“excellent !!!!”

Anna Traditional Apartments
Ranked #24 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
Reviewed 18 September 2009

Everything was excellent . We asked to have the room from early in the morning and we had it . Although we had a rental car the owner came to pick us from the airport . The room was very very clean and very beautiful decorated .It had all the kitchen equipments and the pool was very clean . The service was perfect

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Anna Traditional Apartments

Reviewed 5 August 2009

I booked this accommodation because of the glowing reviews but the only part that matched the reviews was the service. The couple that run the place are lovely, came to guide us back from the airport although we had a rental car and were so friendly etc. I couldn`t fault them. However the room was not what I expected after reading reviews that raved about the decor and beds etc. We had booked a family room as we were travelling with 2 small children. On the internet it stated the room had a downstairs living area with sofa bed and a mezzazine with double bed. Perfect for parents who would like to have a bit of relaxation once the kids were in bed. The sofa bed was not as would be considered standard, (a sofa that becomes a proper bed) but rather an old fashioned narrow wooden bench with a thin rock hard mattress my son couldn`t fall asleep on. The mezzanine where we were sleeping was built on wooden beams that creaked so loudly at the slightest movement that the children kept getting woken up,so we ended up having to lie dead still from when they went to bed at 9pm.Not very romantic! On top of it all the bed was so short my husband (1m.85cms) couldn`t sleep with his legs straight and even I had my head just about against the headboard and I am just 1.72m. When I mentioned this to the owner he told me the bed was a standard 2 metres long?! Nevermind, we thought we would watch TV, but the reception was so bad we couldn`t get much picture. After putting the lights out and trying to sleep at 10, we were woken a half an hour later because the children couldn`t sleep they were so hot because there is only an air conditioner upstairs. We turned up the aircon and froze so at least it would be cool enough for the kids to sleep. The decor was extremely basic, there was only a tiny cuboard with no room to unpack 11 days worth of clothes for a family. The bathroom had no shelf to put a toileterie bag on and the shower was a hand held , positioned over a tiny tiled area with no shower curtain. It took us ages to get the hot water to come through as the pressure was so weak and the whole bathroom was soaked after. I am not fussy person and had I booked this room knowing it was budget basic accomodation it would have been fine, but reviews mentioning it was a fantastic place, romantic and stylish etc led to unfair expectations. I felt terrible to tell hosts the next day that we would not be staying and we moved to alternative accomodation which cost us a fortune because we still had to pay 50% cancellation fee . I feel bad writing this review because I don`t want to offend the lovely hosts. However we work hard all year to afford a wonderful relaxing and romantic holiday and booking rooms on the internet is a hit and miss affair,the only thing we have to go on is the reviews and I owe it to other young people with kids to be honest and say, if you want romance and a bit of basic comfort this wouldn`t be my choice.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
12  Thank samdesign
Reviewed 21 July 2009

Went to santorini on the ferry from the island of paros, seeing the cliffs off the boat was a brilliant experience unfortunately the hotel is not ideally placed for these sights. The most beautiful views and sights of the island are along the west coast near the volcanoe and overlooking the caldera, this hotel is placed on the eastern side of the island. Its positive points is that it is very close to a black sand beach and within close distance of the larger town of kamari. There is no regular bus service in close proximity, however, the owners of the apartments are very accomodating in offering free transport to the main town of Thira and also offering pickup later in the evening back to the hotel. This is nice as it allows you to eat out in Thira in the evening and not have to worry about transport, however, it does limit your travel options and your freedom. The appartments also have the dissadvantage of being about 300m from the airport, on any other greek island this would not be much of a problem but between the middle of june through to september planes arrive regularly, beginning early in the morning. This didnt bother us much but it may annoy many other people. The rooms in the hotel were the best we stayed in during our holiday, with a lovely bed and bathroom and kitchtte which saved us money on breakfast and lunch. It is a real pity that these beautiful appartments with such lovely accomodating owners is in an inferior location. If one wants to stay in the area that they see in photographs of santorini i would recommend staying in either Thira or in the Northern town of Oia which is the most beautiful town we saw on our greek island tour, they may be more expensive, but they would be worth it if you were considering staying for longer than a few days.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank muffinface
Reviewed 21 September 2008

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights on our honeymoon and found it to be the highlight of our 6 week tour of Europe. Talk about Grecian hospitality! Anna and her family were willing to drive us all around the island of Santorini and even come pick us back up again when we were done. They brought us a bottle of local Santorini wine from the vineyard where the husband is employed. The room was cleaned daily and Anna was sure that we had everything we needed. Though the proprieters were available, they were in no way intrusive as they spent their time at their own residence just down the road from the apartments. We stayed in a 2nd floor suite that had a lofted bedroom and private balcony that overlooked the sea. It oozed romance! It is merely a 2 minute walk from the beach although the beach and sea bottom are rocky so I defintely recommend some good water shoes. At night time we could hear plates smashing in the distance as part of some wonderful celebration while we sipped Ouzi on our balcony - if I close my eyes I can still hear them and smell the licorice scent! For the last 2 days of our stay it was only us and one other couple staying at the hotel so it was as if we had our own private resort, swimming pool and beach included. I have read the reviews that state the airport is very close and noisy. This is true but completely overshadowed by the overall experience here. As is almost expected from most of the "sour grapes" in these forums, the frequency of this disturbance has been greatly exaggerated! Don't let this deter you from booking this hotel! It is true that this is no 4 star resort but if you are looking for one of those, you will have to pay for it. At the rate Anna's charged us, (35 euro a night), this was an absolute steal of a deal! We plan to return next fall along with our extended family and share this awesome little gem with all of them. I honestly hesitate to even review this so well as I am afraid that it may be spoiled by an onslaught of visitors - call me selfish, but it is almost too good to share!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
5  Thank laurieloo82
Reviewed 4 July 2008

I stayed here in June 2008 with my fiancee and we both found the apartments excellent. The facilities are basic, but this is Greece and not a five star hotel. We stayed in a first floor suite which had a mezzane floor above. The room was clean and fresh and cleaned every day, with fresh towels everyday too. The apartments were quiet and we had the pool area to ourselves most days. Anna and her husband were both very helpful and drove us to and from the airport and then gave us a lift to the local supermarket and then into town later for our meal. They even picked us up afterwards...!!!
Yes the airport is close by and the first flights are at 6 in the morning and the last at about 11pm. To be honest I was very apprehensive about being so close to the airport but it was never an issue. If I was to have any complaints then it would be its location that it is a bit out of the town along dark narrow roads if you're walking and you will have to hire either a car or a moped to get about. But then that is what makes it an out of the way quiet location as well. Plus if you don't mind being woken by the local cockrel at 5 every morning then you'll love the place.
In all I would recommend this place for young couples or people with young children. Not suitable for teenagers as there is little for them to do locally.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Hutch66
Reviewed 4 June 2008

My niece and I stayed at Anna's Apts. in Aghia Paraskevi 9-10 and 19-22 May 2008, in a ground floor one bedroom flat near the pool and enjoyed it very much. The flat was very convenient (as I cannot easily climb stairs) and it was spotless and beautifully maintained. Very quiet too, as it was still off season and we had the pool to ourselves. Anna and Elias, the owners, were very welcoming and helpful, taking us from/to airport (though incoming flights were very late), arranging for the car rental, taking us to the nearest taverna (Galini, also to be recommended!). We had a lovely time and will definitely come back.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank SylvieAnnecy
Reviewed 15 May 2008

Terrible!
Be careful about location. It was worst holiday in my life. I was in july and I could not sleep normally because airplanes were landing every 15-25 minutes, near the house. It was 300 meters from airport area.
It is so close to airport, that you can see airplane engines from your balcony. The beach is near but it is not for relaxing and swimming. Completely useless apartments. Owners are telling the fairy about the quite place.
If you want a plane watching go there! I hope that I will be the first to tell the truth about apartments.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank popcorns
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamari
Scorpios Beach Hotel
#4 of 15 in Karteradhos
Horizon Resort
Horizon Resort
#14 of 75 in Kamari

Been to Anna Traditional Apartments? Share your experiences!