“amazing food and good service”

Captain's Corner Taverna
Ranked #3 of 123 Restaurants in Kamari
Price range: US$9 - US$52
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Captain's Corner Taverna is a Local Greek Traditional Family Restaurant, owned by Captain Andreas and his wife Ms Evaggelia.They both cook and serve the meals!!Don't loose the opportunity to experience the local traditional homemade meals they serve and the amazing local hospitality!!
Kuta, Indonesia
“amazing food and good service”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Genuine Geek food and fantastic service.
We he'd the most amazing food and we are absolutely full.
Highly recommended the place.

3 Thank Bente_Nybo

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
“Best service and nicest tavern in santorini!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Very good and friendly service, nice setting and cozy feeling, good food and the finest vin santo I tasted in my stay on santorini. Cold beer and fair prices, waiter was a bit hard to understand but that was probably a side effect of the cold beer and lack of understanding of Greek accents. Overall the best dining experience in santorini in my opinion.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Henrik L
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Food was acceptable”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This was close to where we stayed and was ok for a local place to eat. The owners are friendly, but they don't speak very good English and unfortunately, misunderstood what we had ordered on 1 of the 2 times we visited. However, there was no problem. There don't seem to be many people eating here, but that could be because of the position, which is not on the main 'strip'

Visited July 2014
1 Thank sk93rh
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly and cat-friendly restaurant”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The servers, host, and cook were all extremely friendly and welcoming, but did not hover awkwardly. The food was good, but the appetizers were better than the main courses. My personal favourite part was when the stray (?) cats came into the open-air area and walked around among the guests and waited patiently for any handouts. I was expecting the servers to at least yell at the cats, but they left them entirely alone, which made me really happy to see. Myself and my fiancee fed the cats small bits of meat from our plates and all the cats were friendly and didn't seem to be starving, although they were quite pleased to get a treat. I wouldn't hesitate to go back to this restaurant!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank KiHay
London, United Kingdom
“One to avoid”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I can only assume that the people who have rated this so highly perhaps don't have a proper sense of what half decent food is. Like so many tourist restaurants they seem to serve chips and rice with most dishes! Anyway onto the food. My partner ordered a chicken souvlaki and half way through her meal she bit into a raw piece of chicken. Needless to say she was unwell not long after. I myself had the veal as it was down as a traditional Greek meal. It was rubbish at best! When I complained about the raw chicken we were greeted with a shrug of the shoulders and brought some watermelon. If they'd offered the meal for free as a goodwill gesture it might have gone a small way to making us feel like they genuinely were sorry. There are many, far better, restaurants along the sea front and little side streets.

• Visited July 2014