Family of 5 on allocation on arrival. Spiros welcomed us and gave us a couple bottles of water and we went to bed off the night flight.
We had two weeks booked and were looking forward to exploring ZANTE. The wife and I are seasoned travellers and take most things in our stride, as do the kids
the apartments are around 2km outside laganas, which we were pleased about for obvious reasons with kids aged 10,8 and 4!
The family are really lovely and friendly and we ate in the small restaurant a few times
Spiros sorted us two apartments on the ground floor and arranged for the interconnecting door to be unlocked
so it was boys in one apartment and girls in another
the apartments are small, but clean with maid service every day and we don't go on holiday to sit in the apartment!
we chilled by the pool for a couple of days, the place was very uncrowded and there were always plenty of sunbeds to choose from
the kids made friends with Chris the owners son and soon became his favourite pests early evening before we went out to dine
about 15 mins walk down the road is the Paradise resturant and it was brilliant, but quite expensive for a family of 5 every night!
Across the road is the Agrilia Supermarket and they do prepacked lunches, amazing local olives and stunning fresh feta
After three days I got itchy so rented a car for a week and we happily toured Zante in its entirety from top to bottom
we booked the trip to Smuggler Cove (where the abandoned freighter is ashore forever) and that was a great day out - we drove from Laganas and hopped on the boat at the stunningly beautiful Porto Vromi and had 2 hours at the Shipwreck beach, stopped for a swim off the boat, saw some wonderful scenery then spent the rest of the afternoon snorkelling in Porto Vromi
We toured around the island, did the water park twice which is excellent and spent a wonderful day at Keri which we fell in love with
there is a small taverna outside Keri on the coast road, home made food and stunning views, we were one of only two parties there and had a very lovely time
Zante was wonderful
I tend to find that you need to make the most of what you have instead of nitpicking at every little thing
We needed a few lightbulbs sorting, Spiros sorted them immediately. Chris was brilliant with the kids, the food was good and reasonable, I had no trouble drinking my supermarket water by the pool, but I made sure we spent a few euros in the pool bar every day on the odd beer and ice creams - in return the kids had the odd free juice cocktail and plenty of tokens to play free games of pool!
I don't understand the mentality of grumbling about not being able to take your own drinks around the pool!
the rules are there in black and white and they are a business!!
Drink it on your balcony, its ten metres away!!!
to sum up, I would not hesitate to recommend Aphrodite APARTMENTS - they are far from the strip which may pee off the young ravers, but it was perfect for us
a great base to explore Zante, we left no stone unturned and loved every minute
On the flight out we had a ridiculous pick up, like 5 hours before we had to be there (which was 3am I think!), so we skipped the transfer, let the kids sleep and Chris sorted us a taxi and made sure we woke up in time to get in the cab - its 15 mins to the airport, it cost 15 euros but at least the kids werent up all night
the family are brilliant and if more families went for the accomodation it would get better reviews but familes don't book because of its Laganas address!
and any clubbers that end up there have a two mile walk to the strip....
those circumstances are a shame for all but for us and what we paid - no grumbles whatsoever!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aphrodite Apts are situated in the large resort of Laganas, which is 5 minutes from the airport and the main town of Zakynthos. The Laganas sandy beach is one of the largest in Greece, around 9km in length. There is a large variety of restaurants, tavernas, night clubs, bars and facilities of all kinds to choose from. The nearest supermarket is 80m and tavernas restaurants 50m away. Aphrodite Apartments is a Zakynthian family run business with warm hospitality. The manager Mr Spiros is on hand 20hrs a day to help with anything you may need. There are several blocks consisting of 40 Apartments situated around a large swimming-pool and set in beautful landscaped gardens. All rooms have either double or twin beds suitable for 2-3 persons (extra bed can be provided), kitchenette with cooking facilities and fridge, shower/wc with hairdryer and furnished balconies which over look the swimming-pool. There is also plasma T.V., Safety deposit box and all rooms are air-conditioned (extra charge) There is also maid service is every 2 days and linen changed twice a week. The large terraced area around the pool has ample sunbeds and umbrellas for you to relax on during the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays so you can book your Aphrodite Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aphrodite Apartments Laganas
- Aphrodite Apartments Hotel Laganas