“Wonderful place to stay with 5 star hospitality”

Anna Traditional Apartments
Ranked #23 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Having read the reviews I was expecting Anna and Elias (not sure if I've spelt that right) to be good hosts but they far exceeded my expectations, They are wonderful very kind people, nothing was too much trouble, they took us to Kamari and Thira and picked us up and Anna was upset one night when we said we'd get a taxi back as we wanted to have a late night (after midnight) and we didn't want to keep her up late.
The apartments are lovely very traditional very clean, they were cleaned every day and we were given clean towels daily and the beds changed once through the week.
The pool is great and Anna would bring melon to the guests at the pool. It's a 2 minute walk from the apartments to a very quiet stretch of beach and 5 minutes to Taverna Galini who serve wonderful food and were also very friendly.
It is very near the airport and you can hear the planes coming and going but they do not fly right over the apartments so the noise was not too loud and did not bother us and it would not stop me going back which I hope to do next year with my husband.
It is one of the nicest places I've stayed in, yes it is rated as 2 stars but the hospitality we received from Anna and Elias makes it a 5 star for me.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The best hosts you could ever wish for. Picked up and taken back to the airport Also ran us to and from the supermarket and Kamari and Thira whenever we wanted to! Anna and her husband brought to our apartments, fresh figs from Annas own garden, sweet wine, biscuits and brought watermelon to the pool side - nothing was too much trouble at anytime of day. The accommodation is less than 5 minutes drive to Kamari the nearest resort, and 10 minutes to the beautiful Thira. The local Taverna (Galini) is less than 5 minutes walk away and very good! Would highly recommend this accommodation and would have no hesitation to return!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I cannot say enough about this place! Very peaceful with great rooms and excellent service from Anna and her husband. They work tirelessly to make sure each guest has a wonderful experience here in Santorini. Anna consistently asks me if I need a ride to the market or to Fira. I go for a swim about 9 AM every morning and she always brings me freshly brewed coffee and morning biscuits. Before I retire in the evening her husband asks "would you like vino?" Great way to end an evening with wine that was made locally. I would highly recommend this place due to the charming accommodations and wonderfully hospitable hosts (Anna and her husband). Would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Close to airport but planes so few not an issue, very clean and pretty boho comfy place, bus can take you to fira, oia etc, can walk to kamari beach then boat round to perrissa beach, small supermarket close by so can make use of self cater or zillions of beach or town restaurants, owners happy to run you to beach or fira.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank raima p
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have just returned from two lovely weeks in Anna and Elias' apartments. We were there for my nieces wedding so it was very special and Anna and her husband Elias made it even more special! They are a great couple and nothing is too much trouble, they truly want you to enjoy your stay and will do everything they can to ensure you do. Us smiling and happy seemed to be their mission in life whilst we were with them.
I have to say that you must remember that you are not paying 5 star prices here so please don't expect 5 star accommodation, I have given my ratings based on this.
The apartments are clean (daily cleans and towel changes) and the pictures are a true depiction of the decor. The kitchen and bathroom facilities are basic but adequate, the kitchen area consists of a hob, a kettle and a fridge, and the crockery, cutlery and glassware is certainly eclectic! The bathroom has a small hand held shower with solar powered hot water which can be a bit hit and miss and there is a distinct lack of shelf and cupboard space in there (there are hooks so my suggestion would be toiletry roll bags that hang up.
The pool is lovely and there are plenty of poolside toys, balls floats etc for the children (and adults!). Pool towels are not provided.
The grounds are very pretty with plenty of outdoor seating and loungers. We had small children in our party and it felt very safe for them.
The location is good, a walk into Kamari takes about 30 mins and the mini market is a gentle 10 minutes stroll away. There is a supermarket in Mesaria which Anna is always more than happy to run you to.
It is very close to the airport so you do see the planes at fairly close quarters but it didn't really bother us after the first initial surprise.
The beach is black sand which is quite gritty and rough therefore I would suggest a picnic blanket to sit on and beach/swim shoes are a must.
There is a Taverna a five minute walk away that serves good food and it's right on the beach. Children are welcome just about everywhere on this lovely lovely island! The locals are great!
Our party consisted of families, couples, young and more mature and all agreed the place was perfect for them.
I plan on returning here with a friend very soon!

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms seem to be better kitted out as they have recently been refurbished. The view...
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Went there for my granddaughters wedding and had a wonderful time the planes taking off and landing were an extra I thought. Anna and Elias could not do enough for us taking you where ever. I am sure they used to go around the island looking for us waifs and strays to bring us back to our apartments. The rooms where ideal and airy. The swimming was just perfect ranging from .75 to 2 metres which made it ideal for all the family. I thoroughly recommend it.

Room Tip: All rooms where good.
1  Thank Matelot1927
Reviewed 2 June 2014

A large group of us hired out the whole complex for a group holiday before 2 of the party got married at the end of the week. We were all hugely impressed! The apartments were clean and had great facilities, the pool area was gorgeous and the location convenient, being close to the airport and a number of other places.

The best part about the place, though, were the owners. Anna and her husband could not have been better. They put on a coach to pick us all up from the airport, gave us lifts anywhere we wanted, any time, regularly gave us huge platters of watermelon and free sweet wine and were generally helpful and friendly (despite not having the best English). We had a BBQ one night and Anna brought out a big platter of traditional Greek food and dips. They also put a bottle of wine and water in every apartment the day we arrived. The 2 little touches that really impressed everyone were the fact that Anna had worked out the wedding colour, yellow, and had put yellow bows on every door before we arrived, and her and her husband even drilled into the reception wall and installed a hook for the bride's dress! Then they laid out a beautiful selection of gifts for the bride and groom the day after their wedding. I can't praise them enough.

The only downsides were the intermittent hot water, the noise of the planes (though they didn't bother us too much, but it was low season so not so many flights), and the area isn't the nicest. That said, there is a lovely Taverna in walking distance, a shop, and it's so easy to get anywhere. All in all, a great place to stay at a great price

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamari
Pension George
#18 of 75 in Kamari
Roula Villa
Roula Villa
#11 of 40 in Perissa

Been to Anna Traditional Apartments? Share your experiences!