“Decent”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Olympia Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Laganas
Olympia Hotel
Ranked #42 of 77 Hotels in Laganas
London, England, United Kingdom
“Decent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

Me and a mate booked this holiday 3 days before we flew out. The hotel was pretty quiet to be fair and they could have done with more entertainment during the day I think. Rooms were clean so was the pool and hotel. Considering its 18-30s we thought it would be a dive. However we were very impressed! Its far enough from the strip to not keep you up at night but close enough to get there and back without breaking a sweat at the end of the night.

1 Thank Max T

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
Grimsby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Olympia. It was one of the nicest hotels down the strip and was like a 10/15 min walk down to the busy nightlife. You got what you paid for with the room it was basic but great for what me and my friend wanted. You got a good fridge and kettle. Shower wasn't bad at all, the rooms were clean and the maid came everyday to empty bins but every few days to change towels and bed sheets which was fine. The hotel pool was great i enjoyed spending time in there an there were always enough sun beds. We paid 50€ for air con for the week in our upstairs room which as needed also 20€ for a safe for the week which was downstairs but safe we never had any problems. The hotel food and drinks were pricey but I enjoyed the food there. There was a lot of groups of young friends there which was good because this Is the type of hotel for that, decent music played all day. They say no alcohol in your room but we bought it and hid in our beach bag and was completely fine. You get charged for soiling the sheets but we were extra careful and didn't getting fined. Staff were nice and all in all a great hotel the only thing i can comment on is the reps... In my point of view they are a waste of time, we arrived early about 7am just wanted to sleep but a rep had to do a welcome meeting. In this welcome meeting she spoke rubbish about events didn't have a clue and tried to sell the whole week to us. We didn't want to but felt pressured into doing it. We didn't but we booked paint party which was lots of fun but free bar is shocking and the reps make out u wont go home sober...we did. They are no fun !!! Anyway another day we got woke up by a rep trying to sell us tickets too the big reunion at butlins and wouldn't take no for an answer. Because we didn't do any of these events we felt the reps didn't give a poo about us they never spoke to us we had to run after them to ask about events. In my eyes they are rubbish they need a serious make over and actually make the pre party games and drinks fun instead of being in there own bubble !!!! Didn't really want 18-30s it was just a good deal but I tell ya I won't be doing it again. Just talk rubbish who get paid for doing naff all
But I really enjoyed hotel i would go back

Room Tip: Pool view else you get a chicken pen !
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

I have been to many clubbing holidays including Malia kavos and napa, so I understand basic hotels but this one takes basic to a whole new level. We arrived at 5am very tired and wanting to go to bed before doing anything else but we were told we had to have a meeting with the reps. This was just to get us to buy the tickets for all the events going on in the week and we was also given a rota to follow. I felt like I was at school again. Trust me if you want to do an event buy the tickets on the strip for 15 aero instead of 50 from the rep. Also never listen to a word the reps say. We was told the paint party lasted til 5am instead it finished at 12 and we we moved onto bars that are normally free so I payed 50 aero for an hour of paint. Our rep was rude and the other one was never around. There was hair in the fridge the bedding was dirty the bathroom was more like a dirty wet room that had mould and hair from other guests before us still there. I felt dirtier getting out a shower than getting in. The safes are at reception and people were complaining about things going missing although I was lucky and this did not happen to me. Your not aloud alcohol in the rooms it was a 30 aero fine to bring anyone back. There was bars on the windows and the pool was dirty. Someone's very good with photoshop pro as that's nothing like the pool we had. After 3 days I decided enough was enough and came home. The strip itself is good I recommend the indie bar and linekers. Zante could be good just get a better hotel.

Room Tip: Any hotel other than this one. Top rooms don't have bars on the windows.
2 Thank Sara M

Travellers are raving about these Laganas hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

probably one of the nicest looking hotels the area had to offer, cleaned daily and the snack bar food was OK and priced reasonably! Just watch out for the 18-30 reps trying to sell you everything claiming it's 'exclusive' and that you need to decide then and there. Guranteed you will find it all cheaper elsewhere!

1 Thank Ben H
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

My friends and I had a great week in Zante and the Olympia Hotel was a good choice for what we needed (basically a place to sleep in between nights out.) Here are some good and bad points about our stay...

GOOD:
1) Quiet and calm location. This meant we always slept well as it was away from the constant noise of the main strip, especially crucial as most of our group managed to get ill at some point so being able to sleep well was great. It was never very busy by the pool area so we never struggled to get sun loungers, even for a big group like ours.
2) Good choice of food/drinks at the bar, if a little pricey. You could definitely get better deals at nearby restaurants further down the strip but for convenience and quality you couldn't beat it.
3) Overall friendly and safe atmosphere. There was someone on reception 24 hours a day and they were always polite to us and spoke good English. Everything felt relatively secure, though I would recommend renting a 20 euro safe for the week (we shared this between 3).

BAD:
1) They got really stressy about drinking/eating our own stuff by the pool area. The bar owner would literally watch us like a hawk and my friend and I nearly got thrown out for taking a sip of water. To avoid buying water off them all the time there's a room downstairs by the toilets that you can go if you desperately need a drink.
2) The reps were really annoying. It wasn't the best welcome at 5am to have an overenthusiastic rep trying to sell us a load of things we weren't interested in. They were both nice enough people and to be fair they were just trying to do their jobs but they really didn't help ensure a stress free holiday! They told us that the average person spends 60-90 euros on a night out in Zante so it would be better value to pay for their events. This is a complete lie as girls get free entry everywhere anyway and we could all get suitably drunk for under 10 euros a night. We didn't end up going on any events in the end as we were happier just to do our own thing, however, if you do want to book things, get them on the strip not from the reps.
3) Ridiculous fines. When you arrive, there's a list of fines saying how much you have to pay if you break things in the room. They tried to charge us 10 euros for an ice tray we hadn't even touched, it was clearly already broken before we arrived. We argued with them and they eventually stepped down but to avoid this I would recommend checking everything in the room and reporting anything that's broken as soon as you arrive.

All in all, it was a good hotel and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great week in Zante!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rosalie M
Glasgow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Stayed here on the 13th of june with 6 other girls and 8 other boys and it was the best experience of my life. Hotel rooms are really very basic but that's what you pay for and to be honest, unless you're sleeping or getting ready for the night ahead- you're barely in your room. Our sheets and rooms were cleaned everyday, although the maids are a bit weird and rude but you barely see them. The hotel is really clean, although halfway along the corridor there is usually some disgusting sewer smell sometimes but apart from that its clean. Only thing i would say is the shower is a nightmare, since it was just me and a friend we were given a really basic small shower room where its a shower on the wall , a curtain and a rug to stand on, theres a big plug in the middle of the floor where all the water runs so the floor ends up soaking. The ants are quite bad but it depends on where your room and bed sits, my friends bed was right next to the patio door so she got lots of ants whereas i never got any . Our friends next door however, because their room was right next to lots of bushes etc both their side of the bed were crawling with ants- we just bought some spray at a supermarket and it takes care of ants as well as any mosquito's etc. The hotel is a bit pricey, its costs 5 euros for one cocktail whereas over at other hotels its about 3 but its not a major issue. Foods basic but lovely and the service is so quick. The staff are really friendly, especially the bar staff. if you want to drink alcohol in your room, just take it in a beach bag and they wont know. The maids dont even bother about seeing your vodka bottles lying around when they tidy up so dont worry too much , if they see alcohol in your room the worst they will do is take it off you and give you a warning or something. While ive read reviews about people being charged for barely stained sheets, i got mascara and henna ink on 2 sheets and they didnt say anything. If you do stain a sheet quite badly all you do is take it over to the dry cleaners and its about 5 euros or something to have them cleaned. They give you the opportunity to clean them yourselves first before trying to charge you. The fact that the hotel is away from the strip is a good thing and a bad thing because it means you get a quiets night sleep but its difficult during the day when youre out in the hot sun trying to find shops and you need to walk all the way up before youre at the strip and at night if youre trying to get to a certain bar or club thats maybe towards the end of the strip, it takes you much longer because lots of reps stop to talk to you.The pool at the hotel is amazing , its really big and there was always plenty of sun loungers, even when it was busy. DONT BUY ANYTHING WITH THE CLUB REPS!! The club reps were the most annoying part about hotel olympia. We hadnt even got in our rooms before they sat us down and tried to offer us a 'deal'. They lie and tell you that you wont get a better price than theyre offering but truth is you can get much much cheaper prices for boat parties, white party etc along the strip- theres loads of actual representatives for specific events that will give you a really good deal. Rep at the hotel were very attentive and made an effort to talk to us until they realize you dont want to buy anything off of them, they tend not to even say hi when they pass you. Although this has nothing to do with the hotel, be careful of gypsy girls trying to get money off of you, i was completely unprepared for it when they came up to me saying they were hungry and trying to hug me, dont give them any money. Be careful of the police aswell, our friend was having a joke and climbed up the tiniest bit of a small pole to take a picture and next thing we knew a policeman was out of his car punching and kicking him, he got is baton out and my friend managed to run away- it was very scary so if youre going to do silly little things like that just be careful. All in all , the hotel was really good and i dont really have anything majorly bad to say about it - you get what you pay for but its still pleasant enough to make you feel comfortable. You can buy air con for 10 euros a day i think and its a god send to be honest. I really enjoyed staying at Hotel Olympia and i would highly recommend it to anyone/

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kirsty W
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

Stayed here last week, room was basic but was expected with the price paid, only problem being the shower flooded the room every time it was used.
The staff were really nice and friendly especially the staff at the pool bar! Loved the pool!
Only bad point is they wouldn't give our passport back till we paid for the towels we had been "sick" on, which is fine but we were never sick on any towels, so we refused to pay. The staff got quite angry but gave the passport back after about 10 minutes of me telling them we weren't going to pay them any money when we weren't sick on the towels - clearly trying to just get extra money out of us!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends