“The staff are horrendous!!!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel White Olive Premium

Hotel White Olive Premium
Ranked #52 of 77 Hotels in Laganas
“The staff are horrendous!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Where to begin...bloody hell, the staff really are rude. I'd read the reviews before I went on holiday there (18-25 August) buy was not expecting what we got!

My fiancé and stayed in the hotel as a last minute surprise getaway; the minute we arrived we knew things weren't going to be good. Upon arrival after a 4 hour flight and half hour transfer we asked for something to drink - the rep Gemma had to shout at one of the Greek men to open the bar for us, they even have locks on the bloody Pepsi fridges!!! After about 20 minutes of waiting we eventually managed to get a drink.

Moving on, my fiancé and I are quite quiet people and never cause any sort of trouble - we don't play our music loud at night, we are polite to other guests and staff etc etc so for the life of me I can't understand why we were treated as if we were a couple of sex fuelled teenagers on the piss every night!?

We spent most of our time nowhere near the hotel as it was full of rowdy girls and lads obviously just eyeing each other up for some casual sex - not our thing. We even went to a different hotel for food and a pool every day! The drinks at the president are atrocious, like sewage! Not something you would drink if you want a tasty cocktail or even a decent pint.

One good thing is our room was cleaned regularly and was very very spacious. Fridge, freezer, kettle, toaster and fan in our room when we arrived so can't complain about that :-).

All in all, if you're a couple, avoid this like the plague - some utter plebs about at the best of times.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Victoria D

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

after seeing the reviews bad reviews I was scared to what to expect from the hotel.
the staff seemed friendly enough when we checked in until we got into the room and found out that there was no door on the fridge and the toilet seat was greener than the grass outside totally dirty. when we complained to staff they fobbed us off with the reps not working in the nights so we had to wait til the morning.

We confronted the reps in the morning they said that they couldn't move us because hotel was full even know some people was leaving . They said the fridge door will be fixed within the hour,came back from the beach six hours later nothing had been done, complained again then they said they would change the complete fridge never happen.

The final straw came on the last night we was leaving my cleaned the room and left us with no clean towels to have a shower with in the morning until we went back to complain .

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank alan m

Travellers are raving about these Laganas hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Arrived here on the 5 August at 10pm and was welcomed by our rep Gemma who is great. Can't fault her in the slightest. Such a laugh. Got told our room and we found it without a problem. Very basic room for the 5 of us. 2 single beds, a sofa bed and then in the next room there was a double bed. Very small kitchenette but never used it as it didn't look very safe. Watch out for the fridge, full of ice and mould. Everything apart from the fridge and kitchenette was spotless. No ants, do t understand the people that said their rooms were covered I didn't witness one ant the whole holiday.

The pool area is very small and only about 50 sun beds if you're lucky so me and the girls would go next door to "nemesis" which was free to all and also did great food as great prices.

The food at president is great as well and I also think it's reasonably priced as well, don't get why people are moaning at that too.

I understand we're people are coming from about the managers being rude, but if you're nice to them there nice back. Suarez is a legend. He does tell you to turn your music off at about 1, but that's when you hut the strip anyways.

The cleaners are lovely, but we did go 4 days one time without our rooms getting cleaned but when asked we got new towels etc.

Me and the girls were here for 2 weeks and I'm not gonna lie to you, it was a cock fest.
90% boys 10% girls.

Looky looks men are at the pool constantly, when one leaves another arrives seeking the exact same stuff.

The drinks are reasonable priced as well. And very strong.

The hotel is probably about a 10 minute walk from the strip which is not too bad.

If I was to return to Zante again this hotel would not be ruled out. It was a great stay and we had no problems.

Don't listen to the rubbish reviews. WE made friends with 5 different groups and no one had problems,

Location
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank 3FromScotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

After seeing so many bad reviews I was a little bit scared as to what to expect but when me and friend went there we had an amazing time! At first the staff were not too friendly but by the end of our stay we had made good friends with all of the staff and even the owner! Be nice to them and they will be nice to you! Suarez is a legend! Hotels not the best out there but it certainly isn't bad. If you want to enjoy yourself then go to this place full of young people and amazing staff!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Helal A
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I was really anxious before staying here after reading all the reviews here on T.A, but was definitely pleasantly surprised.

We arrived late (12AM), and checked into our room. They are basic; a small kitchenette with a 2 ring electric hob, sink, half fridge with really good ice box, and some under counter storage, a double bed, wardrobe with a safe and a shelf, table with three chairs, coffee table, double fold out bed and a chest of drawers. We were unlucky in that we got the end apt, and only had a half sized balcony, but as there was only two of us we didn't mind too much. Also, you have to pay for air con which we didn't bother doing- BAD move.

So after returning from getting food, we tried to set up the fold out bed, only to find it was actually broken. Although we did to down to reception, the guy that came up, went away and then told us that at was too late (3AM) to fix it, and he would do it tomorrow. Never did, but anyway...

The pool is quite nice, we never had a problem getting beds, and it's big enough- I don't know why people are saying it's tiny. The pool bar is nice, with happy hour going on pretty much all day. The chips are phenomenal, and you can take them away so long as you bring back the little wicker basket they come in- I just dropped ours down in a plastic bag the next morning. WiFi is dodgey and doesn't always work.

As for safety, we found the complex fine. We left our door open 99% of the time as we didn't get air con, my passport, and our money in the safe and left the safe key on the kitchen table, but we felt safe enough. Stupid maybe, but safe.

Although it is very very noisy. ALL THE TIME. Music is played all day and half the night, which I mean, it's not people intentionally trying to be inconsiderate, but we barely got any sleep because of it, and couldn't nap in the evening. The general age group seemed to be 18ish, and just cared about having fun themselves. So I think a lot of the complaints are people like that who are giving out because they got in trouble. This was my fifth holiday in a place like this, and it's always the same.

It's about a ten minute walk from the Kalamaki Road, and fifteen minutes to the Strip. The strip is crap if you're over 18. We're 21 and felt like we'd been dumped in a crèche.

But honestly, the place isn't as bad as the reviews make out. It's cheap and all you do is sleep and eat there.

1 Thank ClaireCrilly
Tutbury, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Would defo stay in this hotel again, got back today from a lads holiday it's full of young Brits all there for the same thing, probably 50% girls 50% guys. the owners moan about noise at 1am but who cares because that's when you hit the strip. Only a 5-10 minute walk to the strip and literally 100 meters to the beach. The 2 reps Kenny and Gemma are so cool and make the holiday 10x better with all the events they throw for hotel guests. The rooms are basic but all you use them for are sleeping and showering so that is a minor. All snobby people hoping for a glamours place to stay then steer clear but if your going for a proper party holiday like laganas is made for then this place really is good. I didn't see 1 ant in the hotel all week so I don't know where the other reviews got that from. If I return I will defo be staying here again!!!

Room Tip: Go for the pool view room if possible. This is where the pre drinking takes place down by the pool a...
      Sleep Quality
uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

After looking at the comments on this I was a little scared of what to expect when me and my partner got there, however I was pleased! The reps were helpful....when we checked in, after that we only seen them to say hello to. We didn't get offered to go on Any nights out so we ended up booking with people on the strip who were much more helpful, the pool was ok, no pool bar though and the fountains were hardly ever on, the staff did not talk to you unless you were buying something from them, not even a hello! There is constantly lucky lucky men walking around the pool, one goes and one walks in selling the same fake sunglasses! The hotel room was big just because we upgraded, but there was no kettle just a toaster and pans. The shower was not good at all!! It trickled and even I had to crouch to get under it at 5 foot 5!! So if ur tall it is a joke! The view was a field of dust and rubbish including clothes, bottles and bongs! Also it was so warm on a night so make sure you get a room where the air con works, ours didn't and we had to buy a fan which blew out warm air. I must say the cleaners are the friendliest staff there and make sure your room is clean everyday! Make sure before you settle in you make the reps aware of any damage that is already there! The hotel is right next to a beach bar which was amazing and the strip was a 5 minute walk. It was only for that and the people who we met that made our holiday a good one!! Even around the pool some1 had to put their docking station on for the decent music, over all good holiday!!

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laganas
Majestic Spa Hotel
#12 of 77 in Laganas
Zante Park Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Galaxy Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Mediterranean Beach Resort Hotel

Been to Hotel White Olive Premium? Share your experiences!