Acqua Vatos Santorini Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Atalos Suites(Kamari)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe buspool arealovely hoteltea and coffeebeach frontsmall hotelplenty of sunbedsrooms are lovelysmall balconya stones throwbars restaurantsexplore the islandlove boatlovely poolcold meatsfira and oiapoolside bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 May 2010

we stayed for one week and could not say anything bad about the hotel, superb and fantastic value for money, when staying eat at the family taverna, and drink at the love boat.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2010

My husband and I came to Acqua Vatos for our honeymoon. We took the ferry in to the island. Once we landed we just asked where the bus was to Acqua Vatos in Kamari. The bus drivers all knew exactly where all the hotels were and we got onto a bus. They dropped us off at the bus station in Kamari where we took one of many taxis to the hotel. It was nice taxi too! Mercedes! Air condtioned! Once we got the hotel, we checked in and they were George greeted us! He is extremely friendly and nice and so wonderful!

The room was a nice size. Lots of space to put clothes, suitcases, etc. The bathroom was my only downfall. The shower was just like a curtain over a drain so the whole floor got wet, around the sink and toilet when you bathed. But the staff gives you alot of towels and always cleaned when we were gone for the day. You spend the majority of your stay outside anyways, it really wasn't that big of a deal, and I consider myself a girly girl. It was air-conditioned and the bed was sooo comfy!

The continental breakfast was soo yummy!! And there is an outside deck/balcony/terrace to sit and eat your breakfast at. I still remember the breakfast to this day! So good.

The staff was so friendly and so family oriented and so accomadating. They would do anything for you! They even let us use the internet to email our family.

George is extremely insightful on everytihng going on on the island, where to go, what to do. He booked our volcane excursion for us and had a car pick us up. He booked our horse riding for us! He even booked the ATVS for us to ride around all of the island! They came right to the hotel with the ATV's! He gaves us a map of the whole island and circle the hot places to see, the restaurants to eat at, and where to watch the famous sunset without a huge crowd. You can basically go all around the island and to all beaches on the island via an ATV within a matter of a couple minutes. The drive and views are sooo stunning on the ATV! We were in amazement at the islands beauty. We highly recommend the ATV's! But George was was awesome! He made our entire trip!

The hotel is right next to the beach. Well, down the cobble stone street that is filled with cute restaurants and shops. Stunning beach! So very swimable! We swam all day in the aegean sea!

The shops sold everything we needed. Water shoes, sunglasses, sunblock, everything! And they take credit card almost everywhere!

The hotel pool is wonderful!! Fresh beach towels, lots of lounging chairs to sunbathe. Big pool! When we were on our last day there, we just stayed at the pool and relaxed! Poolside drinks as well!

Overall, the hotel was everytihng we needed and more. There was adventure, romance, beach, sun, food, culture. We will be back to Acqua Vatos for sure!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2010

My wife and I stayed at this hotel last year for our two weeks holiday and when we were looking for a holiday in Santorini, this came up with Thompson and we liked the look of it. So as always I emailed the manager, George for some info of the location etc, George was absolutely courteous and very efficient in replying and he even offered us a welcoming thank you upgrade to our room. The staff at the hotel was very friendly and welcoming. Kate and Katrina were fab. Also the restaurant for breakfast was excellent and a good fresh variety of food and tea and coffee on tap. Also the tea and coffee is available all day free, just help yourself. Kamari is a beautiful place and we recommend it to anyone, its family orientated and also for couples wanting to have a nice night out for meals and drinks. Lots of fab bars open till early morning and are very trendy. Kamari is a resort in the south east of the island and one that has a long beach rood with lots of shops too for eager shoppers. I must admit this was one of the best holidays we have had in a long time and mainly thanks to Acqua Vatos and the team that work there. We will certainly go back soon.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clamo
Reviewed 18 January 2010

Small family run place, really tiny, but location is great, ideal when you have young children, near the beach and near the bus stop. Rooms are tiny and may not be the best if you plan to spend a lot of time in the room, else it clean. Breakfast is good and incase you want to prepare something for your kid- you can get access to the kitchen which is great. The owners are really helpful. Loos are a tad tiny

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank NitDelhi
Reviewed 10 November 2009

Where do I start!
My husband and I decided that Santorini was the place we wanted to get married after seeing it on the net! This was a big decision as we had never been and knew no one how had either. We booked our holiday and wedding through Thomsons, however we couldn't book everyone we wanted at the same time. We contacted the Aqua Vatos directly and this is where a beautiful friendship began!. George was nothing but helpful and friendly even through (as a bride to be! having mild panic attacks) he remain so. He responded rapidly to any emails I sent and was always available to talk to on the phone. Once we arrived in Santorini I felt like I already knew George and we was welcomed by his staff with warm smiling faces (in reference to one comment on here that their faces where souer, that visitor must have done something to make their faces that way!) in the whole 3 weeks we where there this was never the case. George went above any of our expectations, we arrived a week before our other guests and talking to George about who was coming over, he realised my parents where not on his list of expected guest. (a problem with Thomsons) he spent the next 2 days sorting this out, he did not tell me until this was sorted as not to stress me out ahead of our big day! (this he did not have to do). Georges kindness evident at all times. We where part of a large group of 22 and all of our guests agreed that they had never come across a nicer man. George helped us to get our last minute bits and pieces for the wedding, and he even came downstairs to see me in my dress to wish us the very best, we even invited George along but as his wife was expecting any day he declind. On the wedding day itself George was on hand for anything we needed. My husband was talking to George about planning a special surprise for me after the wedding. George helped him arrange the most beautiful evening in his luxury hotel, he arranged this all for him and the night was fab. In regards to the hotel, having spent 3 weeks there we didn't have one nights bad sleep, the breakfast was lovely and always fresh and the lady who helped in the kitchen (sorry I can not remember your name!) was very pleasant and always smiling. This hotel became like a home from home. The bathroom was nothing less than what we have experianced in other greek hotels apart from these had more colour in and a shower curtain! not just a hole in the floor! The cleaning staff where lovely too always happy and friendly. The hotel was spotless. The pool was lovely, nice and big for a small hotel. In terms of the hotel bar, I can not understand what other people have put on here! We plently of nights would go and have a drink there, the reception is manned from 8am to 2am where you can order room service or sit in the lounge, yes this is not a large area but is the reason it is so intimate!. If this was any bigger it was lose its charm. For us this place will always have a special place in our hearts as will the staff, we all remain friends and talk regularly I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple