“Decent hotel with Great location”
Review of Sunshine Hotel

Sunshine Hotel
Ranked #23 of 73 Hotels in Laganas
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Went on lads holiday for a week in July 14. This hotel exceeded everyones expectations, staff were really nice - however hotel policy is to charge 50€ deposit per room before the paint party so bed sheets and towels can be inspected, easily avoided by going straight in the shower anyway! Pool area is really good and bar is great for food after waking up. Rooms are basic but what you'd expect, bonus was having a fridge.
Would definitely recommend this hotel, location is perfect being a 5 minute walk from the strip and 3 minute walk to the beach! Also having a supermarket less than 30 seconds outside the hotel is so good, went everyday to buy bottles of water and pre drinks. Would definitely return to Zante and this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room
2  Thank Bedford04

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel with my friend, we are both 18. We were impressed with the hotel given we had paid only £425 for two weeks. From talking to others, our hotel sounded the nicest! The hotel is in an excellent location from the strip and beach, and there is a shop very close by the hotel which sells everything you could need.

The hotel itself was very clean and the staff were friendly enough, however friends we had made had bad experiences with them. One of the owners accused a lad of crashing into his "daughters car" on his bike, when he definitly hadn't. Before going on a night out I would advise leaving your room key at reception incase it is lost. However be careful as us and another group got accused of losing our keys and "must pay €50 for a new one" when later they realised they had it all along.

The hotel has a strict policy on bringing guests back at a cost of €30 I think. However, this makes the hotel a safe place and is a good thing I think. I would also be careful walking to the strip as we were told by promoters that the road was known as "rape alley". My friend was on her own walking home and got cornered by 2 Greek boy racers.

The rooms have air-con at a cost of €6 a day. We got a refund on ours as it was not needed! The rooms are perfect for what you need them for. However, the shower doesn't stay at a constant temperature and isn't very powerful. Also our light in the bathroom was always flickering and the hotel did nothing about it.

The food at the pool bar was perfect for when you're hungover and was very cheap too, never ate anywhere else! The bar woman was lovely and had a very fast service. The swimming pool was a decent size and was deep which is always good! There was plenty sun lounges for everyone.

I felt like the hotel looked down on the younger generation and treated them differently to other people who tend to return each year. I know this is understandable but it was very noticeable. Also be aware they give "warnings" and keep a tally so try not to be loud! (It was like being at school!)

I thought the rep could've been more helpful and I rarely remember seeing him in the hotel! I took Ill whilst on holiday and ended up in hospital and it would've been beneficial to speak to someone English who could've helped me out but he was useless! (Apparently the bar crawl he takes you on isn't very good!)

The nightlife itself was really good even when going out sober because I was Ill! I would recommend rescue, zeros, linekers, sin city and the indie bar. Events such as pure Zante and the white party I would also recommend! We also went to the water park for €20 and had a great time.

All in all I would recommend this hotel and would stay at it again, just be careful not to get mugged off! It has a perfect location and is just what you need for a party holiday! (I wouldn't recommend staying for 2 weeks and over dooing it on the laughing gas and cheap alcohol, 10 days max!)

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank KelC1
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This was my 6th visit to Sunshine Studios. The staff are fantastic and cannot do enough for you. This is a family run hotel Bobby, Chris, Rita and Christina will look after you from the moment you arrive to the day you leave. The barmaid Angela was very polite and helpful. We had a room with a sea/pool view which was cleaned everyday with fresh sheets. The location is perfect just 2 minute walk to the strip but far enough away from the noisy nightlife. Plus the beach is only a 3 minute walk away, you will not find a hotel with a better location. I would just like to say a big thank you to Chris & Rita for looking after us year after year and cannot wait to visit again.

Room Tip: Request a room with a pool view
1  Thank Docdempsey
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I went for a lads holiday late June early July. We had a great time. The staff were fantastic and the location was ideal both for night life and the beach. i stayed here twice now and both great experiences. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Craig D
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Owners were aggressive and rude, and clearly out to squeeze us for every last penny. I was charged ten euros for a ruined sheet which they brought out, covered in paint. I'd not even been to a paint party. We were shouted at for leaving our suitcases in the lobby on the day of checkout, yet where else were we to put them? The hotel also had very strict rules on bringing guests back to the hotel, and having your own food and drink on poolside. While I do not object to this, they stated it was due to 'Greek law' which is just a straight up lie. While we did absolutely duppy their comments book, I feel that the world should know how horrendous this hotel really is

7  Thank Lewis H
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The apartments were clean, secure and ours was spacious.
Chris, Rita and of course Angela were very obliging hosts with the bbq and Chris' wine being a particular highlight.
Looking forward to next time already.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Cooke80
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed here for a lads holiday in a triple room the staff are friendly, we had to give a 100 euro deposit which they give you at the end of your stay however apparently one of my friends ruined one of the sheets and they were trying to charge us 30 euro to wash them but luckily I brought cloth wash and hand washed them in the shower and I got them whiter than they ever where, it is quite literally on the beach there is a restaurant/bar on the beach where does a full English breakfast for 5 or 6 euro with a drink of choice there were a lot of people from Serbia when we went and they were causing a lot of fights with the British. The travel agent failed to mention that there are 2 weeks - 1 month when Serbians go for their holidays here.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends