Louis Zante Beach
Orbitz.com
Tzante Hotel(Laganas)(Great Value!)
US$55
  • Bar/Lounge
Hera Zakynthos Hotel(Laganas)(Great Value!)
US$51
Agoda.com
1,752 results
All reviewsanimation teamasian restaurantbeach barmain restaurantsea viewevening entertainmentthe michael jackson tributebeach volleyballshow cookingaqua aerobicsturtle islandkids clubpirate shipgreat holidaybaby turtleswalk along the beachrestaurant staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 February 2010

Time for a change after lots of all inclusives in the Canary islands. The room was ok, but the bathroom was seriously small (bunk beds for the children). I'd say the food was average and there was a serious issue with wasps around the pool but we left them alone and just got used to them.
This is a holiday for people who like the sea. After many,many holidays, I have never seen such beautiful clear warm water and we basically spent the entire week in there. You can take a really nice stroll along the beach in the evening and enjoy a drink in the beach bars as a family before they are busy. This is not a luxurious hotel by any standards but if your kids like a week in the sea then it's ideal!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank iluvholidaysCheshire
Reviewed 22 November 2009

we flew with thompson airlines, and the food was very nice. we flew early in the morning and we were on zante by 11 oclock. Rich the rep was very helpful once we got to the hotel. the meeting in the morning was very informative; he told us where to go, what to do and all the details for a good holiday. The food once we got there was okay, if we missed lunch we went to the beach bar, which was a buffet outside main resturaunt times. the first letdown was our first room. we were situated right on the fire exit. If anyone came up the fire exit (which was regulary) there eyes would be drawn to the balcony, which could not be helped. we were then moved to a nice block right near the beach- nice views, nice distance so you couldent hear the ongoing entertainment at night and it was nice being able to guess the plane which flew over at day only. Only problem with the room was that my daughter caught SCABIES from the bed, which the sheets kept on coming off on. Also, the watered down beer gave me and my husband bad stomach for the 10 days that i was there, in the end we had to go buy it from the shops. However, the weather was fab and we walked into laganas nearly every night. must reccomend visiting Agios Sostis (Cameo Island) for a relaxing day. Also, it is a must that you hire a boat and visit the secluded beach on Marathonisi Island (turtle island). we sat by the beach enjoying the weather, and there are small caves to explore. the sea is very deep by marathonisi island, and the opposite by the beach. Sea warm and blue. The beach outside Louis Beach Hotel was nice, soft sand despite the regulations due to the turtle nesting. As soon as you went two minutes towards Laganas however, the sand was rock hard, dirty, smelly full hazards such as upturned bottle tops and cigarette ends. Whilst you are walking down the beach towards laganas aswell, shop owners try to entice you into the shop, which can become very annoying. However, towards the end of the holiday, we found a lovely restuarant called Caretta Caretta. it has a pool and has very friendly staff. the entertainment at the hotel was good, my daughter enjoyed the daytime clubs, meeting some friends and getting to know the entertainers: Emilio, Dora and Zuzanna. On the night the kids mini club disco went onto half nine, followed by bingo on some nights as well as varied shows like the turtle presentation, 70's night and quiz night.

I had a lovely time, fab setting and weather, also lots to do like the walking and beach activities.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank adrianne96
Reviewed 29 October 2009

I stayed at the Louis Zante beach from 2nd - 9th October 2009. On arrival we had awful weather, the wind was so strong that walking on the beach was painful from the flying sand! We did walk into Laganas and i must say that we were a little scared, it was completely deserted and the only people we saw were the restaurant owners waiting outside for prey! There were no large supermarkets or decent shops at all, just seemed to be a large selection of steak houses! The weather was much better for the rest of the week which did make the whole area seem more inviting but it was still definately dated! The hotel itself was always very clean and tidy, our room was cleaned everyday with new towels etc the food was also good and they did offer quite a large selection, although i would say the childrens food appeared to be a little unhealthy! (burger or fish fingers and chips almost everynight) The waiters were extremely friendly and made a point of saying hello to every guest, the reception staff were also helpful. The daytime entertainment at the hotel was good (although i didnt actually take part in it!) but the animation team were never too pushy and always wished you a happy day. The main problem with the hotel is the night time entertainment... there isnt any! They do a childrens disco at 8.45 (which we thought was a bit late!?) and then they would have possibly bingo or another game at half 9. A couple of nights there were 'shows' but this was nothing more than the animation team standing on stage and mining along to songs and doing dances we had seen them learning earlier in the day. There was a Greek night which were looking forward to, however the only thing which made it Greek was the fact that there was a Kebab in the restaurant and 4 dancers who stood on the stage and moved from side to side for about half an hour, they looked more bored than we did! Overall i thought that the holiday was very relaxing, the beach was amazing and it was good to be so close to the airport (if you can call it that! id say its more like a shed!!) There were a LOT of wasps, i know you would expect there to be with drinks and ice creams around but there was definately more than average! We did also see some stray dogs and a pack started fighting when we were on the beach! Bit scary but otherwise they seemed harmless. The beds and pillows were absolutely rock hard! I would reccomend this hotel to a friend but i would definately suggest going earlier in the season.

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed 22 October 2009

Were do I start? I read previous reviews and after staying at the Louis Hotel Zante Beach I agree with all the bad reports!
The hotel is 3 star not 4 star as it says on the door on the hotel room.
The food is disscusting, my 8 year old son refused to eat the food and he eats everything I put down to him. The food is cold and its always the same crap, pork pork and chicken if you can call it that as it wasnt cooked properlly!
The maids do not clean your room everyday as I had to go down to reception and ask for clean towels and toilet paper!
The kids entertainment area is a HAZARD! My son burnt his arm on one of the dodgy lights and a friend I met over there tripped on the stairs which have ripped old carpet on them. The hotel gave me after sun lotion for my sons arm which is a no no with burns. The hotel had no first aid box or no first aider.
Also everyone I was speaking to was ill including myself! We all had the same symtoms.
If you have booked up for this hotel I would highly reccomend changing hotels or your holiday destination. I would hate to see any familys waste money on a hotel and a holiday that is not worth it!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
6  Thank Scotlandzoe
Reviewed 22 October 2009

In summary:-
- Really nice hotel and staff once you get to know them especially Emilio (animation team) Andreas and Mikey (bar staff) Costus (waiter). They really appreciate when you learn a few of their basic words like Thank you
- Biggest issue - I would not really recomend to go to Laganas in October, most of the shops and bars are closed as its end of season. The day we left 19th October, there were only 30 people left in the hotel and it was very dead. The staff in the hotel are also down to a minimum and it would have been nicer to have gone to the hotel earlier when there would be more staff and people in the hotel. The bar area and entertainment areas wouldnt be so dead!!!
- If you want to see Smugglers cove or the turtles, again come earlier in the year. Both our trips were cancelled due to bad weather. Unfortunately the weather in October is very hit and miss and we went on a bad week. Thunderstorms and terrential rains all week!!!
- I agree with the problem with flies and wasps. They were every where!!!!! No dogs though.
- This holiday would have been perfect had we gone earlier in the year when its busier and the weather wasnt so bad.
- Ive been to all star hotels and would say this was a 3 and half star hotel but definately NOT a 4.
- Food was really good though, good variety and flavours. Cocktails were very strong, i got drunk on the one!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends