“The only hotel with its own generator!!!”
Review of Epavlis Hotel

Epavlis Hotel
Ranked #32 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“The only hotel with its own generator!!!”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We have just arrived home from a family holiday at the Epavlis Hotel in Santorini. We were there for my Daughter's Wedding. What a fabulous hotel! Spotless everywhere, great pool and lovely views over Kamari and the sea. We booked a sea view room and I would definitely recommend this. Breakfast was varied and plentiful. Lunch time snacks at the hotel were very reasonably priced and perfect if you want to stay by the pool all day (toastie three euros). Santorini was without electricity for four days in total while we were there and while no one seemed to mind (holidaymakers or residents!) it was very nice to come back to a hotel with lights and air conditioning!! Staff were very helpful, especially Christina on reception. I would gladly go back to Santorini and this hotel again. Santorini is a very beautiful island with lots to see. A photographers paradise.........
My only negative of the hotel is the very slippy poolside, it is marble.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Greek first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed for almost 2 weeks and were treated so kindly by all the staff and owners. The rooms and pool area were spotless and Christina was very helpful with restaurant or any other recommendations we needed.I heard from family members who stayed elsewhere that their hotel was not welcoming of family members visiting. We were there for a wedding and this would have made things very difficult but we did not have that problem.
My one complaint was that the bed was too firm. A foam top would have helped.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mfy59
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2013

the hotel is lovely with superb views, its also spotless with a team of cleaners working all day making sure the rooms are cleaned bedding changed and all the corridors are clean to.
we cannot fault the staff and the owner of this hotel they were always very helpful and accommodating
we were there for a friends wedding, although not at the hotel itself but the staff bent over backwards to help from supplying a plate for the flowers to boxes to carry things to the venue and also helped organise a surprise treat for the happy couple, even the owner went to get her son to help me rearrange our flights when we had to cut our holiday short because of family matters.
the only down side to this hotel was its bar snacks often being told they were out of certain items when ordering, the menu wasn't a large menu so would have been easy to keep items in stock
the other point to mention is the hill great on the way down to eat but hell on the way up my calf muscles are rock solid now lol

1 Thank 60paul47
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 August 2013

my husband and I were quite taken away with the reviews of this hotel and thus we went ahead and reserved a superior view room for our august vacation in Santorini.....we stayed in oia for a few days and then packed our bags and reached kamari beach to stay in this hotel (with prior confirmed reservation) but when we reached reception we were shamelessly thrown away from there and they told us that they don't have any room for us and they switched us to another hotel (will get into details of that later). I was like hellooooooo.....I didn't get any email or phone call or even message stating that my reservation was cancelled and they don't have room....they were not having any answers to my questions and kept saying that we informed olotels(through which we had booked this hotel) once that we have cancelled your reservations....but then why in the 1st place they confirmed my reservation ? And friends I am telling you they cancelled my reservation last minute may be because some existing guest extended their stay and were paying may be more then what I paid through olotels...its kind of breaking trust of your customer....I will never ever return to this hotel and you all to be aware this doesn't happen to you as it spoils your vacation mood...

The alternative they moves us to was a cheap two star motel. Epavlis staff didn't even offer us any apology....They kept saying any ways you are staying here only for one night......worst hotel experience of my life.

6 Thank neha p
epavlis, Manager at Epavlis Hotel, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
First of all the person who is writing the review has not even set foot at the reception. We only met the husband, to whom we apologized for the inconvenience ,and to whom we gave full explanation of the reason that the overbooking happened. The truth is that we have tried to get in contact with the guest and explain the situation in advance but his reservation (even though the guest had made online), It came to us through a travel agency that would not give us his contact details. Consequently we think that the title of the review is unfair and inaccurate, since you cannot possibly have an opinion for a place that you have not actually stayed in
Now regarding the place that he was moved to, ‘’chez sophie ‘’is a 4 star equivalent in the apartments & suites category , it is ranked first in our area in the trip advisor list and he was given a family room which has in fact the same rate as the room that he has booked with us
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Located at the end of the beautiful kamari beach. Upgraded on arrival to a spa room with ocean views which was just perfect. A short 5 min stroll to tbe bars, restaurants and beach. The hotel was beautiful and so were the staff especially Christina who was always happy to help you. Buffet breakfast was great plenty of choices. At the bottom of the hill from the ancient city of thira. When I go back to Santorini I will be staying here again. Magic place.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank relle64
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a jewelry, so cosy, rooms are amasing, design is unique. as far is the best in the island, that was proof by the fact that when all the santorini remained without electricity for two days, Epavlis hotel had generator so we enjoyed our moments there. I've been many times in Santorini And I've seen many hotels, but Epavlis is definitely my favourite one. I must say as well that the staff and the owners are so kind and sweet, we left with sweet thoughts. :)

• Stayed August 2013
Bromley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Yesterday we arrived home from our 5th year of wonderful 2 week holidays in Santorini. The first year we went, we were lucky enough to have discovered a beautiful family-run hotel part way up the mountain to Ancient Thira - the Epavlis. The lovely owners took such good care of us and made us feel so welcome, that we returned. We have returned since then for the last 5 years and this year had a better time than ever. The hotel is beautiful, clean and so artistically and tastefully decorated - little touches everywhere make it unique. It's setting is stunning - the Aegean Sea below, the mountain and Ancient Thira above. Our neighbours were the birds of prey in the mountains and the stars. Breakfasts are full of variety and freshly made. Rooms are impeccably clean and well kept. Maria and Fanouris (the owners) literally do anything to make your stay relaxing and special. I have the holiday blues today and am just glad that we'll be returning again next August. This is the more-than-perfect hotel, run by the kindest, most generous hoteliers you could meet, on the most wonderful and unique island imaginable. Everyone should try and go at least once!!

Room Tip: jacuzzi rooms overlooking the sea are sensational