“Great holiday”
Review of Olympia Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Laganas
Olympia Hotel
Ranked #41 of 73 Hotels in Laganas
Reviewed 27 July 2013

After reading the reviews I was frightened to go to the Olympia but I had a fantastic time. The reps have shuffled round now and the trips have been reduced in price apparently due to complaints. Hannah and Lil are brilliant and are around all day everyday to help. They do do welcome meetings as soon as you arrive however it is their job and from the couple of events I did (paint party and full moon party) I can safely say they were worth every penny. You can get full moon on the strip but it's exactly the same price, paint party you can get a separate one on the strip however it's €25 then €5 per drink and its full pf dangerous serbians so you are probably better to stick with the reps. Other events you can get on the strip are not club 18-30 therefore a different thing so not sure why people are saying they are the same on here. All in all they made sure we had a great time and we all felt looked after. If you give them the time of day they will with you, if people are rude to them what do they expect? I saw people be rude to them multiple times yet they stayed smiling and still helped them when they had done something stupid like kicking the door in. With regards to rooms they were basic but had everything we needed and the pool area was clean and an enjoyable place to chill in the day. In a nutshell a great place to stay with great reps :)

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Jessica B

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Hey,

I've just stayed 1 week 19-26th July and will try write a freview to basically back up the good accurate reviews on here and put you at ease with the negative ones. I booked this solo last minute as I had some free time with work and just fancied partying abroad is much better than the UK. Not ideal but it was much better than missing out on this resort!!

Hotel location:
30 mins from the beach, conveiniant store accross the road that sells everything you need, bigger store 5 mins away with cash point, only 5 mins from some fun bars (on the right side, the one where mandy works), 20 min from the main strip (Rescue, Zero etc)

Hotel itself:
Not lively at all but it was safe and suited me as i wanted to just tan and chill during the day, well lit, rooms were basic but clean (every other day cleaned), small fridge and kettle, nice balcony, great black out doors to help you sleep, big wardrobe and draws space, comfy beds i found. I would recommend the rear building as the sun doesnt belt in and so you dont really need the air con. But trust me those mozi's really bite so bear that in mind after about 1900 hours!! The pool was clean, deep area to swim, areas to chill in the shallows, lots of sun loungers. I didnt once buy any food or drink so cant comment on that and i was never once pestered or made to feel bad for not doing it. I found the music round the pool to be very good and chilled. internet 3 euro/hour which was handy. pay phone over the road at the convienant store where you could buy cheap calling cards.

Staff:
Really friendly but not pushy at all, just there to help if you needed them. I was expecting this massive unfair bill at the end after reading these reviews! that did not happen at all. one guy checked my room quickly to make sure there was no damage. You cant help but get paint on your clothes because every bugger goes there and gets it on you in other venues after!! i never got charged for slight splodges on my pillows etc.

Nightlife:
This place has it all, great range of bars and clubs. There not that pushy and you just find the people trying to get you in are really friendly. I cant remember the names of the places but some realy sell foul tasting cocktails so dont be fooled by cheap deals. You will pay like 2 for 1 cocktails (5 euro) with 2 shots, or what i did mainly was drink the head-f*****s type drinks, lots of booze in one pint for 5 euro. Best clubs are rescue, zero and i took to linekers. malibooze on the beach if very chilled too with great workers and worth going for pre drinks. just find a chilled bar up untill 2300/0000 hours and make mates that way and mingle then enjoy the clubs post midnight when everyones out. also its pretty safe the strip and i didnt see much trouble, the one place i would be careful of is cocktails and dreams, but thats basically the big doorman dont mess around if theres any sign of trouble.

Beach:
The beach is at it looks on the pics on here, patted down, but its a nice strip with lots of loungers and lots of areas just to lay your towel.

excursions:
Turtle island and ship wreck both about 20 euro each, well worth it just to get out in the sea. dont get too excited about actually spotting the turtles, there were a few and they never came up for air and it felt a bit cruel the way the boats followed them. but it would be wrong to criticise the resot as they do alot of postives to keep the turtles protected. the flights are so early so not to disturb them nesting for one!! a top reptile.

In summary if you just want a safe dig where you can enjoy chilling during the day and be near to it on a night this place is ideal. if you want a full on 18-30 experience you might want to check elsewhere, but then you will comprimise on the positives this place has. If you want to do the 18-30's tours they will take you out from 1930 hours each night so your not missing out that way. I would join them up later on after they had done therir free bars or paint parties say and stay out till 0500 hours.

If you have booked here after cosnidering the reviews you will enjoy.

Room Tip: Rear rooms
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Yorkmatty2010
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Me and a mate booked this holiday 3 days before we flew out. The hotel was pretty quiet to be fair and they could have done with more entertainment during the day I think. Rooms were clean so was the pool and hotel. Considering its 18-30s we thought it would be a dive. However we were very impressed! Its far enough from the strip to not keep you up at night but close enough to get there and back without breaking a sweat at the end of the night.

1  Thank Max T
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Olympia. It was one of the nicest hotels down the strip and was like a 10/15 min walk down to the busy nightlife. You got what you paid for with the room it was basic but great for what me and my friend wanted. You got a good fridge and kettle. Shower wasn't bad at all, the rooms were clean and the maid came everyday to empty bins but every few days to change towels and bed sheets which was fine. The hotel pool was great i enjoyed spending time in there an there were always enough sun beds. We paid 50€ for air con for the week in our upstairs room which as needed also 20€ for a safe for the week which was downstairs but safe we never had any problems. The hotel food and drinks were pricey but I enjoyed the food there. There was a lot of groups of young friends there which was good because this Is the type of hotel for that, decent music played all day. They say no alcohol in your room but we bought it and hid in our beach bag and was completely fine. You get charged for soiling the sheets but we were extra careful and didn't getting fined. Staff were nice and all in all a great hotel the only thing i can comment on is the reps... In my point of view they are a waste of time, we arrived early about 7am just wanted to sleep but a rep had to do a welcome meeting. In this welcome meeting she spoke rubbish about events didn't have a clue and tried to sell the whole week to us. We didn't want to but felt pressured into doing it. We didn't but we booked paint party which was lots of fun but free bar is shocking and the reps make out u wont go home sober...we did. They are no fun !!! Anyway another day we got woke up by a rep trying to sell us tickets too the big reunion at butlins and wouldn't take no for an answer. Because we didn't do any of these events we felt the reps didn't give a poo about us they never spoke to us we had to run after them to ask about events. In my eyes they are rubbish they need a serious make over and actually make the pre party games and drinks fun instead of being in there own bubble !!!! Didn't really want 18-30s it was just a good deal but I tell ya I won't be doing it again. Just talk rubbish who get paid for doing naff all
But I really enjoyed hotel i would go back

Room Tip: Pool view else you get a chicken pen !
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I have been to many clubbing holidays including Malia kavos and napa, so I understand basic hotels but this one takes basic to a whole new level. We arrived at 5am very tired and wanting to go to bed before doing anything else but we were told we had to have a meeting with the reps. This was just to get us to buy the tickets for all the events going on in the week and we was also given a rota to follow. I felt like I was at school again. Trust me if you want to do an event buy the tickets on the strip for 15 aero instead of 50 from the rep. Also never listen to a word the reps say. We was told the paint party lasted til 5am instead it finished at 12 and we we moved onto bars that are normally free so I payed 50 aero for an hour of paint. Our rep was rude and the other one was never around. There was hair in the fridge the bedding was dirty the bathroom was more like a dirty wet room that had mould and hair from other guests before us still there. I felt dirtier getting out a shower than getting in. The safes are at reception and people were complaining about things going missing although I was lucky and this did not happen to me. Your not aloud alcohol in the rooms it was a 30 aero fine to bring anyone back. There was bars on the windows and the pool was dirty. Someone's very good with photoshop pro as that's nothing like the pool we had. After 3 days I decided enough was enough and came home. The strip itself is good I recommend the indie bar and linekers. Zante could be good just get a better hotel.

Room Tip: Any hotel other than this one. Top rooms don't have bars on the windows.
2  Thank Sara M
Reviewed 16 July 2013

probably one of the nicest looking hotels the area had to offer, cleaned daily and the snack bar food was OK and priced reasonably! Just watch out for the 18-30 reps trying to sell you everything claiming it's 'exclusive' and that you need to decide then and there. Guranteed you will find it all cheaper elsewhere!

1  Thank Ben H
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My friends and I had a great week in Zante and the Olympia Hotel was a good choice for what we needed (basically a place to sleep in between nights out.) Here are some good and bad points about our stay...

GOOD:
1) Quiet and calm location. This meant we always slept well as it was away from the constant noise of the main strip, especially crucial as most of our group managed to get ill at some point so being able to sleep well was great. It was never very busy by the pool area so we never struggled to get sun loungers, even for a big group like ours.
2) Good choice of food/drinks at the bar, if a little pricey. You could definitely get better deals at nearby restaurants further down the strip but for convenience and quality you couldn't beat it.
3) Overall friendly and safe atmosphere. There was someone on reception 24 hours a day and they were always polite to us and spoke good English. Everything felt relatively secure, though I would recommend renting a 20 euro safe for the week (we shared this between 3).

BAD:
1) They got really stressy about drinking/eating our own stuff by the pool area. The bar owner would literally watch us like a hawk and my friend and I nearly got thrown out for taking a sip of water. To avoid buying water off them all the time there's a room downstairs by the toilets that you can go if you desperately need a drink.
2) The reps were really annoying. It wasn't the best welcome at 5am to have an overenthusiastic rep trying to sell us a load of things we weren't interested in. They were both nice enough people and to be fair they were just trying to do their jobs but they really didn't help ensure a stress free holiday! They told us that the average person spends 60-90 euros on a night out in Zante so it would be better value to pay for their events. This is a complete lie as girls get free entry everywhere anyway and we could all get suitably drunk for under 10 euros a night. We didn't end up going on any events in the end as we were happier just to do our own thing, however, if you do want to book things, get them on the strip not from the reps.
3) Ridiculous fines. When you arrive, there's a list of fines saying how much you have to pay if you break things in the room. They tried to charge us 10 euros for an ice tray we hadn't even touched, it was clearly already broken before we arrived. We argued with them and they eventually stepped down but to avoid this I would recommend checking everything in the room and reporting anything that's broken as soon as you arrive.

All in all, it was a good hotel and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great week in Zante!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rosalie M