“18-30's??!!!”

Mon Repos Apartments
Ranked #19 of 74 Hotels in Laganas
“18-30's??!!!”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Sakis and the staff were lovely , overall the pool bar and pool was lovely . The rooms however were disgusting. I understand 18-30's is not the best but we weren't even aloud to make noise after 12?! The security guard was a total knob. The 'maid' was an absolute joke! Telling people to go to the shop for toilet roll? Nae bother , she's a wee runt. Didn't even change our towels for the first 5 days , what's does she even get paid for?? I would not reccommend this hotel as its a long scary walk from the strip and your every move is watched by the hawk know end (security guard) . That's is all.

1 Thank C1233

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Greek first
Lincoln
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Got back on 16th August. Stayed here with 10 mates (all lads between 19-24). The hotel is spot on. €50 deposit when you get there which is normal. €50 for air-con - would advise getting this! €15 for safe.

Rooms
Basic but clean, adequate space, we didn't cook but cooker available. Shower isn't great but good enough for what you need. 8 of us were in the first annexe which is a 1 minute walk away and 3 of the lads were in the second annexe, slightly longer. The woman who cleans (and fines) was a real pain. Tries charging for everything!

Location
Couldn't really get much closer to the strip. 5 minutes tops. Shop on the way to the strip, cigs, beer etc. Decent prices as well. If you're a lass, be careful of the walk back because it's dark and you never know! Maggie Maes is just past the shop, very nice food or opposite the hotel, it looks quite a nice fish restaurant. It doesn't just do fish, does good steak at good prices.

Bar, Staff and Pool
This is what sells it! The staff are great! Sakis is a legend. With 11 of us, we got a fair few free shots etc. We did a sakis special sambuca. Mental. Happy hour from 10-11. €10 for an hour and as much beer, vodka and cocktails as you like. Nikos is great and 'Tony' spends all night tipping gallons of chlorine in the pool. One night, Sakis had to drag someone out of the pool and gave him a bit of a slap but without swearing, the lad was a real sack. The pool scene is great, loud music and a couple of pool tables. Plenty of sunbeds.

Reps
Generally decent. My advice would be, get things from them if you want. If, like us, there's a big group and you're not great at making decisions, then this might be a good idea. You get to know people and everyone's English. It's really not that bad priced. Yeah you go out early but get decent offers in bars so it's pretty good. Our rep was Flo. We called him Florence. Decent lad, not in your face. We did paint party which was awesome, tinie tempah (bought tickets in England) great day and full moon party - drinks were very poor but good atmosphere.

A bad note were charges in the rooms. Charged for any marks on sheets, pillows etc. Dont spill anything on sheets, €125 fine for that. We found out, twice!

The Strip
Most drinks are €5. Things like vodka mixer. Word of advise, we've all been to Ibiza, magaluf and some of us Malia, if what they offer on the door sounds to good to be true, it is. Drinks will just be juice but have a look around, particularly with big groups, you can get great deals with a lot of you there.

One last bad note. Everyone assumed we were from 'the north' of England. Everyone here are boy bandy, Only way is Essex type of people. This put our group off. We were described as men's men by a group of lasses. Compliment? Maybe.

Anyway, I would definitely recommend this hotel. Sakis is great and the atmosphere is fantastic. When you go to the bar, make sure you ask for a Wil*y Spray!

1 Thank Nicko804
Worksop, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Just returned from this dump last week 15/8/13 and where do I start . Firstly we arrived at mon repos hotel and the owner seemed a really nice man but how wrong we was all this man is interested in is ripping you off . On arrival you have to hand over 50 euro and yore passport in case of anything gets damaged Witch is fair dos but if the find anything at all with a bit of dirt on it that's yore 50 euros gone . The rooms are small and very basic and not the cleanest the shower what can I say it's like a hose pipe has no holder and the temperature is always changing also the maid is not a nice person doesn't give you the time of day and is always shouting in Greek . Me and my friend went out on the strip for the night because it was my birthday had a grate night and we come back to this dump of a hotel and the bar was still open so we thought we would have a quick one before bed any way we got to drinks and sat near the pool my friend been a lil drunk decided to jump in the pool Jesus what a misstate he made there sakkos comes running out of the bar with a huge metal torch and dragged my friend out of the pool and punched him on his back the chased my friend out of the bar area swinging the torch at him I couldn't believe what had just happened it was a drunken mistake there was no need to go off like he did trying to hit him with a torch after my friend managed to get out the bar he came for me and dragged me by the scruff of the neck and dragged me out after not doing a thing wrong . This man is a horrible man and if this how he treats paying guests the dump wants shutting down I would never recommend anyone staying hear not because what happened with my friend just the fact that's its a total dump with everyone trying to rip you off for little things or nothing at all . We had a grate time in Zante but had a horrible time at this hotel rather sleep in a shed for a week than stay there .

Room Tip: Don't get one hear
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Simon B
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I stayed here with 6 of my friends in the first week of August. at first I was very anxious after reading reviews but there's is nothing to worry about. as soon as you arrive sakis takes €50 off you for the room and takes one person passport from each room. and he warns you about the reps trying to rip you off and he was completey right!
We stayed in apartments blocks A. they were about a 5 minute walk from the pool but it didn't bother us. The rooms were nice and clean. basic but what can you expect for an 18-30's holiday. I recommend you take your own pillow case just to make sure you don't get marks on your pillow.
The pool was always lively and clean. The pool bar was amazing! the food was good and reasonable, and happy hour was good for pre drinks! Stay on the good side of the security as we reckon he stole €400 of a boys room above us. Definitely get a save. it's €50 but nothing was stolen from mine or the other room. if you want to bring someone back there's no chance you'll get him back. the security is watching all the time. The hotel was a 5 minute walk from the strip but that didn't bother us. I definitely recommended staying here and would definitely come back to mon repo!

4 Thank HayleeyAnderson
Rotherham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2013

well where do i start.. when we got there we was asked 50 euros for air con and 15 pound for safety deposit (WHICH YOU NEED) which we wasn't bothered about and 'zakiss' says another 50 euros per room just in case you break anything which was a annoying. so we paid that then his son pops up and says cum'on girls jump in car and ill take you to your hotel. so we thought ehh? where we going like?
we walked into the rooms which was murky mucky and smelly but hey ho what do you expect right? we got a fly infestation half way through our holiday and the maid didnt do nothing about it. we asked the maid for toilet roll n she said no supermarket! and every night i would wake up and look around my room thinking someone was there its that unsafe!
The shower haha! i wouldn't call it a shower you have to hold the shower head and for girls Jesus its annoying after a week of balancing the shower head in one hand whilst trying to shampoo your hair with the other and water splashing all over floor, and the temperature constantly going cold then red hot god your better off getting a shower at pool, oh also you have a constant wet floor because the shower curtain didn't fit, also we thought this was just ours but we asked the other people in our block n they was all the same.
Then within three days being there our next door neighbours which where boys got there phone nicked by the maid. a group of lads above us got 600 euros nicked by the security man and your on a dark country road so you cant walk home alone.
on one night out there was a big group of us walking down this 'dark country road' and a Greek man on a motorbike come flying round the corner and come flying off it because he didn't see us coming.
on the third night lacked of money we decided to have a drink on balcony (ON THE FIRST FLOOR) so ring of fire set up, on our first cans at 10 o'clock the security man come up and said you've gotta go girls, we was like why? its only 10 o'clock where do u expect us to go? n he didn't listen kept on saying we had to leave our rooms so we demanded to see the owner which is the lovely 'zakiss' HA! well he come marching up to our room banging on our door we let him in n iv never been spoken to so rude in my entire life he was shouting and spitting in all our faces bare in mind we are 4 girls who are 19 hes a old Greek man with an anger issue. so he literally threatened us that we had 5 minuets to get out of our room or we was getting kicked out. so we had to sit on the shop steps as it was too early to go to the strip.
after that he wouldn't say thank you, please or even look at us, he didn't even say sorry and just made us feel very unwelcome at the pool.
i would NEVER stay here again and i wouldn't even let a tramp sleep here its a dog house the owners just a nasty man you have to walk to pool and your away from strip and in a dangerous area. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DUMP!
that is all.
if only i could swear on here

Room Tip: try and get the hotel at the pool your alloud to socialise there if your in the other hotels you can...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Ella R
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Just got back from a week long holiday with three other uni friends, all female, 19 year olds. We booked last minute and got the 7 day holiday and flights all for £218. As we paid so little, what we got was amazing, however, we met some people at our hotel who had paid around £520 for the rooms, total rip off for what you are getting. I would not pay any more than what we paid. I read a lot of Trip Advisor reviews before we went to make sure I was aware of certain things regarding the hotel. The most common problem was that they try to rip you off any way they can, which in all honesty I thought wouldn't be a problem for us as we are all really clean and tidy, wouldn't be bringing anyone back so could avoid the 30 euro guest over night charge and weren't rowdy girls. However, this really does not matter, they really will sting your wallet for anything. My friend got tiny mascara marks on the pillow (which you can see in the picture) that they wanted to charge us 10 euros for, however she washed it in the sink and it came clean so we fortunately avoided any charges.
- Pool -
The pool was nice and had a great atmosphere for the clubbing scene, they played music in the day, supplied inflatables, and played some pool games (we did not partake). The pool bar was good, after reading reviews I had prepared myself to get majorly ripped off on food and drinks, also soft drinks were expensive I found the price of food ok. I spend half of the week listening to Trip Adviser reviews not to buy water round the pool as it was 2 euros to then find out it was only 80 cent. On a Wednesday they hold a pool party and a BBQ at night that we didn't attend but the food looked great. Happy hour was brilliant. 10pm till 11pm, put 10 euros pp behind the bar and get unlimited cocktails, Mythos beer and drinks with vodka. The cocktails were so nice. If you plan to pre drink before heading to the strip, happy hour is a good shout as the don't use measurements and don't water it down so the drinks are so strong.

- Rooms -
Rooms were basic, but clean. The beds weren't the comfiest but when you're rolling in drunk you can sleep on anything. The bathrooms could do with being updated, the shower head had to be held by hand which for me made washing the conditioner out of my ridiculously long hair a very difficult task. The shower curtain wasn't long enough so the floor got flooded every time you showered. Our balcony was great, we had a lovely view of the Greek countryside and at night could see the strip all lit up. We were in the annex block which is about 200m walk through a wood to get to the pool, it is lit up at night but I would still suggest taking a torch as I did after reading through Trip Adviser reviews. I would not suggest walking back alone, it was really creepy.

- Staff -
We decided after reading reviews that the only way to have a good experience from Mon Repo is to stay on the good side of the owner Sakis, which we did. He was lovely, very hospitable and always referred to guests by name. The staff around the pool were nice. On the other hand, the woman that looked after our block was a PSYCHOPATH!! We could often hear her brawling with hotel guests as they made their way home. One of the male guests walked us to our room one night because we were being followed by strange men. The kind gesture all turned a bit sour when the keeper of the block refused to listen to me when I said he was also a hotel guest and then proceeded to hit him with a broom. Not a very nice way to treat your customers. Also on this occasion the said guy came into our room for five minutes to use my phone to ring his room mate, which resulted in the psychopath shouting at us in Greek and saying that we had to ‘pay for the boy’ meaning she was going to charge us 30 euros to have a guy back (who was a guest at the hotel) for five minutes to contact his friend. Luckily Sakis was understanding and said that we would not be charged. Our last night was stressful, we asked to check out a day later than usual as our flight was in the early hours of the next morning. They would only let us keep our room an extra 10 hours for 30 euros, to keep pur bags in, then when I mentioned that the rest of the party (two more girls) wanted to put their bags in too, the woman then demanded 40 euros. Total rip off. We were then on edge making sure we hadn’t dirtied/broken anything that they could try and fine us for, all the while we could hear the woman shouting at the occupants next door, whose chairs had been taken away by the cleaner, but they had apparently robbed them and had to pay an extra 30 euros on top of their 50 euro deposit. The hotel cleaner was one of the RUDEST women I have EVER come across. Shouting single words at us aggressively and slamming doors. Might I add that 'cleaning' our room involved her kicking (yes kicking) our belongings around and grunting at us in disgust.

- Club 18 - 30 Reps -
THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS. AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE. On arrival at 6am, we were accosted by one of the reps in our room, telling us about all the 'amazing' events they had in store for us. These events started at 8pm and finished at 12am, when the strip doesn't even get going till 1am. So you have spent 50 unnecessary euros before the night has even begun. When we refused to hand over 220 euros each for the events package, the rep then started acting strange saying 'Oh well this is awkward, what am I supposed to do now' 'Look girls I'm not angry with you but I am going to get in trouble with my boss if I don't give him the figures now' By this point we were getting very annoyed as all we wanted was sleep and told him to leave. He said that we had to tell him what we wanted to do first thing in the morning. We knew this was so we would not have time to find out you can buy events on the strip for much cheaper. I would not recommend doing the club events, apart from the Full Moon Party at CherryBay Beach Club on Monday night. I even got one rep to admit to me that Total Karnage was a waste of money and wasn't a very good deal. We went to the White Party instead which was amazing. Would highly recommend. Another rep acted all nicey nicey to us to get on our good side by not pestering us about events and stuff, he then invited us on his private boat party with his mates to which we refused cos we thought it was weird and unprofessional. After that he didn't bother speaking to us much again, so clearly his exceptional customer service for the first part of the week was just him thinking he could get lucky. I don't think so pal.

- Overall -
Cons
- The walk back is dark and quite dangerous (cars drive at you to scare you) take a torch and do not walk home alone.
- Not being able to relax in the room out of fear of dirtying something. Getting in bed almost involved a full shower in an attempt to avoid fines
- They are GREEDY, prepare to be ripped off, can really put a sour taste on the holiday
- The psychopath caretaker and her equally psychotic cleaning daughter, they definitely could ruin your holiday and I would say put a dampener on our experience of Mon repo because until their moments of unnecessary rage I was giving Mon Repo 5 stars out of 5 on my Trip Adviser review.
- Kitchen equipment is minimal, cooking can be done but I wouldn't class the hotel as self catering.
- No food and drink around the pool that hasn't been bought from the bar, even if you have made it yourself in your room.
- The shower was awful, I could not wait to see the last of it.
- The scammy reps. AVOID. Have banter with them of course and stay on their good side, but DO NOT buy their package. You can have a much better night by pre drinking at happy hour and heading out to the strip around 12am, just play it by ear. Full Moon was good. GO TO THE WHITE PARTY, hosted by PartyO, you can buy tickets from Pizza Hub on the strip.

Pros
- Sakis is great if you get on his good side
- Great location (ignoring the night time dangers) 200m from the strip, great corner shop near by and over the road from Akropolis, the best restaurant in Laganas.
- Great pool/bar area
- HAPPY HOUR, no watered down drinks here
- A great hotel to stay at if you want a base for a clubbing holiday.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor to avoid robberies. Try not to be in the annex to avoid the psyco and...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Maria1L
Reviewed 23 July 2013

The hotel was absolutely horrible, they will rip you off and take as much money off you as possible. The hotel owner sakkos who seems lovely when you arrive is evil and bearing in mind I am a female the way he spoke to me and acted towards me was disgusting. I felt very threatened and I am also aware that he has held up girls previously. Luckily the people staying in the hotel at the same time as me were lovely and made my holiday but I would never recommend any one to go to the hotel. At the end of your stay you will be charged for things that you have not done.

• Stayed July 2013