We booked a 5 night holiday at Thalassa through Cudo and I was really looking forward to it - until I read some not so favourable reviews on here. None the less, we decided not to let it cloud our expectations and went in with the bar 'lowered' to counter any disappointment!
We arrived the first evening to find that there had been some 'plumbing issues' at the hotel and we had been moved to a hotel over the road - the room at the alternate hotel was the size of a broom closet and we could see the airport runway from the balcony... Not a great start. We tried not to become discouraged, as it was only for one night and they reassured us we would be upgraded to a better room at Thalassa the next day. True to their word, we were up graded to a lovely suite that overlooked the beach.... FABULOUS! We spent the next three nights here and were tremendously happy - despite a dodgy internet connection and the dreaded early morning flights landing (what seemed to be directly on top of us)! The staff were friendly and very helpful - and very apologetic about the rocky start to our stay - so much it seemed that they offered us another 'upgrade' to their sister hotel on the other side of the island. We didn't really want to move from where we were, but after some thought, we decided to accept their offer as it would allow us to view a Santorini sunset which were yet to experience. (What a disastrous decision that turned out to be! - I will save comment for a review on that hotel specifically).
A few things to be aware of with this hotel:
1. It is older and the rooms are quite basic, but ours was clean and comfortable.
2 The hotel is literally at the end of the airport runway. The flights seemed to be mainly in the morning and afternoon / evening - and funnily enough, we did get used to it!
3. Our breakfast and dinner was included in our room rate - the food on offer was also quite basic, and after the first couple of nights we decided to eat dinner at one of the other restaurants in Kamari (lots to choose from and fabulous food)! We're not big breakfast eaters, so the breakfast they had on offer was sufficient.
4. The majority of guests when we were there appeared to be Russian - so all TV / information sessions seemed to be geared towards these guests - I heard someone refer to it as a poor mans Russian Club Med... whatever that means!?
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Thalassa Sea Side Resort & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thalassa Sea Side Resort And Suites
- Thalassa Sea Side Hotel Kamari
- Thalassa Sea Side Kamari
- Thalassa Sea Side Resort & Suites Santorini/Kamari