“Ok. Not near town.”
Review of Estia Hotel

Estia Hotel
Ranked #72 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
Reviewed 7 May 2014

1. The staff was great. The girls were so sweet.
2. Clean.
3. No washcloths.
4. The continental breakfast was fine. Hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, cake, etc are among the choices.
5. It’s not close to Thira (Fira). You have to take a bus to get there for 1,60 Euros. It takes 10 minutes. Be warned though. They don’t pick up and drop off at the same location, so I got confused to where I was every time I came back to Kamari.
6. Around 5 minutes walk to get to the beach.
7. The bed was rock hard and the pillow was super thin.
8. The outside of the hotel was cute.
9. The water got everywhere when I took a shower because it’s not in a bathtub with a curtain.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed here for 16 days in the middle of july, and had two rooms. At first we had two studio apartments on the ground floor, but we found this a bit tight so the next day we asked the manager Marina if there was any possibility for a change of rooms. She organized everything, and we could change to rooms on the third floor alrady during that day! They were spacious, had a balcony and a little bit of seaview.

The rooms are absolutely okey, the shower is a bit small, but nothing like we haven`t had in Greece before. The beds wew a bit hard, but you get used to it.

The cleaning staff is amazing, and the rooms get cleaned every day, towels changes a couple of times a week or when needed. We even got back after a day at the beach to a room where the staff had folded our clothes!! An unexpected extra service.

The hotel lies a couple of minutes of walking away from the beach, but that was nothing we had a problem with. There was also a pool across the street we could use. We were there only a couple of days because there were almost no wind there.

I would absolutely recomend this hotel!! We had a great experience there, and the manager Marina goes out of her way to make everything as good as possible for you, and she is one of the biggest reasons I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If possible, choose rooms a little higher than the ground floor and you will get a veiw.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kristina190479
Reviewed 27 June 2013

My friends and I spent 7 nights at Hotel Estia, from 16th - 23rd June 2013. I must admit that my experience exceeded my expectations!

The Staffs:
Service-minded, warm and friendly, and they would go out of their way to help - from providing extra pillows and blankets to finding a work around. One late night the electricity went out in our room. We didn't feel it was possible to sleep without the aircon, and the hotel was fully-booked, so we couldn't get another room. After a short negotiation, the manager, Marina, was kind to transfer us to one of the hotel's subsidiaries for the night. The next day, the electrician fixed the problem, while we were having our breakfast.

The Breakfast:
Breakfast was served from 08:00 - 10:00. It was not a banquet, but it was adequate - Coffee, tea, orange juice, müsli, greek yoghurt, bread, jam, tomatoes, cucumber, canned peaches, honey, butter, eggs. NOTE: They ONLY served hard-boiled eggs. However, once in a while, with a bit of luck, you could get a medium-boiled egg, unintentionally :)

The Hotel:
We were three, who shared a room with a double and a single bed. It was spacious. There was a TV, wardrobe, a safe, a refrigerator, a dresser, 2 chairs and a balcony with plastic patio furniture. The bed and the pillows were good to sleep on. The aircon worked well and was quiet. NOTE: We found 18 C too cold and had to turn the thermostat up to 25 C, which was unusual!!! LOL!

The room and the bathroom was cleaned daily, and the towels were changed a couple of times during the week, and when we lay them down on the floor, to signal the a need for a replacement. The sheets, however, were not changed, although this was a minor issue for us.

There was a shower, but there was no shower head holder. This seemed to be very characteristic of the hotel. :)

There were no toiletries, but a hairdryer could be provided upon request!

The Pool:
The pool although relatively shallow had a good size, and was well-maintained. There were even 2 toilets with shower, plus an open shower beside the pool. The umbrellas and the sunbeds were old but still usable, and the beds were still comfortable enough to lie on.

The Location:
Very close to the bus stop, the beach, the shops, the supermarkets and the restaurants - just walking distance! The bus trip to Fira from the Hotel is about 30 minutes. The local buses came approximately every half an hour.

I arrived at the hotel with quite a skeptical attitude, but my stay in Hotel Estia proved me wrong.
Personally, I think Hotel Estia deserves a ✩✩✩+

Room Tip: Rm 17 has a sea view beyond a number of rooftops with solar equipments. However, it is quiet at nigh...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Stayed there at beggining of June while the weather is still not too hot which was fine because no air condition in our room. The room facilities is rather simple, old beds and very modest furniture and tiny bathroom. But on the good sie it is in good location on a quiet street only minutes from the beach and center of Kamari and from the bus stop. The pool is charming, water is clean and the owner did very nice gesture of leaving us fresh fruit on our chase lounger every morning. The choice of breakfast is poor on selection of items on a buffet table but there is a shop just a minute away so you can stock yoursellf with everythink you needed.
We got excellent rate for this hotel so for the money we payed it was great, but if you want a litlle bit of luxary on your holiday look further

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I went here for my high school graduation trip with my class. It was a great place for young adults to stay. It was a great location not too far from the beach, but it had a pool so it didn't really matter that much. The place wasn't that crouded at all, it was my class and a few more group of tourists and later on our stay just us so if you like to have a calm and private stay this is the place for you. The staff was really nice they even let us sneak in the pool during night time :) it was clean and nice. The only negative side is that the breakfeast was literally awful. I ate it one day and for the rest of my stay I didn't even try to see if it got better. All in all definitely a place to stay if you want to be near the city with parties (fira or thira not sure how its called) but during the day have a peaceful, movie-like stay :)

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Great location for beach, restaurants, bars, so car not essential but definitely worth getting one because the island is stunning and you just have to make the most of it. The hotel was clean, the staff very friendly and helpful. The pool is across a very small road, which is not ideal if you have children, but was not too busy during our stay. There were no English people staying that I was aware of, but did not find that a problem. Breakfast was simple but perfectly adequate continental style, I often took breakfast back to our room to have on our balcony as I do like my privacy in the mornings! Overall a very good base, and would go back.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jacqui W
Reviewed 16 July 2009

My best friend and I have just returned back from a great holiday in Santorini. We arrived at the Estia around 21.30, where we were met by gabbi who showed us to our room which we couldn't fault as we recieved a studio with a kitchenette, unfortunatly we had a double bed instead of twin as requested through tour operator but wasn't a problem as we've known each other for years.
Gabbi informed us we had no airconditioning, but he would sort it in the morning, which he did with no problems and we also recieved our safety deposit key, with no extra charges.
The hotel's location was perfect it was away from the busy front but only a couple of minutes stroll to the beach, bus stop and shops. (no problem with aircraft noise)
The pool was always clean, sunbeds were a little rundown but apart from that lovely and quiet.
Overall we had a great stay at the hotel and couldnt fault it The staff we're all extremely helpful; especially on our last day when our flight didnt depart until 21.45, we were allowed to leave our luggage and get a quick shower before our transfer at 19.00.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends