“Disappointed !”
Review of Epavlis Hotel

Epavlis Hotel
Ranked #35 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Was anticipating and expecting an awesome hotel after reading most of the reviews on Epavlis. However my experience was very disappointing after travelling with my family.
The pros- lovely looking clean hotel. The pool is great but whole area lacked atmosphere .
The cons-from the beginning we had a lack lustre greeting by the owner.
Placed in the furtherest room corner of hotel.
Hotel situated too far from the beach . If you have children or are elderly I would suggest you stay closer in to Kamari . The steep incline walk is tiresome if you are returning from spending day at beach or heading back after dinner.
The water from showers would fluctuate from hot and cold - drove me crazy.
Hardest bed I have ever slept on with uncomfortable pillows to match.
Ants crawling in my room.
Service poor around pool
Limited menu for lunch .
Breakfast was terrible - we were asking for bacon and we were told they had forgetten to cook.
All milk provided was UHT - revolting !

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank DGK46
epavlis, Manager at Epavlis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

We accept and take under consideration every constructive review but there are some points that we have to offer a different point of view
At the hotel’s description it is clearly stated that the hotel is above kamari bay and 150 m from the beach and since the guest has clearly checked out the reviews, we are sorry that she missed out the parts where the slight upward road is mentioned.
As for the breakfast we simply do not have bacon on everyday basis because the variety of all the other dishes provided, is preferred and greatly appreciated by the majority of the guests. In the same way of thinking we have set our snack -bar menu. We think that a home made pizza is preferable to French fries

Reviewed 22 August 2013

We have just arrived home from a family holiday at the Epavlis Hotel in Santorini. We were there for my Daughter's Wedding. What a fabulous hotel! Spotless everywhere, great pool and lovely views over Kamari and the sea. We booked a sea view room and I would definitely recommend this. Breakfast was varied and plentiful. Lunch time snacks at the hotel were very reasonably priced and perfect if you want to stay by the pool all day (toastie three euros). Santorini was without electricity for four days in total while we were there and while no one seemed to mind (holidaymakers or residents!) it was very nice to come back to a hotel with lights and air conditioning!! Staff were very helpful, especially Christina on reception. I would gladly go back to Santorini and this hotel again. Santorini is a very beautiful island with lots to see. A photographers paradise.........
My only negative of the hotel is the very slippy poolside, it is marble.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed for almost 2 weeks and were treated so kindly by all the staff and owners. The rooms and pool area were spotless and Christina was very helpful with restaurant or any other recommendations we needed.I heard from family members who stayed elsewhere that their hotel was not welcoming of family members visiting. We were there for a wedding and this would have made things very difficult but we did not have that problem.
My one complaint was that the bed was too firm. A foam top would have helped.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mfy59
Reviewed 19 August 2013

the hotel is lovely with superb views, its also spotless with a team of cleaners working all day making sure the rooms are cleaned bedding changed and all the corridors are clean to.
we cannot fault the staff and the owner of this hotel they were always very helpful and accommodating
we were there for a friends wedding, although not at the hotel itself but the staff bent over backwards to help from supplying a plate for the flowers to boxes to carry things to the venue and also helped organise a surprise treat for the happy couple, even the owner went to get her son to help me rearrange our flights when we had to cut our holiday short because of family matters.
the only down side to this hotel was its bar snacks often being told they were out of certain items when ordering, the menu wasn't a large menu so would have been easy to keep items in stock
the other point to mention is the hill great on the way down to eat but hell on the way up my calf muscles are rock solid now lol

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 60paul47
Reviewed 18 August 2013

my husband and I were quite taken away with the reviews of this hotel and thus we went ahead and reserved a superior view room for our august vacation in Santorini.....we stayed in oia for a few days and then packed our bags and reached kamari beach to stay in this hotel (with prior confirmed reservation) but when we reached reception we were shamelessly thrown away from there and they told us that they don't have any room for us and they switched us to another hotel (will get into details of that later). I was like hellooooooo.....I didn't get any email or phone call or even message stating that my reservation was cancelled and they don't have room....they were not having any answers to my questions and kept saying that we informed olotels(through which we had booked this hotel) once that we have cancelled your reservations....but then why in the 1st place they confirmed my reservation ? And friends I am telling you they cancelled my reservation last minute may be because some existing guest extended their stay and were paying may be more then what I paid through olotels...its kind of breaking trust of your customer....I will never ever return to this hotel and you all to be aware this doesn't happen to you as it spoils your vacation mood...

The alternative they moves us to was a cheap two star motel. Epavlis staff didn't even offer us any apology....They kept saying any ways you are staying here only for one night......worst hotel experience of my life.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank neha p

First of all the person who is writing the review has not even set foot at the reception. We only met the husband, to whom we apologized for the inconvenience ,and to whom we gave full explanation of the reason that the overbooking happened. The truth is that we have tried to get in contact with the guest and explain the situation in advance but his reservation (even though the guest had made online), It came to us through a travel agency that would not give us his contact details. Consequently we think that the title of the review is unfair and inaccurate, since you cannot possibly have an opinion for a place that you have not actually stayed in
Now regarding the place that he was moved to, ‘’chez sophie ‘’is a 4 star equivalent in the apartments & suites category , it is ranked first in our area in the trip advisor list and he was given a family room which has in fact the same rate as the room that he has booked with us

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Located at the end of the beautiful kamari beach. Upgraded on arrival to a spa room with ocean views which was just perfect. A short 5 min stroll to tbe bars, restaurants and beach. The hotel was beautiful and so were the staff especially Christina who was always happy to help you. Buffet breakfast was great plenty of choices. At the bottom of the hill from the ancient city of thira. When I go back to Santorini I will be staying here again. Magic place.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank relle64
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a jewelry, so cosy, rooms are amasing, design is unique. as far is the best in the island, that was proof by the fact that when all the santorini remained without electricity for two days, Epavlis hotel had generator so we enjoyed our moments there. I've been many times in Santorini And I've seen many hotels, but Epavlis is definitely my favourite one. I must say as well that the staff and the owners are so kind and sweet, we left with sweet thoughts. :)

• Stayed: August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamari
Hotel Matina
#1 of 12 in Akrotiri
Bellonias Villas
Bellonias Villas
#3 of 75 in Kamari

Been to Epavlis Hotel? Share your experiences!