“Amazing holiday!”
Review of Majestic Spa Hotel

Majestic Spa Hotel
Ranked #63 of 73 Hotels in Laganas
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I must admit this hotel is far from the nicest hotel I have stayed in, the food was just about bearable if you like living off of bread rolls and spaghetti carbonara and the alcohol was disgusting the vodka tasted like whiskey!

We went for a girls holiday and the location of the hotel is perfect as it is right on the strip! However this hotel is a club 18-30 and escapades hotel so expect noise!! The manager threatened to make us sleep in the car park when returned drunk and noisy (as you are when your young and drunk)

Do not book any outgoings with the escapades rep as it is a rip off your better off booking things with the people selling it on the strip!

All in all this did not ruin our holiday and Zante was amazing we are all going to come back next year just in a different hotel!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Emily P

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

When I first got there, hotel seemed nice, room was ok and pool was nice. It was right next to the strip so it was good for us as that is what we went for and it was right near the beach.
But once we had dinner there I changed my mind a lot. I had to eat the same food every lunch and dinner because it was all Greek food. The only things I ate all week was chips, bread and spaghetti Bolognese which was not the nicest. The staff were not very friendly and the drinks were watered down. The wifi was expensive, I came to Zante last year and paid 1 euro a day for wifi at Zante plaza hotel and at majestic it was 3 euros for an hour. We had to pay for air conditioning and it was expensive for a safe. The cleaners would not clean our room and only gave us clean bedsheets and towels once. I would definitely not recommend this hotel.

3  Thank sophcattell
Reviewed 1 July 2014

first impressions were good with it just 20 metres from strip. As a couple this was probably too near when trying to sleep at night. The manager NIKOS and his team were FANTASTIC to my wife and I.When we arrived we were allocated the main suite which was fantastic and spotless, cleaned daily with towels replaced every 2 days and sheets every 3 days. All inclusive was ok. Breakfast was poor in many ways, food NEVER hot, toaster poor hot beverages were not hot unless the microwave was used. The volume of WASTE should have alerted something was wrong. Lunch was varied and choices available but again never hot. Wastage again should have been noted. Dinner again was good food but never HOT again the volume of waste was there to see. Bar was open 10am- 11.pm spirits were good thank you Michael and Antonio's but soft drinks were AWFUL so I managed on coffee and cans of coke at 1euro a time. Overall were happy with hotel all the staff worked EXTREMELY hard but feel that with a few more members of staff in the restaurant and bar area purely to clear up would help. Also think hotel needs to decide wether it caters for mature and families or 18-30 as doing both DID NOT WORK!! Thank you again NIKOS for a good stay

Room Tip: no brained pay the extra and get room 181
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank charliepyrkos
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Arrived home today after staying at this miserable excuse of a hotel. I went with 8 of my friends who all had their own bad experience.

Food: awful, stomach turning and absolutely no food hygiene standards at all. Do not stay all inclusive as it will be a severe disappointment.

Staff: miserable, rude and extremely unhelpful. The barman had some kind of problem with his hands which caused them to ooze blood and flake, however he was handling cups and making sandwiches. The night staff are terrible with guests and a bunch of thugs, regularly starting fights when we were heading back to the room.

Room: toilet regularly blocked, maintenance were called and said they would be back in two hours, they didn't come back. The staff accused us of breaking the door of our neighbours and demanded 100 euros, luckily we were found innocent. The bathroom flooded on the 6th and 7th day and sewage filled the entire floor, which nobody seemed to mind too much. Constant bites from fleas and flies left some of my friends in a lot of pain.

This hotel is severely lacking and should be closed down.

4  Thank Luke B
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed here with great expectations based on its own 5 star rating! From start to finish I have to say this was the worst place I've stayed on any of my holidays to Zante/malia/napa etc!
1. The staff are the un friendliest people I've ever had the pleasure to meet. From the manager to the bar Staff to the reception staff-never a smile/avoid morning-it all goes along the lines of what's ur problem if you ask them a question
2. The rooms in general I thought were pretty ok at the start-that was until after the first night I woke up covered in flea bites which had never happened in any of the hotels if stayed in. This required antibiotics. The cleaners just barge in at any point in the day and refuse you extra towels/toilet paper if uv gone over your "only replaced every second day" limit. And they also accused a lot of people if breaking stuff that was already broken pre arrival and attempted to charge extraordinary rates to get you to replace this stuff
3. I usually go all inclusive in these holidays and have never had an issue with food before-none if us are fussy in the slightest-but this food was covered in salt and basically unedible-people just lived on fries and slices of watermelon for every meal because it was the only fresh thing there.
4. While it wasn't a problem for us-a lot of people with children were placed in rooms almost overlooking the strip. There was no heed passed when people asked to be changed to allow the kids to get some sleep.
5. The bar at night is an absolute joke. Any drink is limited to one per person in a tiny container. Now if this was implemented for everyone that'd be grand-but it appears it's a policy that's only held out in general if you're English speaking. The drinks eg vodka taste like sewer water and that's the polite was to describe it.

The location for going out is good-very much based by the strip and it's lucky that it has a lovely restaurant siroccos nearby..the difference between the people who run here and nearly every other place in laganas is unbelievable. We loved the nightlife..great place to go..and if never wrote in trip advisor to avoid somewhere before but if your going to zante-especially from Ireland/England-avoid like the plague

Room Tip: Don't stay here but definitely not on the strip side
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank P R
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

The fact that we booked all inclusive and ate out twice a day says it all, the staff come in your room uninvited and dont leave after you tell them to go, the drinks are a joke tiny plastic 150 ml cups 3/4 full with ice please stay away from this place...ohh and they charge €35 for aircon €35 for the safe key €35 euros for wifi per device and €25 euros to use the indoor pool for 1 hour!!! Also groups of lads will chant down the corridors at 5,6 and 7am

1  Thank anthg1986
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I went to the majestic spa hotel at the start of June... If I must admit it wasn't the best holiday I have had... People banging and shouting when they were coming back from the strip, early hours of the morning... Ended up injuring myself on one of the grids because the floor was wet and there was no sign, went in the pool and fell down a hole as well with no warning about it being there... Food wasn't all that good... Same food near enough everyday... Ate out most of the time I was there... When I arrived at 8am in the morning, I had to wait till 12/1 for the room and all I wanted to do was sleep... The staff were polite... The reps Ryan and Becky ARE brilliant... Take you on a club crawl... I'd go back to Zante, Laganas but change the hotel..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends