“Great stay”

Ranked #10 of 73 Hotels in Laganas
Cardiff, Wales
“Great stay”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here from 27th June fab location and good quality food - usual fully inclusive drinks offered however cocktails also included which was nice - the roof bar is nice for a quiet evening drink. Rooms of lovely standard and hotel only a few minutes walk from the strip with it's very lively nightlife - fab day bed area if the pool or beach are not your thing however right on the beach so fantastic location - would definitely recommend

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Touringfish

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
milton keynes
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a personal and honest opinion of our holiday at Best Western Galaxy, May 29th to June 5th.we arrived in Zante nearly two hours late thanks to serious problems with checking in at Luton.Ok then, first thoughts , at hotel check in we had to pay a room deposit of 50 euros which wasn't mentioned in the Cosmos brochure, we were given room 130B which had a sea view, the room was ok, the bathroom was big and had two showers , and no trouble with hot water, the beds were big and comfy, now here's a gripe , why do the English only get BBC world service and CNN news on the TV ?The location is superb the hotel is right on the beach ,sun beds on the beach cost 6 euros for two beds and a brolly but sun beds in the gardens and around the pool are free. The pool bar do limited cocktails , wines and beer and also coffee , however all drinks are served in small plastic cups , I know it's a safety aspect but bigger glasses please ,there are also sandwiches and cakes available on a help yourself basis. The restaurant did varied meals, whilst not spectacular cuisine there is always something to suit you, if like me you enjoy your cup of tea with breakfast then take your own tea bags , the ones on offer are horrible, you can also get beer wine and soft drinks. The roof top bar is great and Iouniss the barman is fantastic and plays a mixed selection of music and the views are lovely.out and about, go out the main entrance turn right and follow the road around until you get to Toad in the Hole, it's a great watering hole and next door is a supermarket which is run by an English woman who loves to chat. so to sum up, would I go back ? Because of the location and value , most definitely , we love Zante , we love the people, the beach the weather, I could go on. Bye the way the hotel guests are multi national but don't let that worry you, You'll have a great time , Go There ! Yammas !

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
4 Thank rob w
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

A group of 3 of us stayed at the Galaxy hotel for 3 nights,all inclusive and absolutely LOVED it!!
The hotel is in a perfect location, not too far from the airport, shops, restaurants and definately the beach. We had everything we needed minutes/seconds away, The room was also in great condition, well furnished and regularly cleaned.

The staff were great from the minute we checked in to the minute we left. Always answered any questions and happy to help at all times-Including bar staff.

The food was great and there was always a variety. I loved the fish theme they had one night with a variety of dishes including salmon pasta, seafood lasagne,fish soup etc, delicious!

In terms of entertainment (due to the short period we stayed) we only saw the Greek style dance on sunday night @9pm which was fun and got everyone involved. We spent most of our nights out of the hotel including down the strip which was a short walk away! Perfect!!

There was always something to do at the hotel, whether it being relaxing on the beach,swimming in the pool,playing table tennis or playing pool! There was also a computer available with free internet at all times.

The only downfall were the sunbeds on the beach! Whether you are all inclusive or not, you had to pay 8 euros. The only free sunbeds were on the grass.

Excursions were reasonably priced, a visit to the famous Shipwreck beach was 25 euros, and a daily trip to St.Nicholas Beach was free (but you had to pay for at least one of the watersports activities i.e. banana ride, paragliding, jetski etc. Would recommend these two excursions.

Overall it was a great stay, lovely whether (23/24 degrees in May), and would definately go back,for longer. I would give this hotel 4 stars!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank LoooveToTravel2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Firstly I'd like to thank this hotel for a lovely, much needed and well deserved break. The hotel is located on the beach, has a great pool, great spacious rooms, fab food... I could go on. The staff are so friendly and pleasant - particularly Armando (restaurant supervisor) and the barmen Klodian and Nikos. I honestly really can't find many faults with this hotel - it was better then I had anticipated, especially when I got an absolute bargain of a price.

Our stay of the 21st - 28th May was perfect! The hotel way nice and quiet but not so much that it lacked atmosphere. There was always enough sunbeds (even with the naughty reservers) and the amazing roof top bar opened towards the end of our stay. The free pool and ping pong was also a nice extra. The food was pretty decent considering it was all inclusive - there was lots of themed nights and such and it was always well heated/cooled and the desserts were amazing! My only slight quibble was the dodgy wi-fi that sometimes worked and sometimes just didn't, but it wasn't the end of the world.

If you do fancy eating out on your stay I highly recommend Cool Peppers which is just a short walk down the beach. Not only does it do lovely food but the cocktails are fab too! The strip is only a short walk down the beach also if you fancy a night out. Trips wise I highly recommend the top cruiser trip which visits the shipwreck, caves and turtle island which we got for 24 euros pp and is a 9-5 trip. The water park was also pretty fun even though it was one of the smaller ones I've visited.

Our transfer wasn't the 1 hour we'd been told - the hotel is literally 10 minutes away from the airport and luckily we were the first drop off!

To cut a long review short, we had a great stay at this hotel and cannot complain! It literally is what it says on the tin and looks even better in real life. If you'd like to know anymore then please feel free to message me.

I highly recommend this hotel and the beautiful island of Zakynthos.

3 Thank jaderebecca
Oxford
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Myself and my wife have just returned here from a four night bank holiday break.

My wife booked this break last minute, and from the impression given by their website, it was a deal worth taking up.

You pays your money, you take your chance I guess. And I know all we wanted was a bit of sun, and a laze by the beach, so four nights all inclusive sounded great. But...

The customer service is beyond terrible. I know you don't go on a beach holiday for the customer/staff experience, but courtesy goes a long way. At least pretend you give a damn about the holiday makers you're being paid to help/serve. They were rude, abrupt and...well, disinterested.

The food wasn't the worst. It was...fine. Just repetitive and a bit bland. School dinners is the best way I can find to describe it. I just didn't expect to find a finger nail in my beans during our last breakfast. Hmm.

The Wi-Fi issue was a tad annoying. In a world of kindles and the like, as much as we all bang on about wanting to get away from it when on our hols, we kind of like to know it's there if we need it.
It wasn't, well, it was, but only at five in the morning. When I asked at reception about this issue, they reacted as if I'd just asked them to solve world hunger. Did I mention the disinterest?

A few more things.

The bar staff were terrible. They were slow, and they wouldn't know urgency if it bit them on the...well, you know.
I suppose this kind of inept service is fine if all you're happy to prop up the bar and drink until you can't pronounce your own name. Anyway.

Right off the pool/bar area is the beach. This area is lovely. Quiet and relaxing. You get the occasional young man trying to sell you fake wares, but this is amusing rather than anything else. At the end of the day, you can just ignore them, right?

There's plenty of restaurants along the beach front which then lead on to 'the Strip'. This is basically a high-street filled with bars and clubs, fine, if you like that sort of thing.

The hotel itself isn't that bad. It could be so much better, if it wanted to. It quite clearly doesn't, and the staff seem to be happy with that.

Shame.

Room Tip: Booking to go slightly out of season is your best bet if you're a family, or looking for a laid...
1 Thank moodyman77
Ringwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Myself and 4 other girls stayed in the galaxy beach hotel last June.

When we arrived impressions were not great as our rooms were not ready for us, although the room we stayed in that night was lovely! The arrival receptionists were stuck up, as we were a younger party they assumed we would be trouble. However after we eventually got given correct rooms the holiday began to look up!

The hotel has a wonderful location on the beach and a short 10 min walk to strip- perfect not to close and not to far. The pool was wonderful, sun-beds were reserved early however we sunbathed on the grass.

All inclusive drinks were great and extensive and the roof top bartender Ioannis was amazing and made our stay more enjoyable. Meals were good having a different theme every night and branded drinks with evening meals (FANTA AND COKE).

Spiros on the night desk was also extremely helpful and always looked after us girls, having Spiros and Ioannis on galaxy beaches staff redeemed the earlier rude staff.

Overall a fantastic hotel and would 100% recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Courtlaw1994
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The hotel itself is beautiful - gorgeous views, friendly staff & very clean. However, the hotel is advertised as children friendly & I found it to be far from that! The kids pool was nice but freezing cold & the kids 'play area' consisted of 4 shabby old kids toys, half of which were broken! No entertainment was provided at any point throughout the week meaning we spent most nights out of the hotel even though we paid for all inclusive...
We travelled 11th May & half of the advertised facilities were closed such as the roof top cocktail bar & the kids club - the poolside bar only opened halfway through the week.
The food was ok, but again very little choice for my 2 year old daughter. Also, the bar have a1 drink per person rule - this was inconvenient considering we were a party of 6!
Overall, the hotel was nice but I certainly wouldn't take children there as there is nothing for them to do....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laganas
Mediterranean Beach Resort Hotel
Zante Plaza Hotel & Apartments
Mabely Grand Hotel
Mabely Grand Hotel
#1 of 2 in Kampi

Been to Galaxy Hotel, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!