This is my e-mail that i wrote to the Boathouse manageress whom i dealt with via e-mail for six months leading up to our wedding. By reading this e-mail you will understand the great deal of support and service i recieved from this very kind lady and her team in The Boathouse in Kamari. No question or request to big for her to sort. She was an outstanding support to me in planning my wedding abroad (from London). I cannot thank her enough and you will understand from my e-mail. The wedding was a fairytale with no hitches at all, and 38 adults and 8 children from the UK and Ireland attended and we alll stayed in the Baothouse Hotel. A wonderful family run business.
E-mail copied below:
Dear Diane, I really hope you recieve this e-mail. I am so sorry we never crossed paths on our week in Santorini. I am writing this e-mail to thank you so so much for all the kindness, support and help you have given me and my family over the last six months from the start to finish of our wedding plans. Your support and generosity within e-mails and your reassurance about how our big day would be was superb and so so right. We had a fabulous week at the Boathouse hotel even though my family members partying/socialising probably got on a few other guests nerves, the hotel was beautiful and the honeymoon suite was gorgeous. I hope Spiros and Angie are not to upset with us all!! Angie was great but i am sure we gave her a headache by the end, as travelling in a group is not always easy especially when it comes to collecting money etc.... Spiros's coctails i am told (due to my expanding bump) were "out of this world" and the chaps in the group grew very fond of him. His generosity and support to was outstanding. I only hope were welcome back to the Boathouse as i am fully aware that some of the group are already in the process of sorting next years trip to santorini as nobody is happy to be back in London!!The Almira restaurant, was everything you said and Christos was fantastic and such a gentleman. His team were superb whether behind the scenes or on the floor, they were all truly amazing and the food was the best we had eaten anywhere on the island. Our wedding reception was so lovely and our guests were blown away by it. So thankyou again to your hard working team. Lastly, as a thankyou to yourself for all your hard work with me throughout the six months and via the internet, we had a piece of Kilkenny crystal (from Ireland) made especially for you with Paul and my name on it and the date of our wedding engraved as a thankyou to you for everything. This Kilkenny crystal has travelled all the way from Co Kilkenny in Ireland to Santorini and i hope its made its way to you in Canada safely. I am not sure if Spiros understood the extent of our gratitude to you when my mother and I were trying to explain it to him in a rush. So i do hope its with you now and that you will find a use for it somehow. Once again thankyou so much to you and your kind team and Spiros for making our week so enjoyable and worthwhile, we had a fantastic time, and we would dearly love to be ALLOWED back!! my SON (6YRS) said to me today that he wants to go back and see the lovely lady at the Boathouse (Angie).I hope you have a nice vacation and good health to your family. Our kindest regards,Taylor-Fennelly Family (October 2009) x x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the spectacularly beautiful island of Santorini, a major stop on many cruise ship tours, the Boathouse Hotel is a family run waterfront Hotel on Kamari Beach about a 5-minute walk from the center of Kamari and about a 15-minute bus ride from the main town of Thira. We offer Deluxe rooms with air - conditioning, telephone, safe-box, bathroom and balcony. Our rooms are spacious and have either Seaview or Mountain- view. An extensive Buffet Breakfast is served daily from 8am until 11am, Poolside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your The Boathouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boathouse Hotel Kamari
- Boathouse Resort Kamari
- Boathouse Hotel Santorini
- Boathouse Santorini
- The Boathouse Hotel Santorini/Kamari