“Well recommended”
Review of Atalos Suites

Atalos Suites
Ranked #7 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Cannot praise these villas enough. We were met at the airport by Gianni, we had booked two rooms and these were situated overlooking the pool area. Everywhere was clean. Rooms were more than adquate with a good kitchen and dining area as well. Very good en-suite with shower and lots of hot water. Comfortable beds. More than adequate breakfast provided including greek yoghurt, eggs, cheese and ham plus fruit and the usual cakes/ bread and jams. Gianni and his family are very helpful and pointed out different places of interest to us. Will certainly recommend and stay again when we go to Santorini.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
123at, Manager at Atalos Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Santorini and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.
It is great to see that you enjoyed in your stay with us.

If I can be of any service to you in the future do not hesitate to e-mail us at anytime.

If your travel plans bring you back to Santorini, I hope you will return and stay with us.

Best Regards

Giannis Argyros

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I stayed for my honeymoon as we had paid a fortune for our wedding, it was really all we could afford and we had high hopes mainly because at the time it had been ranked number 1 in Kamari by tripadvisor at one time which I have to say I would say is silly as there are better places! That said, these apartments are a little above average for Greece I would say but don't be getting carried away just because I have said that although they are lovely they are definitely not 4 Star or anything! They are a just a very, very nice, very clean and charming but basic apartment. This was exactly what we wanted then and if that is what you are after you will not be diappointed - we were not. It's a great base and we had a fantastic balcony one of the best we have ever had for cathing the sun. However that said, I suspect there are a lot better places in Kamari than this but that is not to say it was dreadful or anything.
We felt that because we liked Kamari so much (having been before) we would not be spending loads of time in the apartment. I have to say the trip was not great because I had a terrible stomach bug which lasted the entire week so maybe that has tainted my memory of this holiday a little. I suspect it was due to some chicken I ate one our first day at a pub on the sea front. It certainly wasn't anything I ate at the Atalos I know that for a fact because we did not eat here.
The owner was a little friendly but I feel was far more friendly to his repeat guests. This did not bother us. The pool is not huge but very pleasant and big enough to swim in and the Atalos is located really close to the bars and restaurants on the front street.
We would consider returning here again and hopefully one day soon when the Newcastle flight to Santorini will be reinstated!
Kamari is a small town but delightful and food is very Greek all over. It's not expensive but no burgers and chip here! There is a small pub/night club in the middle called the Dom club which tends to get packed mid season. Theres also some really chic bars. One especially called the Prince (dont be put off by the name) was so nice we could not resist going in every time we passed it - it was very sophisticated and did amazing food too. There were two beautiful fountains inside but these we gone on our second trip. I still say it is the best bar I have ever been to - ever, anywhere! I hope it hasn't changed when I get to go back. Oia is a gorgeous place too by the way do not miss it -take lots of money though for a trip to that part of the island!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DiscerningG66
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Booked two rooms and stayed here for 3 weeks in May last year. I could write on and on, but basically the reviews sum it up very nicely! Everything was wonderful (except maybe the breakfast, but what do you expect for so little money?). Good location, great restaurants all around, and overall great place to stay as a base to explore the island.

Giannis was very pleasant and not only picked us up at the airport he also dropped us at the dock free of charge. He was also happy to talk with us and checking to make sure that we were happy with everything, but not being intrusive in any way either.

Would highly recommend and would go back anytime!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank gohabsgo2028
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We visited Kamari beach in August and had the most memorable stay at Atalos Villas. Our family felt most welcome with Yianni and his wife being so helpful, with the wonderful breakfasts, beautiful pool and clean neat rooms. Nothing was too much trouble for them. We enjoyed our stay immensly and would not hesitate to go back there again. The location of the hotel is an awesome position close to the beach and all the restaurants and Yianni being such a good natured person even picked us up from the airport and dropped us off at the port (we went to other accommodation after that, and that service and hospitality was not available from anyone else). Thank you Yianni from Nicolaou and Marques family from South Africa.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Voula M
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Stayed here mid Sep 11 with my sister. We LOVED it. Yannis is the most amazing host. Picked us up, dropped us off. Great continental breakfast. Rooms were basic but clean and homely, great value too. The pool was magnificent. Close to everything, beach, pubs, restaurants, bus stop. Would stay here again. We stayed in the 2 bedroom.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Intrepidafrican
Reviewed 19 October 2011

I stayed here for one week all I need to say is stay in this excellent hotel the owner of the hotel is a really nice man very helpful nice and clean

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank mikechesters
Reviewed 18 October 2011

We stayed in Atalos Villas one week septemper/october 2011. Atalos Villas is like a little Village, with many different houses and narrow alleys among them. Very nice and relaxing
enviroment for holiday. Absolutely nothing bad to say!! Everything worked
perfectly and thanks to Giannis for your hospitality and being around! We
really felt us welcome!! Hope we'll meet again.

With Best wishes, Family R. from Finland

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamari
Cavo Bianco
#8 of 75 in Kamari
Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel
Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel
#1 of 21 in Firostefani

Been to Atalos Suites? Share your experiences!