“the most poor meal and services I ever had”

Anastasia Beach Hotel
Ranked #48 of 74 Hotels in Laganas
romania - timisoara
“the most poor meal and services I ever had”
Reviewed 4 May 2009

we had been for a week in Aug 2008 in this hotel for our honeymoon. they give us the worst room, from its windows we can see only a wall, so that we must pay extra to get a better room ( only higther price room available) also they have nothing to eat, it was every day the same "meal": olives, tomates, cucumber, cheese and very bad wathermelone. the hotel is not bad but the services very very poor. they have a nice pool and a taverna, the beach is sandy and the water very good for swim. Is near to the careta careta turtle beach and you can make boat trip to the turtle's island.
I hope that somebodyelse manage the hotel now .

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 10 July 2006

I have just came back from my holiday in Laganas and our stay in the Hotel Anastasia. We started our holiday with a 8 hour delay and instead of arriving at our hotel at 1.30pm we arrived at 12 midnight. I contacted the hotel on a number of occassions through there web site asking to be in a room with a sea view.
On arrival I was deeply disapointed to have been placed in a basement room with a view from the balcony of a flight of stairs. The room was very dark and the sheets on one of the beds were ripped, however they where clean sheets and the actual room was very clean. I have been to Greece on a number of occasions before so was expecting the hotel rooms to be basic, although from the good reviews from web sites i was expecting more than what we got. We decided not to make a fuss as we were both tired and discussed the fact that you don't spend much time in the bedroom anyway. All the rooms have air conditioning (at a extra cost of 4 euro a day) however our's didn't work very well!
The breakfast was very basic we had a choice of fried eggs, bread (not toast), butter, jam, bread rolls, chocolate cake, tomato, cheese & ham not much else. You could also help yourselves to tea, coffee and some kind of orange juice (tasted like orange squash). So we had breakfast down the road at Wild Bills for 2.50 you could have a massive fresh fruit salad or for 4euros you could have a huge fried breakfast. Apart from that the hotel was a great place, it has beautiful gardens and the staff are really friendly. I'm sure if we did complain they would have done anything to make us happy, prehaps if we had stayed longer than a week we might have. The Hotel is located right on a lovely beach, if you walk 10 mins to the right you end up at the main strip where all the bar's and clubs are. The beach as a few nice restaurants however be aware you pay for the view!! The pubs are all about the same price about 2.50-4 euros for a cocktail and around 2.50 - 3 for a bottel of Methos (greek larger) you pay about 4-6 euros for stella etc.. Large bottled water in pool bars and bars are really expensive 2.50+ so by from the supermarkets were you get it for 50 - 60 cent.
Always check your change and ask how much things are before you hand over money i got charged 4 euros for a cup of tea!
We also found that alot of places give you bread with your meal which you think is free it's not! You could also find an extra meal on you bill if your not sure about something ask! If you do eat out don't be shy to ask for something free when their trying to drag you off the street, there's so much competition you can usally get a free bottel of wine with you meal, free starters or money off. If your looking for a cheap sun holiday, with a 18-30 type resort then this is your place. If you got kids or your more mature then perhaps ask your travel agents advice on where else to go. All in all, it was ok for a week but wouldn't go back.

• Stayed July 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 June 2006

Myself and my partner have just returned from a week on the beautiful Island of Zakynthos, and we stayed at the hotel Anastasia. The location was spot on, right o =n the beach front, but, Im sorry to say there was a but, but we were disappointed. We arrived with another couple and we were all put in basement rooms. We werent happy especially when we discovered that the 'patio doors' didnt lock. Apparently some kids had been locked in and none of them would lock. It was very dark and dismal. we asked to be moved to a room above ground but there wasnt one available for 3 nights with a surcharge of 10e per night. (we were jammy and didnt end up paying for it). Apart from that it was a very family oriented hotel. we were woken up at 8.30 for three mornings by a very noisy toddler running up and down the hall way and his parents making the same amount of noise, so as i said, good family hotel but not for us romantic couples. Breakfast was very bland, we made it down for 3 mornings, and yes, go for it if you love ham, hard boiled eggs and tomatoes, and miserable faces!!!!! But the staff were great, very acommodating. the bar closed at the dot of 1, and no playing pool after 12 midnight!!! But get out the door and you are in a beautiful beautiful place. We hired a jeep for one day and drove around the Island for a day. Stunning. I have already persuaded my friends to come back with us in Sept. One word of warning, the Mossies. I ended up in the emergency docs on the night we came back with severe allergic reaction to them and blood poisoning and am still on antibiotics and steroids for them. My other half got one little bite!!! The locals told me i had sweet blood and was too fair skinned. Ha! so go with plenty of reppelant with deet in it and REAPPLY. that was my downfall. I didnt reapply. By god i will now. but that hasnt put me off going.Also skip the boat trips. we went on one and it was just too money oriented. and the Greek music blaring from the loud speaker annoyed everyone. The best bar in town is the pool bar at the Canadian Appts, Andy makes the best coctails and is a lovely lovely guy. Bottom line, I would prob go back to Anastasia, at a push, but most definitely I want to go back to Zakynthos. I loved it and thought it was so friendly and relaxed, (even with the mossies!) So if you are thinking of going - GO. and enjoy!

• Stayed June 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dublin
Reviewed 15 August 2005

Just back from holiday, had to review this hotel because it was absolutely brilliant!. The views are magnificent, a delight to wake up to in the morning (even after a heavy nights drinking in the cosy bar at the reception). We were made to feel welcome at all times and found the staff to be more than willing to answer questions about the island, the turtles and the best bars etc. The location is superb, right on the beach and easily the most accesible hotel to get to and from all the amenities and shops in laganas. The buffet in the evenings was always delicious and people couldnt help going up for more and more. I have never been so relaxed on holiday before as there is always a problem with accomodation especially in high season but this hotel was just the thing i needed to enjoy a great two weeks away. If you are going on a greek holiday then go to Zante, if you are going to Zante then go to the Anastasia, you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed August 2005
34 Thank DubClaret
Reviewed 27 May 2005

Had a great time in the Anastasia Beach Hotel staff was excellent and the view was amazing watch out for the crazy chef he is a great laugh. Loved every minute thank you tro all the crew.

• Stayed May 2005
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 May 2004

Great Hotel view was excellent, staff was polite overall very good. Satyed for 2 weeks with my family in May.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member