minute walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bellonias Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellonias Villas Hotel Kamari
- Bellonias Hotel Kamari
- Bellonias Villas Santorini/Kamari