Atalos Suites
US$103
US$100
US$113
US$109
Hotel Maria Preka(Kamari)(Great Value!)
US$72
Agoda.com
Sunflower Hotel(Kamari)(Great Value!)
US$63
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshis wifesmall giftthe busair conhotel ownerferry portpool areathe entire islandcleaned every daysmall kitchenettegreat holidayminute walk to the beachmain stripnice poolyogurtsanto winerybeach front
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I booked directly with Atalos Villas and received replies to all my questions quickly. I would advise anyone making bookings to do so directly with the hotel. There is generally a charge taken by on-line booking companies. With Atalos Villas there is also a free transfer to/from the airport, but I arrived via ferry from Athens. Giannis advised that he did not pick up from there but if I took a bus to Thira he would collect me from there. The bus was only 2.50Euros and a quick journey. Upon arrival I received a welcome drink, a large bottle of water and a map of the Kamari resort. I was going to a wedding later in the week and my friends were staying elsewhere. Giannis was helpful in providing me information as to where my friends were staying and where the wedding would take place.
My room was clean and air conditioned and breakfast was a delicious selection of buffet options to cater for all tastes.
I really have no faults about this hotel. I found it to be quiet and clean and friendly. My room was refreshed each day with clean sheets and towels where needed. I felt that I had lots of space and was very comfortable here. It's an attractive and small complex of studio apartments, however the rooms are very spacious. The exterior and pool area is very pretty, with blue paintwork and pink bougainvilla. Thank you to Giannis, his family and staff who were very friendly and provided a lovely holiday environment for me. If i return to Santorini I will book here again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank BexB191977
123at, Manager at Atalos Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words and excellent review.

It is always such a pleasure to learn that a guest enjoyed staying with us at Atalos Villas Hotel.

We're so glad that you loved everything about our hotel.

We appreciate your gracious words and high recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.

For any more information or inquiries please contact me and I would be happy to reply.

giannis@atalosvillas.gr

Reviewed 9 June 2012

Stay at Atalos every year in Santorini...nice quiet location, nice pool and just perfect relaxing atmosphere ... Giannis pick you up and return you to airport, no hassles with transport. No problem getting sun lounger at pool in fact some days you even get place to your self x

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank LESALEE_12
123at, Manager at Atalos Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Dear Lesley!

Thanks for taking the time to write your review.
Glad, you enjoyed your visit to the Santorini and Atalos Villas Hotel.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Santorini.

giannis@atalosvillas.gr

12.06.2012

Reviewed 3 June 2012

My wife and I spent a little over a week at Atalos Villas and found that other high ratings which it received from past visitors were entirely justified. Yes, we got the free shuttle rides to and from the ferry port, the welcome drink, and some other nice goodies that were not expected. By the time we left, we almost felt like family. When leaving for the trip, my wife over packed the suitcase and that left us with a very heavy bag. Unfortunately, in our journey, the suitcase handle jammed in the lowered position causing me to grumble and to drag the bag around looking and feeling like the hunchback of Norte Dame. The owner, Gannis (pronounced “Yannis” ), came to the rescue and miraculously fixed the handle free of charge, which was a near lifesaving event from my perspective. His wife, Irina, was also very hospitable, and made us feel very welcome. Our room was very nice, and it was kept clean with towels being washed every day. Seeing the room/apartment the first time, the one word to describe it was “charming.” We cooked a number of meals on the hotplates provided and then ate them on the nice balcony overlooking the pool and a view of the sea. The hotel is in a fairly quiet neighborhood and there was no noise at night. From our perspective, Atalos Villas is a lovely place to stay despite its inexpensive price.
Other comments: Staying in the Kamari beach area is less expensive than Fira and other towns on the other side of the island (both hotels and restaurants). However, it is easy and quick to take the bus to the other side to see the sunset and towns with Byzantine churches and old windmills. Buses are frequent, but oftentimes they leave bus stations five or more minutes before scheduled departures. Swimming shoes are a real plus on the rocky beaches including Red Sand beach on the other side of the island (there is sand, but not at the shore). Kamari beach has a lovely restaurant promenade about two kilometers long. We especially liked Navy’s since they sometimes had live music, good food and a nice staff. At Kamari, we found the best swimming area by the first artificial island on the left where there are oftentimes several small boats anchored. The better supermarkets were near the bus stop (Johnnies and ?). If one wants to cook fish, the Big discount supermarket near the soccer field had the best selection that we could find.

Room Tip: Room 12 was our room
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
123at, Manager at Atalos Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2012

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for choosing Atalos Villas for your holidays in Santorini and for writing your kind opinion in Tripadvisor.

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our service at our hotel.
The most important thing for us is that our guests are happy.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again in Santorini and at Atalos Villas Hotel.

With our best wishes

giannis@atalosvillas.gr.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

My wife and I have recently returned from Santorini and had to share our experience of the Atalos Villa's with you. We have been travelling to Santorini since 2004 and even got married on the island back in 2008 and we keep going back year after year not just for the blue domed churches' of Oia or the open air cinema in kamari but because the entire island feels like an old friend you just can't wait to meet again. We have stayed in many hotels in Kamari and have enjoyed them all but we have to say we don't think we will be looking anywhere else in future. The Atalos villa's and their wonderful host Giannis are an example to many a hotel who could learn a thing or two. Giannis is always attentive and nothing is too much trouble but never over bearing and lets you enjoy your holiday to the max. The hotel is immaculately presented and is cleaned daily including the rooms with fresh towels. The rooms are spacious and airy and ours had a small kitchenette and fridge for cooking etc, a seating area and a wonderfully comfy bed with flat screen TV, excellent Wi-Fi and great air conditioning. Rooms also had a safe (free of charge) hair dryer and a wonderful bathroom with walk in shower and sliding doors with lots of hot water. The pool is big enough to have a gentle swim and is not too deep and yo can always get a drink at the pool bar no matter what time of day and the pool only closes when you decide its too cold!! The hotel is located at the quieter end of the resort which is a little closer to the airport but the whole resort is on the flight path so thats not really an issue, there is a supermarket around the corner 5-10mins away as is the beach where there are many fine restaurants although we have to say the Poseidon Taverna on the beach front is amazing not just for the food but the service and friendly atmosphere, just ask for Costas or Dimitris and say cat and james sent you!! Also for a great night out drop in on Liz and Andy at the Groove Bar and ask for a yellow donkey, Santorini's own brewing company, its amazing!!All in all I cannot recommend this hotel enough, yes if you want boutique and a sew view and want to pay over 150 euros a night please go the Bellonias Villas as its a wonderful hotel and we spent our honeymoon there but trust me you will not beat the value for money and friendly and personal touch of the Atalos Villa's and we shall be returning next year without fail.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James-Bear
123at, Manager at Atalos Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

Dear James and Catherine,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your stay in Atalos Villas.
We love to know we have made our guests happy.
It is great pleasure for us to know that our guests have spent a great holidays in our hotel, there is nothing more important for us!
We hope to see you back in Santorini in the near future and hope you will once again choose the Atalos Villas.

With our best wishes

Reviewed 25 May 2012

In early May 2012, I stayed at Atalos with a friend. We are from Canada and were only stopping in Kamari for four nights before moving onto Imerovigili (just outside of Fira). If we knew before how good our stay was going to be, we would of never moved/booked another place. Atalos is great because it is just a short 5 minute walk away from the beach and town. Here you can take the buses to Fira (10-15 minute ride) where from there you can reach any point on the island in 30 minutes or less (it is a very compact island). Kamari is situated near Ancient Thira where we ruins await you at the top after a mountain drive/climb. The actual villas are in a very quiet area rather than nearer to the shore where music and hosts' voices shouting at you from restaurants can be noisy. Giannis was wonderful, picking us up very early in the morning after a long overnight haul from UK-Athens-Santorini. He was also very concerned about our well being and gave advice whenever he could.The general service was excellent (maid service, breakfast, advice on the island/town, etc). We stayed off season but I'm sure Giannis' place will be bumping come summer. Thanks Giannis for an amazing stay! And we will see you soon (and this time for a longer stay). - The Canadian Boys

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
123at, Manager at Atalos Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

Dear Canadian Boys!

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor.
We are delighted to see that you spent fabulous time at Atalos Villas.
Thank you once again for staying with us and hope we will see you again in future.