“Better Off Choosing Different Hotel”
Review of Olympia Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Laganas
Olympia Hotel
Ranked #38 of 74 Hotels in Laganas
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Better Off Choosing Different Hotel”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Started off as a great hotel to stay and was greeted by rep straight away which was awesome.
But after a while it goes downhill, every night we were told too be quiet which makes no sense at all with it being a 18-30 hotel. You can't bring drinks into the hotel and they overcharge the hell out of everything they sell. After paint party we got a bit of paint on a pillow, we offered to wash it ourselves but they wouldn't have it and got charged 20 euros! The last night we got checked out a day early than we should of for 7 nights and wasn't allowed to split the price between 5 of us for an extra night as thats too many people. so we ended up sitting on the sun beds until we got kicked off early for no reason even though it clearly says open till 7. Wouldn't recommend this to anyone unless they are middle-aged sightseers!!

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mike F

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
Doncaster
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Me and 3 friends stayed here for a week in September. The room I shared was dirty when we arrived at 06.30 (hair and toothpaste in the sink!) we had no shower tray, just a hole in the floor, so had to shower stood on a grubby mat. Felt cleaner before getting in the shower than after! I understand showers in Greece aren't fantastic but this mat was disgusting! On the plus side we had a shower curtain, for what use it was! Toilet looked as if it had never been cleaned! Floors were filthy, the fridge was rusty and there were marks all over the walls. Our balcony was covered in food, smeared on the shutters, presumably from the people before us! The rooms are basic which I can cope with, I can't cope with them being unclean.

The pool was lovely and more than enough sun loungers.

Snack bar was nice, reasonably priced, €4 for a full English €3 for a toastie etc. the guy at the snack bar was great, the waitress was pretty miserable.

Reception were always pleasant, especially the girl on in an evening, a smile goes a long way!

Shame you can't say the same for the reps. Only happy when you're buying tickets from them and taking you to pre bars to get their commission. Their attitude stinks, unless ofcourse you're part of their 'click'. I was approached by a rep and told 'are you buying a ticket for tonight or what, I need to know now' - customer service at its best! My advice would be think carefully before investing €180 for a weeks worth of parties that you probably won't enjoy.

Overall I would not return to this hotel, laganas... Maybe. For me, the bad out ways the good.

• Stayed September 2013

Travellers are raving about these Laganas hotels

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Go on 3 holidays a year and this was easily the worst place we have stayed. Awful staff (apart from the barman) VERY poor customer service, the cleaners went through our bags in the room, but worst of all was the rats. Another group we met had the same thing. Just awful. Only decent thing is the pool, but even that is spoiled by the waitress who never smiled once. Shame as Laganas is a nice little resort. 18-30? I didn't even realise it was 18-30 until the very last hour of our stay, where they were kicking us out a night early (because 'that's just the way it is') A night sleeping rough beckoned. Disgraceful, disgusting and strongly recommended you stay elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013
Kincardine, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I have recently just arrived home from a holiday from Zante with five of my friends. We booked with Thomas Cook on the 18-30 package. I do not usually write reviews but seeing when I booked the holiday I found the reviews helpful so I would know what the hotel would be like I thought I should write a review to help others.

The hotel room is basic but is clean which is most importantly what you want. In the hotel room we had our two single beds, fridge (decent sized) a wardrobe, a kettle, two side tables, a small table. Then you have your bathroom which is toilet, sink and shower. You do have a shower base and shower curtain even though it is uncommon in Greece to have a shower curtain so it is seen as posher. In the bathroom there is also a hairdryer. We had a balcony and there was two plastic chairs and a table with a banister around the balcony. There was plenty of plugs around just remember to take travel plugs. There is air conditioning in the room but it is 10 euros a night or 50 euros for the week. My friend and I just kept our balcony doors open at night to let cool air in. We did have a curtain but it wasn't black out curtains so if you need complete darkness to sleep I do suggest an eye mask. My friends did have a shutter so obviously rooms in view of the sun get a shutter to shut out more of the sun rays. You get one key per room. You need to put the key in the electricity holder so you get electricity when you go in the room. This is probably to save electricity. When you go out you can leave the key at the office so whoever is home early can get in to the room. Don't worry there is spares if ever you lock yourself out or your friend is asleep and doesn't hear you.

The hotel has a reception which someone is working at 24/7. The reception area is right at the front door so not anyone can just walk in. There is also safe's which you can hire. It is 20 euros for the week. I recommend this so your important stuff like passports are safe. The safes are right beside the 24/7 reception so they are also safe. The hotel also has a café/restaurant. Sells breakfast, lunch and dinner. Variety of foods and snacks available. There is also a bar which is 27/7 so if you ever wake up during the night and need a bottle of water you only need to walk 2 minutes and you can get some.

There is a supermarket straight across from the hotel and one down to right a couple more minutes away which is the one the rep recommended. There is also one 10 minutes or less to the right which is much larger. If there is anything you have forgotten you can probably buy it out there. There is a lovely restaurant less than 5 minutes to the left of the hotel called Pythario's which is relatively cheap and very nice. They do a variety of different dishes and we ate here most nights. If you become a regular customer they do start to give you free stuff for example we got a free fish bowl.

The hotel is situated on the strip but far to the bottom that it is quiet. Even though it is at the quiet side the people walking to the rooms when they come in might not be so quiet. I did take ear plugs incase and did use them so would recommend this if you get woken up easily. The strip is to the left of the hotel. You just keep walking and you will find pubs and clubs. Probably from the very bottom of the strip to the hotel your talking about a 15 minute walk. I never done the walk on my own only with one or more of my friends.

The 18-30 reps were so nice and are easily spotted with their uniforms or land-yard. They are situated up and down the strip so can be at a situation quickly if called. Since Olympia is the biggest 18-30 unit in Zante there is a rep staying in the hotel which I didn't know till the last night so that might make you feel a bit safer. The reps are very caring and listen. They do take time to know you and are very down to earth. I recommend booking stuff with the reps as they tell you specifically where to go and at least you know the pub/club must be to a certain standard if you are booking with the Thomas cook 18-30 reps. It might seem a lot when you fork out the money on the first day but it is worth it when I think back to it.

I am not a big party animal and I enjoyed my stay in Zante. You make what you want of your holiday. I hope my review has helped ease the nerves anyone might have or make you excited to go. I would recommend Zante and would go again. Have a good holiday and remember to write the review for others

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Jade D
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2013

My partner and I in this hotel for our first trip to Zante and we were surprised at how nice it was for the price we paid for our holiday (£200 each) The pool was great and the staff were lovely. It was a 15 minute walk from the beach and nightlife so it wasn't too bad. The room was a weird corner one and it was quite small- small balcony with views of locals gardens I think. Would have preferred a pool view but it was ok as we're weren't in there much. We would probably return here if we got it for the same price.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I have recently returned from a holiday to Zakynthos, Laganas, Zante with Club 18-30 and I stayed in the Olympia Hotel. The hotel itself had a nice room with reasonably comfortable beds and a good view of the pool and surrounding hills. However, the shower leaked onto the bathroom floor, the fridge took several hours to cool drinks. Overall the room was worth the money I payed. The pool area was really good, there were plenty of sunbeds and the water temperature was always perfect, but I couldn't take my own food and drink there and the price of the food and drink at the pool bar was outrageous in my opinion. The hotel staff were less than helpful and in more cases were more of an inconvenience than anything else.

The group Club 18-30 were wonderful. The reps Hannah and Lyndsey were always really nice and fun to be around with a great attitude towards me and all the other residents. They were never pushy with the events they offered or any other parts of their jobs that required the guests involvement. They were always up for chatting and never just kept to themselves and were as much a part of my holiday as my friends were. I would thoroughly recommend taking a holiday with Club 18-30 because of them and I myself look forward to the next holiday I take with them. My only downside was that I found the events that I took part in too short for the money I paid, but they were fun all the same.

Overall my holiday was amazing because the hotel was good and the reps for Club 18-30 were fantastic.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool tend to be quieter and the higher floor gives a better view.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jordan S
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Stayed in this hotel 18th-24th July after reading the reviews we were worried about the bills at the end and the alcohol rules (trust me your fine just don't make it obvious and hide it going in to hotel) the rooms were basic(kettle, fridge, wardrobe) but better than expected clean spacious, the only thing with the cleaners is that they wouldn't clean it or even ask if you we're in the room but was cleaned near enough everyday can only recall 1 day it wasn't cleaned. Our toilet was broken but they did attempt to fix it straight away by the end we just put it down to Greek toilets (hit and miss). The rest of the facilities were great pool lovely music played around the pool from about 9 which was quite annoying but got used to it. We didn't buy air con as usually passed out in room in early hours anyway only really needed it when getting ready in the evening but we survived without it. Food was basic but okay but drinks not to expensive they would cook you food when you came in in the early hours pizzas or panni's:) staff at reception were helpful and friendly, Reps Hannah and lil were lovely, not pushy, very good at their job!! one of them was always around the pool and there to help in general. I wouldn't book all the club 18-30 events some were amazing some were okay and some were crap. Paint party and full moon definitely worth it, do it! Frat party got better towards the end and total karnage is rubbish don't do it, it's expensive and over quickly. The bar crawls to the events were expensive but were worth it as it got you in the mood and set the atmosphere. Bit far from the strip but still in walking distance didn't walk to the beach cherry bay comes out on it thou! Best clubs are cherry bay, rescue and Waikiki. Linekers and 3 lions bars are amazing to. Just a bit of advice based on my stay. Definitely worth it, enjoy zante!!!!

• Stayed July 2013