“Best honeymoon ever!”
Review of Sigalas Hotel

Sigalas Hotel
Ranked #30 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
Reviewed 24 February 2010

Staff is really very nice, helpful and thoughtful. The manger speaks English and German on a native level.

You can park your car nearby.

First we were in a smaller room - we liked it a lot (like in a movie or in a dream). We enjoyed ourselves so much that we decided to stay longer and moved in one of the suites (I think it was the honeymoon suite) and it was even better.

Everything is spotless, the furniture is comfortable, the design is simple but absolutely not in the wrong way. A lovely balcony/terrace or a small garden comes with every room and there is a private beach with 'hula hula' sunscreens and beds.

They have a sea-wiev pool too. Breakfast is next to the pool. Food is delicious, my favourite was Spaghetti Santorini. Buildings are very greek from a tourist point of wiev - blue and white with pink flowers all over. The village is 2 minutes by car or 10 if you walk. We even got a complementary botle off wine as a welcome gift (or honeymoon gift - we were not sure).

Downside is the airport in the vicinity but it is not disturbing only for the first couple of times. It did not bother us - we would be happy to return in the future.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LucyMartin

Reviewed 3 February 2010

The hotel was really peaceful and relaxing, it was a short walk from the town centre but it was a nice walk. Rooms were beautiful, and cleaned everyday. I would recommend this to anyone I know, it is a really nice hotel, the only downside is the aeroplanes, but that didn't bother me at all. Overall I had one of the best holidays of my life, I am looking to return there this June. The beach in front of the hotel is nice also, when I stayed in the centre of Kamari on a different holiday I was being asked if I wanted a massage every 10 minutes by passers by while I was sunbathing which I found really annoying, but this hotel with the quiet beach and pool was perfect.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2009

I stayed at this hotel for a week in July with 3 friends. It was perfect for us, right on the beach front, great pool right next to the bar, friendly but unobtrusive staff who met all our needs. It's right at the end of the hotel strip so we didn't get the passing foot traffic which was great. Our room was set back from the beach, very quiet, nice and cool with everything we needed. Perfect for us as independent travellers, within easy walking distance of the Kamari nightlife either across the beach (2 mins) or via the streets (about 6 mins). Breakfast was nice, other meals are available but we didnt have an opportunity to sample

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2009

I enjoy my stay so much, we take the taxi to the hotel from the port and it doesn't cost much, there was a warm welcome in the lobby and they have a wonderful pool in right next to the main building. The hotel is just right next to the the quiet black sand beach which is beautiful. The hotel is within walking distance to the city center and the room itself is cozy and clean. The breakfast is also good and service is just so warm.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2007

We stayed here for 5 days early July. We paid 65 euros/night for a studio with a GREAT private patio and seaview. Although it is close to the airport (and planes do fly close over between 6:30 AM - 11:30 PM - about once/hour), this did not bother us too much. Instead we really appreciated the location at the beach with (free) beach chairs for the guests. Most other hotels are close but not AT the beach. The hotel was clean, nice SILENT airconditiong system, and no street noice what so ever. Very relaxing. The hotel also has a market where you can buy all kinds of basics at low prices. This was very convenient. All in all, we really enjoyed this hotel, the very friendly staff and basic but clean room (which had a terrific shower by the way..).

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 6 November 2006

My wife and I had the delight of staying at this small family run hotel this September. Although the hotel is limited in its amenities it is clean, comfortable, and well run.
We very much appreciated the "one to one" attention of Jani the owner / operator. For those who are looking for a small well run hotel that offers personal service this is it.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 7 September 2006

I guess my friend and I were disappointed from the start, as we'd twice requested twin beds from our travel agent and were still greeted at the Sigalas by a small double bed. Due to this mess-up, we only stayed at the hotel for one night. However, the one day we spent there was pretty dire. The word we heard most from the Sigalas staff was "NO". We asked Yiannis (the manager?) if we could have a twin room...NO. We arrived at 20:30 - could we get some food? NO, they only serve during the day. We asked if there were any more sunbeds, as there were maybe 8 placed artfully around the pool...NO - they were obviously going for a stylish, minimalist look, which isn't much use when the guest to sunbed ratio appeared to be about 30:1. In terms of location, the Sigalas is well away from the main resort. We went in search of food during the evening we spent there and walked for maybe 25 minutes through unlit roads before we found the resort centre. I understand that the route should have been shorter, but with no street lights or signs, things were pretty much impossible. And finally...the planes! My goodness, I expected a degree of disturbance, but this was something else. They come in directly above the beach, casting an enormous shadow as they're quite terrifyingly low (the Sigalas is right next to the airport), and the noise is deafening - and that's before the fighter jets start! All in all, a hotel we were delighted to leave.

Having read this back, I do sound a terrible moaning minnie, but in my defence, we were then moved to Perissa, which is a lovely resort, where we thoroughly enjoyed the rest of our stay on Santorini, which is an absolutely stunning island.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with friends