Galaxy Hotel, BW Premier Collection
  • Breakfast included
Dados Hotel(Laganas)
  • Beachfront
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsrooftop bartowels changed twice a dayon arrivalbig bathroomcakes and biscuitspool towelsstar hotelsandy beachgorgeous hotelnuggetsevery nightpay euroskids pooltransfer coachmeal timesquiet areafamily room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Fantastic hotel,great pool and beautiful views of the beach,food was ok there was always plenty of options to chose from,my family enjoyed staying here we had a fantastic holiday :) we spent a few days along side of the pool and had a few day trips out,the 3 hours trip to see the turtles is highly recommended,the pool is very deep so be cautious with younger children,beach was a few meters away,sun terrace was fab at night,drinking cocktails and admiring the views of laganas,highly recommended we had a lovely stay :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Tracey M
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This hotel was good in my eyes for young adults. The food was good and had plenty of it. The bar staff were the best, allowing my friend and I to make our own cocktails and giving us extra shots. The location is perfect too, a short walk down the road or along the beach to the strip, on the beach front. Sun beds were a problem but at 19 we just grabbed our towels and lay them on the grass. The beach is always packed but again at this age we were having too much fun to care. The lucky lucky men on the beach can grit irritating trying to sell stuff all the time but we ended up just running away. There is wifi but you have to pay so we'd go to a bar along the beach, buy a drink and use the wifi there. The breakfast in all honesty is crap.. But most the time we,d only be returning from a night out as it was being served. For someone going around 17-30 I'd recommend the V.I.P boat party. It was one of the best trips I've done on any holiday, and I would get the more expensive package. I'd also recommend if you book this trip to take extra money as we ran out from buying drinks. I would watch your personal possessions when out very carefully as there are many Greek children about and they tend to try and steal things- no joke. A friend of mine had his wallet taken from his pocket and chased a kid for it. And I had my bag taken from the beach. By the end of the 10 days we spent here we didn't want to leave.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my family ( 3 young siblings, mother and picky father) but I would to a group of girls or guys around 17+

:-)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kfh00002
Reviewed 25 September 2013

As a 52 year old travelling with his wife and a couple of freeloading sons (aged 22 and 19) and just wanting a peaceful, relaxing all inclusive holiday, I was slightly apprehensive about booking a week in Laganas, however I was very pleasantly surprised by the Galaxy. We booked through 'On The Beach' and the best decision we made was to not book coach transfers from the airport - the Hotel is only a 17-20 Euro taxi ride from the airport so, not only did we not spend hours getting 'hotel envy' every time we stopped at a plush hotel, but it was also cheaper for the 4 of us.
The Hotel itself was very clean and, on check in, we were personally taken to our room (127), a double bedroomed (one double, one twin) which was spacious compared to some we've had before, with a side sea view but, more importantly, two toilets!! The only downside to this room is that it is opposite the back door to the kitchen and we had one night when, after a private party, the staff were boisterous enough to be heard over the free air-con and my trusted ear plugs. I did have a few words with them from the balcony but this didn't seem to have any impact, nor did a word from the night porter, who I engaged in case I didn't get my point over in English. Luckily this did not impact my 2 sons as it was only 2am and they were still 3 hours away from returning from The Strip.
However, I will not let this one bad experience taint my view of the holiday...
As others have mentioned, the location of this hotel is excellent, just a 10 minute stroll up the beach to the end of The Strip. but you wouldn't know it,...and there are a few nice bars / restaurants on said route - Balsamico does an excellent T-Bone. The all-inclusive was as expected, it's not on the scale of the larger Turkish / Spanish versions but still varied enough for a week's stay. If you do try and work the 'boil your own egg' contraption for breakfast then leave your eggs in for up to 10 minutes...if you leave them in for the advised 3 minutes you're more likely to hatch a chick than produce something to dip your soldiers in.
A good selection of food and classic 'local' alcoholic beverages, which never seemed to have the desired effect despite my best efforts and some early starts....it's always 5 o'clock somewhere.
The waiters were all very friendly, even indulging in the odd game of table tennis or pool when not busy.
For a hotel that was fully booked, we had no trouble at all with sunbeds - usually parking ourselves on the ridge between the pool and the beach, thereby not having to pay the 6 Euro charge for beach sunbeds but still handy enough to take advantage of the dodgy sunglass sellers hawking their wares along the beach.
All in all a very enjoyable week away at the end of the holiday season, would definitely return but probably at a similar time of the year as it did tend to be inhabited by us older types (in fact I did actually feel quite young in comparison)....many of them the very sociable Dutch - always wondered where they holidayed as haven't come across them in those numbers before!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
10  Thank bicesterhatter
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We went here this year in June as a group of 18, half couples, extremely worried about how family orientated it was.. although our group was big, we weren't loud during the day, and were never together at once. We sat on the grass to save beds for families, we were respectful and no swearing. We did go there for night life and it was the perfect hotel as most of us didn't want to go out every single night so we could stay in and have a quiet night. The only thing I would say is there is no entertainment in the evening, one night they had a violinist I think it was. They do have a lovely roof top bar though, which was nice to go up to for a quiet night. The beach was lovely, just a couple of steps from the hotel. It was clear and beautiful. Me and my boyfriend went on a turtle trip for 30 euros for 5 hours!! It was amazing, so relaxing and stopped off many times to swim. We also saw two turtles which was amazing!!!! The nighlife is good, we went to pretty much the same bars every night and got to know the reps. The hotel was amazing, it was clean, rooms were lovely and lots of nice sitting areas. The pool was small but the hotel wasnt that busy. The restaurant was lovely, and the food was nice. I would come back here again just me and my boyfriend it was lovely, it was a good first holiday for us 18 year olds as we had the chance to stay in if we wanted. Have reccomended this hotel to my mum and dad as they like to walk down the strip and have a drink in a few bars, but also like the quiet. The staff were also very friendly!! Water park (Water village) was fun too!! Small, as I am used to florida and spain but it was ok. Had an amazing week here wiht my boyfriend and friends :-)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jessica0207
Reviewed 7 September 2013

been here about 20 times what can I say. it is a very clean hotel the staff are friendly and now have become friends swimming pool is clean and the staff are good with kids I think it is a home from home I will be coming back to the hotel next yeah with my whole family

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family