“President apartments - Laganas”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Laganas
Hotel White Olive Premium
Ranked #41 of 74 Hotels in Laganas
London, United Kingdom
“President apartments - Laganas”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I never tend to complain about hotels but I wouldn't recommend this hotel. Regardless of this we all had such an amazing holiday! Just not because of the hotel
We had a pool view room which was boiling hot but we didn't opt for aircon as we had heard bad reviews about this. It was almost impossible to sleep at night because of the heat-some of us chose to sleep on the balcony because of this. Our friends had a room on the opposite side of the hotel which was cooler but everything in their room was broken, the shower and toilet leaked and there was a puddle of water that spread out through their room and even under their door into the corridor.
The cooking facilities were awful, we had a hob and toaster but no kettle like some of the rooms. The hob didn't even work - we tried to cook a can of beans in a pan and after half an hour they were still cold. Couldn't boil water in it either. Also all of the labels had rubbed off the hob so you couldn't see what temperature you were cooking at and you couldn't see if it was turned off.
Hotel pool was nice - though one day someone staying at the hotel cut their foot on a tile and there was blood around the pool which was left to dry up and not cleaned up for days. Also the pool bar was never open.
The restaurant in the hotel was very cheap and the food was nice - no complains there. The bar and cocktails were cheap too but very weak and not very nice.
The hotel security were very annoying - you couldn't sit on your balcony or make noise at night without being threatened to be kicked out of the hotel.
The strip was about 15 minutes walk away - unlit - which being in a group of all girls did not feel very safe. The beach was right by the hotel through an alley - but we were told not to use this cut through at night as people had been attacked down there. The beach was lovely though.
The resort itself was good , although there were many abandoned and empty hotels and restaurants around - we took an excursion to the other side of the island and actually drove through ghost towns.
The beaches were beautiful , especially if you get a boat trip like we did that goes around the island. We organised this on the strip and it only cost €16
I wouldn't say I felt safe in zante - there were gypsies all over the strip and they'd send their children to pickpocket - we saw this happen so many times - the child hugs you and doesn't let go and at the same time goes into your pockets to steal. Also when we were there we were warned about Serbians, one day there were police at the hotel and we found out that some Serbians in our hotel had attacked someone and threatened them with a knife.
But apart from all of this the holiday was so good, especially the paint party and the silent disco. The reps are all really friendly. Hate to complain so much but thought everything was worth saying!

Room Tip: Rooms at back of hotel are cooler.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Charlotte H

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Stayed at the president for a week commencing the 26th July 2013, and what a week!!!!!!!
The hotel itself is generally clean, however the only issue we had was with ants, but that was only because we left empty cans of sugary cider round the room which was what attracts them! our bad!
We were made welcome from the onset, the reps were the best people we could have gotten. Meg and Danny, absolutely the best reps we've ever had on a girls holiday! Not afraid to get involved in the banter and always up for a laugh! Would definitely return to the hotel again just for a night out with these two! And to everyone that says never do the reps packages they rip you off.. we paid 110 euro for 5 events, which to be fair were the best nights out we had all week! Especially the silent disco and the paint party, if you do anything while in zante- do them! guaranteed fun!
We were never made to give any deposit in when we checked in, they must only do that to certain groups of people- however we did expect it with being a group of 9 roudy girls!
The owners themselves are weird- you only ever saw them at night when they were chasing you to go to bed after a hard night on the strip! The young lad, Lindi- everyone calls him suarez (he looks like luis suarez) is hilarious! 7/7 nights we were chased round the hotel to go to bed, ended up in a huge game of hide and seek! probably the highlight of our nights!
Watch out for serbians while in zante, one of our group was spat at and verbally abused by them, so be wary!!
The strip is about a 15/20 walk, but it's probably the most comical thing about being in zante, walking home at 5am and having security guards from other hotels chasing you with a police baton telling you to shut up. it made us get home quicker anyway!!!!
The food in the hotel is sound, get what you pay for really! the cocktails are amazing for 2.50!!
Overall, i would recommend this hotel to large groups of young people who are up for banter and little sleep!

Room Tip: if you stay on the bottom floor your balcony will be soaked!!!!!
2 Thank SaraNel
Reviewed 27 July 2013

So me and 11 other lads arrived on the 21st July at 6am local time, nothing was open and he would not serve us drinks at the bar. He spoke very little English and requested our passport for damage to the rooms. We got given the key and had to ring the room ourselves. When we went in the light didn't even work. And we were supposed to have a kettle and a toaster, we didn't have either and the fridge was small and the rooms were small and 2/10 for cleanliness. The supermarket was overpriced and the locals not friendly at all. Every night people threw up over the balcony and onto towels so I wouldn't recommend leaving towels on the balcony, the beach was only 50m away and very nice. If you didn't get up before 11:30 your sheets were not changed and the poo bin was only changed sometimes. There was no plug for the bath and on the second day the room cleaner stole my iPhone 4's and the people who were staying next to us told us their free d had fell off a balcony of the apartment across the road and got out into a comba. The strip it's self is quite safe but gypsies feel your pockets and try to pick pocket you so I would advise a bum bag. Also there are Serbians that are aggressive and if you are walking anywhere other than the strip on your own you need to be careful because I got hit by one and they took 20 euros, after this I had had enough and booked a flight home having made myself ill with worry and stress. Lost my voice. There was no air con and when I told the rep about my phone she wanted me to pay 100 euros for a translator. We paid 460 pounds to go on holiday for 3 days and then got ill and was scared into coming home. I feel completely ripped off and won't be returning to Zante any time soon, if you want a good time where you can get as drunk as you possibly can and still feel safe Zante isn't the place to go.

Room Tip: Don't even bother
4 Thank Adamwarren94

Travellers are raving about these Laganas hotels

Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We arrived at President apartments on the 3rd of july very early in the morning around 5am, when we got there we queued up to receive our key for the door by a very miserable and bored looking man who then asked the 7 lads that had gone to pay a 150 euro deposit for damages that may occur (50 euros per room) we went along and payed the deposit confident that we wouldnt damage anything, he then gave us the key to our room which we showed ourselves too to find people already sleeping in the beds that we had the room key for we went back and told him about our problem to simply be given another key with no apology. The food at the resaurant took was nice however it took a very long time to actually come and sometimes i'd order the exact same as a friend and i'd have finished my meal before he'd even received his! The pool bar wasn't open for the whole period of our holiday and hadn't looked like it had been used in a long while. When we arrived in from a night out we'd quickly be ushered to our rooms and was not allowed to sit out on the balcony when we got in usually around 6am without funny looks and harsh words from the owner and security (we still sat outside). One of my friends came in from a night out alone early and despite having a room key was turned around and told he didnt stay at this hotel so had to sneak in past the security to actually get to his room! When it came to the day we was checking out there were many posters around the hotel saying you need to be checked out by 10 am on the date of departure. our date of departure was the 10th of july at 3 am however on the 9th of july at 10 am we were rudely awoken by the staff opening our doors and screaming 'go go go!' all with hangovers and partly drunk we packed our stuff and were promptly out by 11 we then payed 40 euros to keep one of the rooms for the rest of the day. We then came to get our passports back and the 150 euro deposit that we'd paid at the beginning of the holiday. as we handed our keys in we received our passports but when we asked about the 150 euro deposit the same owner that took the money off us looked bewildered and all of a sudden couldnt speak a word of english when we were trying to explain to him about the 'deposit' he had taken off us at the beginning of the holiday he point blank refused replying constantly with 'no no no' and walking off like it wasn't a problem and we'd completely made it up, when we spoke to our rep Ellis (who was a laugh and made the holiday more enjoyable) he made an attempt to get the money back for us but with only failed attempts. I would tell anyone to stay away from this hotel and if youre looking to stay in Zante go to Dados or Poseidon they were the ones that looked the best and were in the best locations in my opinion, i'll be returning to Zante next year but definetely not at this hotel completely bad experience with the staff. oh and the room had plenty of ants.

Room Tip: Do not stay here...
2 Thank Daniel P
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Just got back from staying at President, booked it with Thompson as a 18-30 holiday which was great good price. However, when we arrived at the hotel we were given the key and had to make our own way to the room. The air con was not made available to us at all during the holiday. Although we were provided with a kettle when you tried to use this it never actually boiled, it kept going and the handle got hot so you had to unplug it to be able to use it.
The room was big enough but the single bed had blood on it and the bedding on the double was ripped. You were unable to sleep at all during the holiday because the room was so hot and you couldn't keep the door open because of the noise. The also took 30 euros off me for a safe, which in most hotels this is refundable on departure -which it wasnt!
The room was covered in ants my friend had to flick them off the bed on the first night because there were so many, the rooms were cleaned every day though and all the bedding and towels changed.
The shower was useless hot was cold ect. wasn't clean at all.
Staff were friendly most of the duration until check out, they didn't inform me what time i needed to check out as I left at 6am on 10th and they actually wanted me out by 10am 9th, because no one informed me of this they came to be at 8pm on the 9th and told me I had to pay 40 euros or they wouldn't give me my passport back. The manager rung me and was extremely offensive and told me she wouldn't bring my passport back unless I paid her money. The staff then became rude and refused to even serve me a drink.
Overall I would never go back to Zante and even less to this hotel!

Room Tip: Anywhere in this hotel is noisey!
1 Thank Amy C
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

I went on my first girls holiday and 9 of us stayed in this hotel, the hotel it's self was clean but very basic but what you would expect for a low budget holiday. The food at the hotel was very nice and not too expensive plus you get large portions. The other people staying at the hotel help create a friendly atmosphere as everyone gets on around the lovely large pool. The strip is only a 10 minute walk and the beach is just across the road near enough. However the low point of the holiday were the staff, mainly the male staff they were very rude and ignorant. On many occasions it was like talking to a brick wall. As it is a 18-30s mainly hotel the noise levels are expected to be high as people come in from the clubs understandably they told people to keep the noise down however I do not wish to be sent to bed and then checked that I am in bed on many occasions, which I don't appreciate at the age of 18, my own mum doesn't even send me to bed. They just walked into your rooms without knocking including the bath rooms where my friend was showering. One member of staff also kicked repeatedly another customer staying at the hotel because they were sat in our room. Lovely hotel but I would not stay here again all because of the staff.

Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Lucyb95
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Booked with Thomson for a group of 9 (5 male, 4 female) and came in at under £400 each (self-catering + flights etc.) The food at the hotel was really nice and wasn't too expensive. There were numerous restaurants nearby which catered for different budgets. If not there were lots of supermarkets nearby selling food, drink and everything else quite cheaply.
Generally the hotel itself was clean, and the staff were friendly. Our rooms were basic and the showers could do with updating but you get what you pay for. Likewise, the self catering part was basic with a hob and a few cooking utensils so you could cook if you wanted to, however the heat from it made the room too hot and we couldn't be bothered to cook much as there was lots of food cheaply elsewhere. There were ants which managed to get into our room but this was sorted with insect repellent. The only complaint would be it needs proper air conditioning in all the rooms, especially the ones at the front of the hotel which heated up like an oven during the day. We did get fans from the local supermarkets for a small charge but could definitely have done with full air con to be more comfortable.
Overall, the hotel is for young people looking to spend the nights on Laganas strip (about 5 mins walk away) and the days on the beach (which is 2 minutes away down a path), by the pool or taking part in the activities that are offered all over the island. Would say families and older people definitely avoid as it's a lively hotel (people don't generally leave for the strip until gone 12) but recommend for anyone else as we had a great week away!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back and left side of the hotel are cooler
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lisa R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laganas
Zante Blue Beach Hotel
Tsilivi Admiral Hotel
Astir Palace Hotel
Astir Palace Hotel
#44 of 74 in Laganas

Been to Hotel White Olive Premium? Share your experiences!