“Great value”

Kostas Tavern
Ranked #75 of 89 Restaurants in Laganas
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Special deal. 3 courses and 3 drinks €12.50. The only thing you couldn't choose off the menu was fillet steak and fish. Really friendly and helpful staff. My daughter is coeliac and they were helpful to ensure she didn't choose anything with gluten in it.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This was the first Taverna we went in when we went to Laganas in 1997...and we are still going in 2014...we have just returned from Laganas and ate here on numerous occasions...still very friendly and the food is excellent..Panos the owner is a truly wonderful person who always makes you feel so welcome...
give it a try I am sure you wont be disappointed....

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I can only describe my dinner as laughable. I have visited many Greek Island and this was my second time in Zante. As it looked like it served traditional Greek food my husband & I thought we would give it a go. We went for the offer of any starter, any main, a dessert of ice cream or pancakes & a drink. Well to start with the waiter wasn't just friendly, he basically stood and talked to us for our entire meal. He might as well of sat and ate with us, there is being friendly, but that's just silly. The food was horrible. I order prawn saganaki, a dish i love, but this was cold, had about 2 prawns in it & the feta tasted off, the dolmades however were good. The main was just as bad, my husband got served a plate of grey food, most of which we took for the stray cats. It was meant to be village lamb, but it was a grey lump of gristly meat with some tinned veg, 1 boiled carrot, 1 boiled courgette and 1 boiled potato. I had beef yovetsi again with the off cheese on top and about 2 bits of beef. The beef i did find in the dish was tender, but the whole thing was bland. After taking our plates away & chatting up some passing girls, coming over to chat, wondering around we wondered if we were going to get dessert. So after waiting a while we asked for the ice cream thinking we would be offered a flavour maybe, no he comes back, puts it on the table as says do you like vanilla. Bit late now if we dont. It was a joke start to finish and i certainly never went back.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We came across this resturant when we were looking for something to eat after our flight to Langanas. The waiter recommended the Greek dish Lamb Kleftico.
He was right the dich was beautiful the lamb was so tender you could cut it with a fork. We try this dish in other resturants on laganas and ot just didn't compare so we went back
Again.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

only went there once on this holiday that's not to say the is not great it is.lamb kleftico to die for
good prices and friendly staff always smiling and pleasant they also speak good English so nothing is lost in translation,have been there many times before will be going back and there on my next visit.