“Disgrace”

and 1 more site!
Dimis Apartments & Studios
“Disgrace”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Pepes poo bar, What a joke.The local roid head pepe seems to be incharge of this dump they call a hotel is to say the least a maniac. He was rude an aggressive through out our stay. His finest moment in our 1 week stay was smashing a chair to pieces and offering to fight 3 ov my friends " off the record" in his words. Apart from Pepes rancid little pool bar. The rooms were filthy, instead ov having a key to enter my room as me and my mate had 1 between 2 I used a spoon, the doors had been prized open so many times u could fit cutlery in the gap and open ur door when it was locked. On our last day we asked to book a taxi to the airport, they said come bk when it's time to go. We came down to reception at 4am the guy suppossed to be in charge passed out drunk on a sofa, couldn't wake him so had to go behind the desk help our self to our passports while sifting through all the other guests and leave. Pay a bit extra.... Do not stay here

1 Thank Wanabettahol

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Well what can I say... On arrival we were met by guys on steroids clearly bullying you into collecting all passports from everyone. We then found our rooms had yellow stained sheets which could be whatever the imagination wants to believe... Then we witnessed beppe the manager physically force a lad to the ground for complaining there was something in his food, this ended in two arrests not surprisingly the locals got off, there were groups of locals all at the entrance in peds wearing little more than cloth over there privates area and lads in the tiniest briefs leaving all to be seen which put me off staying in the hotel. There was noise all night long, banging from rooms next door like loud thuds, we lasted three days then flew home after beppe groped customers, if your into partying its fine if you want to enjoy there quiet strip of Zante go elsewhere!!!!!!!

1 Thank Rdhi88888
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The hotel overall was very poor, dingy and depressing. We accepted this as it was cheap and we were out most of the day and night. However, what we experienced on the second day was truly shocking - I ordered a salad from pepe's pool bar and I noticed there was poo in it. Pepe's pool bar! More like pepe's POO bar!

2 Thank Jg100000000

Travellers are raving about these Laganas hotels

αθηνα
Reviewed 30 August 2013

You must have patience to read this review. please. When we arrived there, we were waiting for 2 hours to take the room. Finally they told us that we don t have a room and we have to wait....5 hours later we go to the room and it was simply.....horrible...The beds were dirty, the door was broken, the furniture damaged, the window broken, the floor awful. After 15 minutes we left from the room and go to another hotel. Don t ruined your holiday!

Room Tip: just don t go there~!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sergios m
Berwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Me and my 3 friends (girls) arrived at the Dimis early in the morning around 6.30am to be told we would have to wait to be let into our room, have to say we were a little annoyed although someone turned up within moments. We arrived not knowing what to expect as like most others we had read the hurrendous reviews on here. I went with a group of girls and none of us had any problems at all when we were there. Our rooms had plenty space for 4 of us to stay and our bed linen was clean enough and was replaced through the week, even though we did have to ask. I suppose all of the bad reviews on here have you prepared for a real dive so thanks to the people that have came on here to moan and pull the place down as it was nowhere near as bad as people have made out. The pool bar staff are brilliant, really freindly and make the effort with everyone staying there! There are some funny smells going on but our hotel was not the only place this happend! To anyone that is booked up to stay here in the near future DO NOT PANIC! Ignore all of the bad reviews, we had a really good stay! If youre going to Zante to party and have a good time then you wont be that botherd about where youre staying.

Room Tip: I noticed rooms on the top floor had bigger balconys.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank loranewcastle
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Arrived at 4am to Zante airport, took a taxi to the hotel as me and my boyfriend was allocation on arrival, cost €20 which was far too expensive. When my boyfriend and I arrived at the hotel, there was 2 security guards sipping at a Smirnoff vodka bottle playing card games. Whilst plastic bags floated around in the pool and 2 lads were asleep on the red broken sofas in the lounge. As we got a taxi to the hotel, the two of us had arrived earlier than anyone else. I have personally been to Zante 6 times before and can truthfully say this hotel was in the ghetto, i had never even heard of it would not feel safe and didn't feel safe.
When we got service at the desk, the man could speak VERY broken English, he showed us a piece of paper which our names weren't even on the list but that didn't seem to be a problem, so we gave in a passport even though we were really reluctant and was given the key to room 35.

The room numbers are written on the wall in eyeliner, sending you to the top of the hotel (with no lift) only to be crossed out and send you back down. When we both managed to be on the right level it was decorated with blue lynx shower gel up the wall I presumed some drunk had decided themselves as a Picasso,oh and some bloody sheets with a used condom i accidentally wheeled my suitcase through. we walked down to find room 34, a room with no number which looked like the cleaners cupboard and room 36. We were in the cleaners cupboard. My stomach turned over as my boyfriend put the key in the door and it unlocked, although when the door opened the lock had been stuffed with tissue so no one could look in and the wood on the door made it clear the room had already been broken into.
We were greeted with a wee already in the toilet, our shower frame hanging down from the wall and when I switched the light switch the light fell off the wall and was hanging from its wires!
The rep we delt with was rude and unreasonable, it was like being stuck in a prison in a country where no one understood what you was saying. We were given the options by the rep at 4am we could wait until 12 to be moved to another room or at 7pm see any options to move hotel and pay extra.
As we got changed and went down to the beach to wait for our friend who owns a bar there. We had to walk down the strip greeted by stray dogs and one girl being sick near what looked to be an abandoned water park.
I'd never seen zante like this before, made my holiday to magaluf last year seem like pure luxury!
All I have left to say is, if you don't take notice of the reviews or get allocation on arrival I still feel genuinely sorry for you. No one should stay there except the managers of the holiday company's who can still classify this as a hotel. For an extra €10 a night we found a beautiful apartment available advertised in a supermarket. We couldn't get back to the dimis soon enough to pick up our stuff and get out! When we went to the pool bar to get our passport from the man in charge we had to wait as he was pre occupied filling the spirit bottles with something. Zante, laganas is the most beautiful place I have been coming for years and never doubted our accommodation because its always been so lovely but that hotel, it wasn't a hotel.. It was prison.
Don't make the mistake we did!

2 Thank Loopyloo1994
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Arrived very early in the morning,tired & just wanting to sleep.Walking to our room we came across a pile of dirty sheets just in a corner and the smell of poo as we went across the corridor.Just as we arrived outside our room a girl said we had the worst one but I said I doubt its that bad (I was wrong) we had two low beds,only one pillow between the two,no balcony,just a tiny square window which anyone passing by could look in easily and no fridge or anything.It literally looked like they had an empty room that they just shoved two beds into so they could get money from it.I was not happy with the room at all so went back to reception and asked for a new room,he said they didn't have anything for two days so we'd have to make do.I figured we'd only be sleeping in the room so I agreed to put up with it.I also asked for another pillow as we only had one,he said he'd bring it up...he never did so my friend had to use a towel. We were moved to our new room a couple days later,it was better but again not great.Our fridge wasn't working in this room and it smelled rotten. Also our toilet flush didn't work and we were right by reception so we heard everyone at all times of the day/night.The sheets were dirty and the walls had marks on them.
A positive about the Dimis is the pool area, the staff are nice enough and the food/drink is reasonable and nice. The pools are nice although at least half the sunbeds are broken so you got to nab the good ones quick. The Dimis is a good 20 minute walk from the strip and a way away from the beach. I would advise staying elsewhere purely for distance as it really did feel far out. Zante itself is amazing and I do understand that we didn't pay mega bucks for this hotel, however it just made me realise that paying a lil more would have meant we could have had a nicer hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends