We booked this holiday after reading the positive comments on trip advisor.Anna and Elia the owners are the kindest.. nothing a problem and very hospitable with gifts of fruit from the garden ..water melon and juicy grapes. Always willing to take you to Fira or Kamari and collect you later.
The accommodation was as expected ... fully equipped and extremely clean (was cleaned every day by a lovely cleaner who was also very helpful with travel tips). The bathroom was your usual Greek bathroom, very small and basic but everything worked and no trouble with hot water. The beds are very comfortable with air conditioning in the main bedroom.
There is an outside area in each of the apartments to sit out. The pool area was lovely with sunloungers and umbrellas. The garden was full of bright flowers and fruit trees... the bougainvillea was stunning draping over the white building. The place was really peaceful and candles were lit at night around the apartments to give added ambience.
O.k the apartments are close to the airport but we were aware of that so it wasn't a problem, it was interesting to see them land and did not affect our sleep as they fly in /take off mainly during the day and early evening.
The beach is approx. 200 metres away - the sand is coarse but is a good swim.
The resort is only 20 minutes from Fira where you can take public buses to Oia or Astrokiri. There aren't any shops locally but the owners kindly take you to Kamari to the supermarkets. There is a lovely taverna close by if you want to stay local it's right on the water's edge.
I have travelled in Greece quite a lot but have never experienced such kindness as we received from the lovely couple Anna and Elia
As a family we were quite sad to leave them in the end. Hopefully we can return.
I would recommend these apartments to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anna Traditional Apartments is a family-run complex of fully furnished traditional homes and build with love & respect to the island's tradition and architecture. Wood and stone are the main structure of the apartments. Sunbeds & tropical style umbrellas decorate the pool area. The apartments are only 80 metres from the nearest beach and there is a bus stop 100 metres from the hotel complex with a regular bus to local island destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Anna Traditional Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anna Traditional Apartments Kamari
- Anna Traditional Apartments Hotel Kamari
- Anna Traditional Apartments Santorini/Kamari