“Worst Bargain Ever!!!”

Hotel Anastasia Santorini
Ranked #69 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I just camelback from a family vacation in Greece. I feel compelled to write this review to prevent any bargain shopper from going to this hotel. I found this hotel while on a web search and read couple of inaccurate good reviews, but found out from my own experience that the adjective "good" has a VERY different meaning to different people. First of all, it was a horrible experience from the first day. Our room was horrible stunk so bad, I couldn't figure out if it was cigarette smell or what?...Little that we know when we camelback later at night after strolling around town, the room didn't have air conditioning it had a unit, but it was decoration, my guess. My son and I weren't able to sleep because the room felt as if we were in a sauna and don't forget the smell, it was horrible!!!!!!!.The room had a phone, a rotary phone that didn't even worked,The beds are quite small and VERY uncomfortable, the bathroom is also EXTREMELY SMALL and it has a very strange design, the floor gets wet all over because there are no shower curtains nor doors. The staff is not very friendly except for the first day. We were switched to a different room the second day, but it wasn't any better, it did have an air conditioning, but it didn't cool the room lower than 78F, the room still felt very hot.
Worst experience, I needed to make a phone call and was not able because the rotary phone in my room didn't work. Told the manager the next day and he kept telling me that the phone did work and after he came to the room and found out that the phone didn't work, he allowed me to use his phone.....how nice I thought.....until he slapped me with a 12 Euros bill for such a nice gesture!!!! for a two minutes phone call. Breakfast is not free and it isn't much. Extremely strict with the schedule to serve breakfast, I was late few minutes (maybe five) one day and the woman as she was putting the stuff away, told me it was over, a major inconvenience as I have to get dress and go out and find a restaurant to eat something. She couldn't even offer me a cup of coffee for God sake!!!!. I have found better bargains than this one

Room Tip: Make sure to go and check your room really well before and try the air conditioning and the phone to...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Gloria H
VasVal, Manager at Hotel Anastasia Santorini, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2013

Hello mrs Gloria ! First of all you didn't asked for the remote control of the aircondition the first night...second when you use it , the second night , you can't put it on heating...you burn it...
so we have a 400 euro damage that we didn't asked from you to pay...
The telephone costed 2.5 euro to a mobile phone ...the rest was the bar bill...who you try to not pay , for the breakfast you believed that the time was 9.00am but was near to11.00am...
Those not very friendly staff let you have a shower at 5.00pm last day and offers free beers to your son...usally i don't answer to the rewiews but you must change your character...
like your votes...
Vassilis Valellis
Valeli Irini s.a

Reviewed 8 October 2012

If your looking for a smallish hotel with good service, nice guests and a happy family atmosphere then you couldnt do better than this place. We had a very happy week with the kids playing with new found friends in the pool each day. The daily announcement by the barman of "Happy Hour - everybody be happy" basically summed it up! Rooms are very clean. Service is very friendly, beach is about 15 mins walk. Our only suggestion would be that they use fitted sheets that, err, fit as their current choice of bed sheets can result in you waking on a bare mattress (but maybe not everyone spins as much in their sleep!) And don't expect culinary brilliance. Some dishes are nice others are okay. Its food to fill you up rather than to marvel at. But we would definitely go again for a kid friendly happy holiday. And you should to.

Room Tip: Depends what you want. If you like a sea view then you get the busy road thrown in. But I would go f...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Fulfie
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We booked the Anastasia through Asda Travel. Ten minutes walk from the beach means the Anastasia is calmly quiet, set in its own land. It has a nice pool and bar though we opted for the beach and swimming in the sea. We had an upstairs room witt a sea view balcony. The room had air con, we got dress towels daily and there was , unusually for Greek hotels, a shower basin and curtain so none of the usual Greek 'wet room' issues. Why they couldn't provide a hanger for the shower head I don't know but it seems this is the Grek way. We had breakfasts included that were simple, bread, cheese, ham, coffee, yogurt, cereal etc, but lovely as it was served by the pool. Very relaxed, clean and convenient offering value for money in Santorini which is usually a little more expensive than other islands. We would certainly use the Anastasia again and you can arrange airport transfers with them directly.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sicane
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I would very much like to go back to thos hotel. It is mice, clean, with a friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Me and my husband went to Santorini in May 2012. This was his 3rd time in Santorini and my first. We chose hoteö Anastasia for it`s price. I contacted the hotel in advance, and asked if they would pick us up from the airport and take us to hotel. When we arrived to the airport, there was our ride, and it only took about 5 minutes to get to the hotel.
Our room was wery nice and clean, and I loved the big balcony! It was huge!
Hotel staff told us everything we needed to know about Santorini, and gave us a map and marked every place in to the map.
The holiday was perfect, and the hotel was perfect and everybody was really nice to us.
I really recommend this hotel to all of you, who are thinking about staying in Hotel Anastasia. Perfect room, nice pool and poolbar and lovely staff.
I will use this hotel, if I go back to Santorini.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katri84
Reviewed 2 September 2011

this was a perfecet hotel for my family.during the stay we had a very relaxing time.
the rooms were very nice and clean.
the food was great.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank many t
Reviewed 2 August 2011

The hotel owners were SO nice, pleasant, welcoming and friendly. They knew us by name, said hello and made us a drink as we walked up the driveway each afternoon. The room, hotel, pool and grounds were clean and well tended. I felt as though I was staying more in a bed and breakfast than a hotel. This building is small and quiet and makes you feel like you are staying at a friends home rather than a huge corporate hotel.
On our last day, although our flights didnt leave until late in the evening, we still had to check out of the hotel in the morning, so the owner of the hotel allowed us to keep our luggage in the lobby (living room) and use the pool all day, get drinks from their bar, use the hot showers in the first floor, or the outdoor showers by the pool. He was so happy to share his space with us as long as we wanted to be there. We felt completely taken care of. What a wonderful place to stay in Kamari. If I ever go back to Santorini, I will definately go back to Hotel Anastasia.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EmilyandThomas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamari
Sigalas Hotel
#2 of 40 in Perissa
Cavo Bianco
Cavo Bianco
#3 of 75 in Kamari

Been to Hotel Anastasia Santorini? Share your experiences!