“Amazing stay”

Ranked #74 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Amazing stay”
Reviewed 24 June 2012

+The first impression of the hotel was a "warm welcome" by the receptionist. Excellent and fast service, helpful tips for the island and lovely events. Barbeque event was far the best! The hotel is located in an ideal spot, my room was accurate on was I ve seen on the internet plus the sea view from the balcony. Food, oh food!!! One of a kind, with delicious tastes and differentiation.
- Maybe the bathrooms need a little bit more attention, some changes may be required, but this is not a must.

Totally recommended!! Santorini rocks!!

Room Tip: Seaview rooms
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Paulinaus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Greek first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Just to start out, I'm not a high maintenance traveller, and has never been compelled to leave a bad review before! We stayed at Thalassa for four days in June 2012 using a half price Groupon certificate. At the price we paid, it actually wasn't too too bad, but I thought I'd leave an honest review for those who would pay full price. A few things that came up: our room stank of mold and they were unwilling to move us somewhere else, wifi only worked around reception desk, our A/C didn't work, no English channels on the TV, it took three days for them to provide us with shampoo and soap (we ended up buying our own after they brought us body lotion three different times), we were promised a welcome drink and fruit basket which never arrived despite asking a few times, the dinner was plentiful but very cheap and had poor selection with the half board program (one night we had a lettuce salad, just shredded lettuce, oil and vinegrette). Also, you should know that the airport is right beside the hotel so it's VERY loud when planes leave/arrive (about 10 a day in the off season). Again, because we were paying half price ($300 for two people halfboard and three nights), it was fine, but I would never pay full price or close to it for this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
27 Thank marygold99

Travellers are raving about these Kamari hotels

Salford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We were a family of 4 adults and three children.The rooms were large with most amenities expected, there was a kitchen with fridge. Our rooms were directly overlooking the large pool with a children`s section. The hotel overlooks the beach which is mainly pebble, but this did not stop anyone from swimming in the sea, snorkling and generally enjoying the beach which provided sunbeds with parasols. The staff in reception Athina and Mimosa were very helpful.
It was a l0 minute walk into Kamari.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and if there are two of you get a superior double. A family need a suite or apart...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Livelygadabouts
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I stayed here with a wedding party in September 2011 and we got off to a bad start. The resort requested my credit card details be sent to them in a form via email to secure the booking. Repeatedly, I sent the details and often different people responded saying the email hadn't been received or it'd been received without the attachment, sometimes I got no response to emails. In addition to the total lack of security of emailing one's credit card details, the real issue was the poor communication and the fact that different managers were emailing me without knowing what the other had said or checking to see if I'd already emailed them what they'd requested. It took about 7 or 8 emails to finally resolve this issue and secure my booking.

This poor start notwithstanding, I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel when I finally arrived.

The Good - The hotel is a short cab ride from the airport. The island is beautiful and the hotel, in particular, the communal areas like the pool, the dining area are postcard pretty. The staff were really welcoming and I was greeted by a glass of ouzo on my arrival. My room was on the same level as reception which mean I could access the lobby wifi in my room. (I think for most wifi access is only in the lobby). And I also used their spa services and had a massage which was excellent and good value for money.

The Not So Good - The room was small but serviceable but the shower and toilet could have done with more intense cleaning and the shower drainage was a bit temperamental.
The hotel is quite close to the airport flight path so at particular times of the day there was some nice, though not much.

Overall this hotel has such potential to be really lovely with a bit more attention to sprucing up the rooms and keeping them spotlessly clean. The booking system via the hotel email form is also totally out of date and hopefully that has changed by now to a much safer and more secure way to exchange credit card details.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Girl5678
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 June 2012

This was a great hotel for the price. The outside areas (pool, restuarant, beach etc) are lovely - absolutely beautiful - though the pool is very cold!! Maybe it's better in the height of summer though. The rooms were okay, a little shabby (ie a few lightbulbs out, remote for tv didn't work) but they're comfortable enough. The food is fabulous - we had dinner and brekkie (which is included) at the resort, which you can eat out near the beach. The staff were all very, very helpful and Kamari is a lovely place to stay. You are out of the main Fira/Oia area, but that suited us nicely. The main Kamari shops is a short walk away, and we rented a Quadbike to head to Fira, which is only 20 minutes or so, so even shorter by car or bus.

When it's open (as of June 1st) the open air cinema is very close, and the volcanic beach and Ancient Thira are also on your doorstep, as are a few wineries. Anything we asked of the staff was sorted out immediately, and they even threw a fun BBQ for Eurovision ;)

There are planes that fly overhead, being so close to the airport, but reading the reviews before I went I expected them to be much more frequent than they were. One woke me up at around 6.30am and I was worried i'd hear them every morning, but that was it for morning planes.

It's very easy to grab a taxi from the airport, and it cost us 15 euros one way. All in all a lovely stay - we were sad to leave beautiful Santorini!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank meaganalexandra
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2012

2 weeks spent at the Thalassa was just what the Dr ordered!
Santorini is beautiful. The position of the Thalassa is good, a short walk from the bars and resaurants and shops, directly onto the beach, great pools, friendly staff, beautifully cooked food, ideal buffet breakfast.
Our Suite we found out from the owner was his room during the winter months. Panaoramic views of the beach & a large private veranda over looking the pool & beach!
A cocktail every evening at the beach bar after a leisurely 3 course evening meal with local wine was dreamy watching the sun set.
i had a manicure and my eyebrows threaded by Maria in the Spa. Gorgeous happy girl.
Cannot fault our stay at the hotel.
I highly recommend Santorini for a romantic Break away; its all about the view, the sunset, the food & wine & the sunshine.
We went with Thomas Cook & booked a few trips:
Sunset cruise
Wine tasting & tour of Fira
Greek night at near by Demitris Bar

Its a fairly exclusive Island, so u need plenty of cash. We found being half board helpful. Go at least B&B to save some pennies.

Room Tip: Room 57 Has the best panoramic view of the beach and a private veranda in the whole hotel! Plenty of...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Dorset
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Like some others this was not the hotel which we booked, but due to weather incident our original hotel was not available. I think however this was a bonus as Kamari is a nice resort to stay in the early quiet part of the season.
Nice room overlooking sea with wonderful sunrise, then down to breakfast, excellent all you would want from 08.00 till 12.00.
Beach is not great, typically Santorini black stones, but this is off set by very pleasant pool which would be easy to sit around all day.
We found staff very friendly and attentive, no hassle or pressure to leave room on last day.
Kamari is a nice village with all the usual bars, restaurants and shops very convenient but not too close to be disrupting.
WiFi works at most locations apart from room, around the pool is excellent and with unending supply of clean towels, where else would you want to go.
Would stay again if returning to Santorini. The location is very convenient for arrival or departure from airport partic if you choose to split holiday with another hotel on island as we did.

Room Tip: Book a room with sea view
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamari
Mediterranean Beach Resort
#19 of 75 in Kamari
Epavlis Hotel
Epavlis Hotel
#31 of 75 in Kamari

Been to Thalassa Sea Side Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!