“must stay here again”

Eugenia Hotel & Apartments
Eugenia Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #65 of 73 Hotels in Laganas
Reviewed 24 December 2008

Sorry this review is a bit late.

I stayed at the Evegnia Studios on 12th October 2008. I went by myself and as I have travelled to other places on my own wasn't too worried. I was only slightly concerned about Laganas as a resort. Well all I can say I was worried for no reason.

I had a GREAT time. I made some lovely friends with people in the other rooms.

My room was spacious, clean and had a shared balcony over looking the pool. It had the basic two rings, a kettle and the usual utensils to make a snack. The bathroom had a shower but no curtain so the water went all over the place so I just to put a towel on the floor and that soon sorted it out. The cleaner came i daily to sweep the room and the balcony and had a towel change twice.

There is bar on site and you always felt welcome in there. The drinks were reasonably priced as well. The supermaket on site was running low on items and as it was getting toward the end of the season the owner wasn't replacing the stock as she would have to throw away any unsold fresh stuff. People who liked beer were able to get it dirt cheap from her though as she was practically giving it away.

As other people have said the studios are in an ideal location - close enough to the beach and nigthlife without the noise of the bars and clubs.

A lot of the bars and clubs were closing as it was late in the season and places like the Waikiki, Blues Brothers, Baywatch were already closed. The ones that were open like the Fishbowl, Reflex were very good.

Eating out wasn't a problem as quite a lot of the restaurants were open. I don't cook on holidays so always had breakfast and lunch at any of the cafe on the beach - all reasonably priced.

Dinner was always at the Med Version which is near to the Studios but still on the beach. This restaurant looks expensive but isn't and the food was FANTASTIC.

The only other place I tried for dinner was the Horizon where one night I went with girls from Rooms 4 and 12 and a friend of theirs who was staying in Plaza II. The food was very good and they had Greek dancing at 9pm in which you could join. I had such a lovely time.

I also took the local bus to Zante Town which you can catch from Lagana beach and get off at the bus terminus in Zante and then just walk into town. It's well posted you so can't get lost. In the town you can take a "Noddy Train" so you can see all the sites.

All in I had a great time. I would go to Laganas again but in September as the weather can be a bit iffy in October and I was very fortunate to get hot sunny days. Plus I think if you leave it any later Laganas probably resembles a ghost town - like in the old Westerns you may expect to see a ball of tumbleweed rolling down bar street.

Joking aside Zante is one Island where if you are going to go off-season then stay in Laganas. People who were staying in other resorts were saying theire resorts were way too quiet.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 September 2008

It was my first all girls holiday all being aged 17 to 18. After reading some of the reviews left on this and other sites I was not too optomistic going to this fabulous island! When we arrived it was nothing like we expected. The staff and reps were all firendly and helpful and spoke fluent English which was a big help.

We had 2 rooms for 4 persons. They were basic but perfect for the partying holiday that we had in mind. We had two oven rings, kettle and a sink with plenty of storage space for clothes etc. The bathroom was small but the lack of shower curtain made bath time that extra bit more difficult! The rooms were clean upon arrival and the maids were very efficient. Even when we were to tired to be moved after a good night out they came back later of left clean sheets for us when we had the strength get up! One of the rooms with the balcony had a tidy table and chairs set which was useful for drying out clothes and for when it got too hot which it always did! The poor was simple but what was expected. It was closed for a couple of days due to broken glass in the bottom of the pool but were welcomed into neighbouring hotels pools. Otherwise it was fun and very useful when it was too hot and needed to cool down.

The location was perfect as it was a secong walk to the beach and a little further to the 'stripe' where all the nightlife and shops are located. However you could still get a good nights sleep without hearing any loud noise. The nightlife was amazing. There are endless numbers of clubs and bars all serving cheap drinks and deals with great music. People friendly and all out to have a good time unlike the fighting and arguing that I was informed of beforehand.

There are loads of things to do except drinking and partying. We did go to the waterpark but it was disapointing, not what we expected at all. However we went to St Nicholas beach which was a 30 minute taxi ride which was about 25 euros. There we did some watersports which were hilarious and for all ages to enjoy. Also haggling with the man who sold the tickets can get you a cheaper deal aswell! There were many parties to go to which started quite early but sent you off on a good foot for going out afterwards.

The best holiday ever and am definately coming back next year! Do not believe everything you read, come and find out for yourself!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2008

i am just writing a review so that any1 who is booked into stayin at evengia studios Laganas just to tell you what it is like and the problems me and my boyfriend had since we were there for 2 weeks from 12thJune 08 and would not reccomend it to any1!!!! Because......

first of all there was 4 rooms we booked for me and my boyfriends , his parents, his auntie and uncle, and brother and friend we were stated we would all be next to each other as requested it was his brothers bday and would like to be close for get togethers.....But we wasnt, we all was seperated over the hotel

Rooms are very very basic we had two singles bed we had to push together coz they said they only had 1 room out the 25 with double bed and was taken so we all had 2 push them 2geva.....so called bath room was horrible i coudlnt believe it the whole holiday are appartment smelt of sewers and rotten eggs and the toilet wouldnt flush properly... everytime we has a shower due to there bein no rails up the bathroom just flooded and took hours to get rid of coz have a drain that is the size of a roll of selotape and that flooded after about 5 mins of you being in the shower.... the shower was never a good temperature was eitha very hot or freezing luckily cold was ok coz we was hot!! lol

Something you dont expect to happen when you on holiday is that your rooms trys to get broken into.... Well it did i have pictures if you want to see as i took for evidence so just email me and i will send em through to you.... there was rumors all around studio of rooms gettin broke into we spoke 2 a group of girls who on there 2nd day of 2 week holiday had there whole case stolen and door was kicked down after them being gone for bout hour jus wen they went to get water and food!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! and then in the second week of holiday these lads from Wales had there passports and money took on there first day! i just couldnt believe this was all happenin i was lookin 4ward soo much for my holiday but was turnin in to a night mare....1 night me and my boyfriend were so scared to stay in the room coz all the break ins going on during the day and night! we slept on the beach and the Reps and Mangers of studios did nothing atall about it all they said was that the person had been caught.... but ovbiuosly not or it woudlnt still happen would it.

The pool was disgustin we wouldnt dare go in the mould and slim around side was thick green and so many bugs you lost count! it was even shut 4 5 days of our holiday due to faults and was so dirty took them that long to sort it but still wasnt nice when they had finished

On a good note the clubs were all brilliant and weather was lovely was good location for beach and strip and i would def go back but no where near evengia studios!!!....

Feel free to email and il send pictures of door and u can see for you self the damager they did...i have attached a couple on here tho

Sian

• Stayed: June 2008
2  Thank siany89
Reviewed 16 June 2008

I have just come back from the Evgenia Studios, having gone with 3 of my friends for a week.

Before going we read some bad reviews of the hotel. so we were dreading going.

We have had a fab time, we really enjoyed it. The studios are about a 2 minute walk from the beach and about a 10 minute walk to the strip, which was good as we were close enough to walk there on a night out, but couldn't hear the loud music at night.

The hotel is very basic, with just a bed, a kitchen area and a bathroom, but they are cleaned every day, and it's all you'd expect in Greece.

If you can request a room, choose room 106, it has a great big balcony and a fab view of the sea.

The staff at the hotel are so friendly, Augustine the security guard was lovely, when we came back after a night out, we would stop and chat with him. Every night we went for a drink in the bar with the staff before heading for a night out, Costas the bar man always gave us free shots, he also let us behind the dj booth to pick out songs.
There is a shop at the hotel which was very handy.

The only downfall was the pool, it was cleaned every night, but the sides of it was a bit rusty, but other than that the pool area was nice.

Our rep Deb was fab, she couldn't of been more helpful, she told us all the best places to go out to and told us what excursions are best.
We hired a car for the day, which was only 35 Euros for 24hours. We drove down to Nicholas Beach, which was very easy to find, it was my first time driving on the other side of the road, but it was quite easy to get used to.

I recommend going to St Nicholas beach as thats where they have the motorised water sports.

Me and my friends have had a great holiday and we are going to stay at the Evgenia Studios again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2008

We stayed at the EVGENIA studios in laganas, Zante between 2nd and 9th May and had the best time ever. We booked through olympic holidays and found that they offered a great service to us.
When we first arrived at Evgenia studios at 7am in the morning we were slightly worried as the pool looked like a bomb site and was empty and dirty but after speaking to our very helpful Rep, Debra, she told us that the pool would be filled within a couple of days as it was only the first week of the season and hadn't been done yet...we were dissapointed however that Olympic hadnt informed us about there being no pool until the 4th may!

The location of the studios could not be better...we could see the beach from out studio on the 2nd floor and was literally 2 mins walk away. There was a supermarket attached to the studio bar area and an indian behind the studios that was very reasonable in price. The main lively strip of laganas (accessable via the beach) was about 5 mins away which was nice because you couldnt hear the noise from the studios but you could get to it easilly and with a nice view on the way.

The people at Evgenia couldnt have been nicer! They were so helpful and friendly and even the Greek bar assistants tried to have an english conversation with you! The shop owners were english which was really helpful! The rep was awesome and was always available at the times she stated for any queries and to book trips etc...

We did find Evgenia slighlty noisy during the night with people coming in at all hours from a night out but this was to be expected! We are glad we went before the season properly kicked in because after speaking to others that lived and worked there they said laganas is crazy over the main season months...IE:- really noisy and trouble starts in bars! We were there when people were just arriving and bars weren't too packed so we were really please we also got spaces on the beach that were quiet!

Don't stick to laganas if you go to Zakynthos - the island is so beautiful you just have to have a look around! We hired a quad bike to get around the island and saw over 5 beaches altogether the best beach being "ST Nicholas" which we visited 3 times in a week - its gorgeous and a muct see!!
Make sure that you book the trip to "smugglers cove" the scenery on the way is amazing and the sea when you get there will be the bbluest you have ever seen! Take your camera too!

Overall our holiday at Laganas in zante was fantastic and we loved every day and night at a reasonable cost!
We would not go during peak season but would definately go at the beginning of may again and maybe september as in these months it's still hot aswell...it reached 27 when we were there last week on 5th may!

:) thankyou for reading please feel free to ask me any questions and ill be happy to try and help!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends