“Amazing Hospitality”
Review of Atalos Suites

Atalos Suites
Ranked #7 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
Reviewed 21 October 2009

We spent two nights at Atalos Villas. Giannis picked us up from the airport and gave us some orange juice and made us feel very welcome from the start. He gave us lots of information about Kamari and Santorini.

Our apartment was overlooking the pool area. It was a nice apartment with a comfortable bed and had all the amenities we needed. The apartments are fantastic value for money considering how expensive hotels are in Oia and other parts of Santorini.

I cannot say enough about the warmth and the hospitality from Giannis and his wife Irene. Giannis spent time chatting with us. We can definitely say that Atalos Villas felt like home away from home.

We HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning a visit to Santorini. It's a stone's throw from Kamari Beach and within walking distance of shops/restaurants/ rental shops etc in Kamari centre.

The only piece of advice to give anyone is that make sure you let Giannis know when you are arriving as he makes every affort to pick people up from the airport.

He and his wife work VERY hard to make sure their clients have the best holiday in Santorini.

Stay at Atalos, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 October 2009

This hotel is a lovely place to stay, the owners where very helpfull , yannis the owner took us to the airport no charge he also took us to the port for a trip we had booked, rooms where very nice. yannis offered to move us into a bigger room when we arived and he noticed we had a teenage son with us at no extra cost , breakfast was good plenty of fruit , we are going back in may. location was great only short walk to bus stop , beach and plenty of bars / restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank debrarowlad40
Reviewed 19 October 2009

Just returned from my first visit to Greece. My main objective was to visit Santorini island knowing how beautiful it is. My trip turned out to be even better in a personal sense. Stayed at Atalos Villas for 2 nights in a huge room with a balcony facing the swimming pool. The hotel owner, Giannis and his wife are the proud owner of this beautiful and well maintained property. My personal experience was when Giannis went out of his way to ensure my safely to leave the island when all ferry services were cancelled due to bad weather. He drove from the ferry port to the airport, and then ran inside to the airline ticket counter and asked for available seat for me. When I said the ticket was expensive, he didn't lose his patience. He went to another airline ticket counter and asked for the same information. There are only 2 airlines available in Sartorini. Anyway, I decided to use the first airline and proceeded with the ticketing process. Giannis was there the whole time and ensure everything was process correctly. I feel grateful that he was there and watched over me. Once I had my ticket in hand, that was when he was ready to leave. He still had to drive the Australian couple back to his hotel and let them stay there for a free night due to the bad weather. Now, do you think, you would find another hotel owner who cares about his guests as much as Giannis?

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 October 2009

I spent ten days in Santorini for my brothers wedding. I travelled with my six year old daughter for the wedding from the USA. Years ago I had visited the Greek islands however, Santorini and our stay at the Atalos exceeded our expectations. The hotel is close to the beach, within one block walking distance. The owners are friendly and only too willing to assist you with anything you may need for your stay. The pool was ideal for my daughter and they have a lovely terrace to sunbathe. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Every day our bed linen and towels were changed. For the price and service I would highly recommend the Atalos.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2009

After spending two weeks visiting the different islands of Greece by cruise ship, I wanted to find a comfortable place to stay on the island of Santorini and had the best luck in finding this place. It's clean, comfortable, and so affordable.

During the free breakfast, Giannis (the owner) asked me what my plans were for the day. Somewhat half asleep I responded that I wasn't sure. He then recommended an itinerary for the day with a visit to Perivolos, the Red Beach, the Lighthouse, Santo Winery (great sunset). He explained that I could take a bus, rent a car, or get a scooter. 5 minutes after I mentioned that I wanted to rent a quadricycle, one showed up also at a great price. Every recommendation Giannis made was top notch!

For the next two days, Giannis made recommendations, helped make dinner reservations, and really made the stay on Santorini unforgettable.

Atalos Villas is the perfect home base for the budget traveller that is exploring the island of Santorini.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank gmurob
Reviewed 16 October 2009

The owner was very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and bright with a nice little balcony. Breakfast was good and we were welcomed and treated very well. This hotel is an amazing find at a fantastic price.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnnieBoleyn
Reviewed 16 October 2009

What a nice surprise!
After a big disapointment in Athens with our booking. Atalos was a breath of fresh air.

We just had a little porblem comunicating and making sure our reservation was confirmed, but it was all sorted out.

The owner, Giannis, picked us up at the port.
With had a nice room with a balcony and a kitchen, with appliances.
The room was cleaned everyday and towels changed every other day.

Breakfast was included. It was basic but we really appreciated. Bread, butter, jam, coffee, tea, juice, yogurts...

The beach is just 400m down the street, and since Kamari is a small town, everything is pretty much at walking distance.

We were very pleased with the service at a very affordable price.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank cmcs13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamari
Hotel Matina
Santellini Boutique Hotel
Anassa Deluxe Suites
Anassa Deluxe Suites
#2 of 75 in Kamari

Been to Atalos Suites? Share your experiences!